PDA

View Full Version : It's on. The campaign to draft Ron Paul 2012 has been launched.

sofia
11-02-2009, 06:51 PM
AJ is right. We need to create buzz now and RP must announce early next year.

YouTube - Alex Jones Drafts Ron Paul for 2012 Presidency Bid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07vWM74PL-8&feature=player_embedded)

Freedom Forever
11-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Ron Paul 2012!

TheConstitutionLives
11-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh God. It's being led by gross exaggerator and attention whore AJ.

I'll pass.

Flash
11-02-2009, 07:27 PM
He should announce in 2010 if hes going to run, I agree. I also think Gary Johnson should announce shortly.

erowe1
11-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't see why he should announce before the midterm elections.

sofia
11-02-2009, 07:48 PM
i think its a good idea because Ron is going to need that extra year to spread his name and message.

Unlike the dipshit Palin or Mitt Romney or Huckstrbee....Ron can't count on getting hellp from the media.

the only way around that is to start early and build rapidly

itshappening
11-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Alex Jones leading us off the cliff... I dont think Ron Paul should run. He'll only do it so his incompetent campaign people can claim massive expenses again

sofia
11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Alex Jones leading us off the cliff... I dont think Ron Paul should run. He'll only do it so his incompetent campaign people can claim massive expenses again

no argument on the incompetenance of his campaign, i'll grant you that.

itshappening
11-02-2009, 07:54 PM
And you'll think that will change why?

getting 8% in New Hampshire again? I CAN'T Wait!

He will appoint the same people so they can take their 10k a month.

We should be looking to win rather than educate. I think Johnson is a winner if he runs the ideal campaign and we can get behind him.

sofia
11-02-2009, 08:00 PM
And you'll think that will change why?

getting 8% in New Hampshire again? I CAN'T Wait!

He will appoint the same people so they can take their 10k a month.

We should be looking to win rather than educate. I think Johnson is a winner if he runs the ideal campaign and we can get behind him.

"He's catchin on I'm tellin ya."

Whoever came up with that spot should have been beaten with a bamboo rod. With all the flaws of McCain, the door was wide open for an aggressive attack campaign to capture libertarian/conservative New Hampshire.

Instead, the bearded midget was our New Hampshire mascot.

Pathetic campaign from start to finish, mismanaged by overpaid, non creative, corporate Dilbert types. Talented people on this very forum could have created a kick ass campaign for free.

itshappening
11-02-2009, 08:11 PM
that's why i'm not too excited... I love RP but I think he should work with someone like Johnson...

If Johnson commits and runs a campaign we can't get better than that, he agrees with us on all the big issues

WorldonaString
11-02-2009, 08:16 PM
[ITalented people on this very forum could have created a kick ass campaign for free.

I'm all for kicking ass and taking names this time around. Last time was the learning experience, thousands of us were very green to the game of politics. Since then, a lot has changed.

As for AJ, love or hate him, I don't understand how he thinks its a good idea that he lead this drafting of the Dr. I can't get behind AJ with all the baggage he brings to the table. Just look at his recent circus act with the "20 minutes with Obama" deal. Seriously, that was weak.

What we need to do is continue to prepare for an eventual run while getting our ducks in a row. That means focusing on getting some liberty candidates in office in 2010 to give us momentum and credibility for the big dance.

sofia
11-02-2009, 08:17 PM
that's why i'm not too excited... I love RP but I think he should work with someone like Johnson...

If Johnson commits and runs a campaign we can't get better than that, he agrees with us on all the big issues

yeah...but the name rec thing...

we'd have to start all over with "Who is Johnson?"

rprprs
11-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Wow.
I don't expect Ron to run. I don't like Alex Jones being the early champion of his candidacy. If Ron does run, it may not be to win, but to further educate, and that doesn't thrill me. If he runs, the same incompetent staff may, once again, foil his chances. But to suggest that the only reason he would run would be to pad the pockets of his campaign staff, is something I just can't let stand unchallenged. Do you really believe he is that unprincipled?

sofia
11-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow.
I don't expect Ron to run. I don't like Alex Jones being the early champion of his candidacy. If Ron does run, it may not be to win, but to further educate, and that doesn't thrill me. If he runs, the same incompetent staff may, once again, foil his chances. But to suggest that the only reason he would run would be to pad the pockets of his campaign staff, is something I just can't let stand unchallenged. Do you really believe he is that unprincipled?

i dont think he was questioning RP's principles, but rather he is suggesting that RP is being undermined by a gaggle of self serving idiots (if not outright traitors) that the good hearted Ron has placed trust in.

