PDA

View Full Version : New Parties??

RileyE104
11-02-2009, 08:27 PM
I noticed that FOX is marking certain candidates as (C) for Conservative, instead of the normal (R) for Republican...
So if a new "Conservative" party is being formed, what results will this have on the election?

I just started wondering because if Congressman Paul decides to run in 2012, what will he run as? If the new "Conservatives" do not recognize him as a major candidate and decide to outcast him as the Republicans did last time around, what will the effect be? Will it look "bad" if he sticks with the Republican party and potentially runs against a "Conservative" candidate? Or will be better for him to just start off his campaign as an Independent or other third-party choice?
(all of this being considered only if the "Conservative" party does not accept him)

LibertyMage
11-02-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm sure Ron would run as a Republican. He warned this would happen to the party and now it has. It would look good for him to posture as a leader trying to unite the party. It would be appropriate as he has always adhered to the principles that were supposedly represented by the Republican party.