Remember, if Ron had won the GOP nomination but then lost to Obama...a lot of these staffers would have been out of their cushy Congressional staff jobs.

WarDog
11-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Oh God. It's being led by gross exaggerator and attention whore AJ.

I'll pass.

Alex Jones doesn't deserve your opinion. Jones is a saint who saw this long before you ever did. He has served this Revolution in ways you couldnt imagine and it pisses me off when ... heads like you attack a man that works hard to wake people up to the truth. WTF have you done? Where is your fucking radio show where is your fucking big mouth being heard. Oh yea ... to

sofia
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Alex Jones doesn't deserve your opinion. Jones is a saint who saw this long before you ever did. He has served this Revolution in ways you couldnt imagine and it pisses me off when ... heads like you attack a man that works hard to wake people up to the truth. WTF have you done? Where is your fucking radio show where is your fucking big mouth being heard. Oh yea ... to

I agree.

AJ invests money and time into DVD's and then urges people to GIVE them away free on YouTube.

Untalented haters disrespect him because that's what haters do. These little snob pricks think we can reach the masses with philosophical discourse, when the reality is...AJ's infotainment formula is what catches people.

Had AJ wanted to, he could easily sold out and become another Beck/Limbaugh superstar.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2009, 08:54 PM
OK, some facts to gut check and let's see where you fans really stand:

Alex Jones was at the forefront of encouraging Ron to run in late 2006 early 2007. I remember the interviews and shows clearly. He is doing the same thing again. If you have a problem with it, then you should bail out now, because Jones and his listeners, including people like me, will be here again, right on the front lines. We were not run off two years ago, we won't be run off this time around either. Deal with it.

Ron Paul has made some comments that running in 2012 is not out of the question, all other things being equal I suppose. Well, this is a RON PAUL forum. If you're somehow uncomfortable with the idea of supporting a 2012 run, they may I suggest you might be on the wrong board.

Ronald Reagan was beaten by Ford in the primaries leading up to the 1976 vote, only to come back with a vengeance in 1980. He was 69 when elected. Ron Paul would be 76. Ron Paul is amazingly fit for a man his age. Winning in 2012 is a not outside the realm of possibility. If I can put my extreme hatred and cynicism toward the "system" aside in order to go all out on another political campaign, so should everybody else. I'm nothing special, so WTF, lead, follow or get out of the way.

Run Ron run, I've got yer' back, 100 percent.

itshappening
11-02-2009, 09:29 PM
i dont think he was questioning RP's principles, but rather he is suggesting that RP is being undermined by a gaggle of self serving idiots (if not outright traitors) that the good hearted Ron has placed trust in.

Remember, if Ron had won the GOP nomination but then lost to Obama...a lot of these staffers would have been out of their cushy Congressional staff jobs.

+1

Those folks have let us down so much, they're like a handicap to us!

The reason I like the idea of Johnson is a new campaign, fresh ideas etc but you're right we will face the name rec problems but if RP runs they will just ignore him anyway

itshappening
11-02-2009, 09:36 PM

Alex Jones was at the forefront of encouraging Ron to run in late 2006 early 2007. I remember the interviews and shows clearly. He is doing the same thing again. If you have a problem with it, then you should bail out now, because Jones and his listeners, including people like me, will be here again, right on the front lines. We were not run off two years ago, we won't be run off this time around either. Deal with it.

Ron Paul has made some comments that running in 2012 is not out of the question, all other things being equal I suppose. Well, this is a RON PAUL forum. If you're somehow uncomfortable with the idea of supporting a 2012 run, they may I suggest you might be on the wrong board.

Ronald Reagan was beaten by Ford in the primaries leading up to the 1976 vote, only to come back with a vengeance in 1980. He was 69 when elected. Ron Paul would be 76. Ron Paul is amazingly fit for a man his age. Winning in 2012 is a not outside the realm of possibility. If I can put my extreme hatred and cynicism toward the "system" aside in order to go all out on another political campaign, so should everybody else. I'm nothing special, so WTF, lead, follow or get out of the way.

To compare to Reagan is wrong, the people Ron Paul trusts/appoints couldnt run a presidential campaign if they had $100 million, often times I didnt think they were ever interested in truly winning, plenty of funny stuff went on (Iowa) and they were just plain bad

I dont want that experience again.

We need a new campaign, new people etc not the same old hacks milking expenses and screwing up which is exactly what will happen.

itshappening
11-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh by the way ,you guys need to figure out Alex Jones

Alex is not interested in winning or promoting a winning candidate because if a candidate wins it doesn't do much for him!

Notice how he hardly ever talks about Rand Paul, who is running a viable race in Kentucky for US SENATOR? Notice how he ignores those money bombs but is pushing for Ron Paul to run a nationwide campaign for President 3 years out with a tiny chance of him actually winning not only the nomination but then the presidential election?

Why is this?? because he's not interested in winning. He's more interested in pushing Ron Paul for his own agenda to sell more DVDs (which feature him in) etc

Wineman77
11-02-2009, 10:14 PM

The problem is AJ is a truther. He could do more damage to the campaign than any incompetent staffer. What finally ended Van Jones' White House career?

polomertz
11-02-2009, 10:14 PM

Me too.

sofia
11-02-2009, 10:35 PM
The problem is AJ is a truther. He could do more damage to the campaign than any incompetent staffer. What finally ended Van Jones' White House career?

9-11 truth is only a liability for the establishment.....That's why van jones was dumped.

the nwo cant afford to have the truth get out.

if the truth ever came out, it's game over for them.

rather than running away from 911 truth, we ought to be embracing it. It's the Establishment's Achilles heel and we are doing them a favor by shying away from it.

Dionysus
11-02-2009, 10:36 PM
I like AJ for the stuff he does; he's self made, but he disgusts me in this instance. I just don't see how this helps Ron Paul, whereas it obviously benefits Alex Jones. That's selfish. I don't even think Alex Jones realizes it, since he appears blinded by his own self-aggrandizement. If you have someone as truly magnificent as Ron Paul for your leader and spokesman in a national, mainstream campaign, you don't want Alex Jones interjecting his controversial self into that delicate equation. You especially don't want him to claim that he "got" Ron Paul to run. Can you imagine what the corporate press will do with that?

Was this something Alex cooked up all on his own? If so, where does he get the chutzpah? Does anybody but Alex Jones think that Ron Paul needs Alex Jones to make this decision?

Here's Alex Jones auditioning to be Ron Paul's 2012 press agent:

YouTube - Van Down By The River (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsTTvKWPZGw&feature=related)

eOs
11-02-2009, 11:05 PM

Oh no, he seeks truth? You're right..that is very dangerous.

Peace&Freedom
11-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Notice how he hardly ever talks about Rand Paul, who is running a viable race in Kentucky for US SENATOR? Notice how he ignores those money bombs but is pushing for Ron Paul to run a nationwide campaign for President 3 years out with a tiny chance of him actually winning not only the nomination but then the presidential election?

It is far from clear whether Rand Paul's candidacy is viable. We went through this whole syndrome last year with Lawson, Sabrin,et al. Just because you have a good candidate who can raise a bit of money, doesn't mean he's more realistic, UNLESS 3-4 additional factors give him that status. At least he's running in a red-trending state (I think), but is he on track to raising $2 million, the bare minimum needed to win a US Senate race? Is Rand ahead in the polls, and if so will he stay there once the GOP leadership's anointed candidate is pushed? Is there a basic big voting bloc he can specifically count on?

Given those factors, it's reasonable for national talk show hosts like Jones to more focus on a national race that will energize and further develop the liberty movement in general, rather than split the focus by talking up local races that amount to likely tilting at windmills. Jones is pushing the main liberty agenda, not second tier campaign projects.

TheConstitutionLives
11-02-2009, 11:40 PM
9-11 truth is only a liability for the establishment.....That's why van jones was dumped.

if the truth ever came out, it's game over for them.

rather than running away from 911 truth, we ought to be embracing it. It's the Establishment's Achilles heel and we are doing them a favor by shying away from it.

(roll eyes)

There's too much the government is already guilty of (illegal wars, etc) that don't have to be proved like some 911 conspiracy. Its a waste of time to try to get anything done over it when we already have plenty of blatant criminality that doesn't need to be proved. All the energy used on 911 is better spent on things that are obvious.

TheConstitutionLives
11-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Oh no, he seeks truth? You're right..that is very dangerous.

- It is if you want a viable campaign. If you want to remain obscure and scoffed at then you should just nominate AJ and get behind THAT campaign.

TheConstitutionLives
11-02-2009, 11:51 PM
I like AJ for the stuff he does; he's self made, but he disgusts me in this instance. I just don't see how this helps Ron Paul, whereas it obviously benefits Alex Jones. That's selfish. I don't even think Alex Jones realizes it, since he appears blinded by his own self-aggrandizement. If you have someone as truly magnificent as Ron Paul for your leader and spokesman in a national, mainstream campaign, you don't want Alex Jones interjecting his controversial self into that delicate equation. You especially don't want him to claim that he "got" Ron Paul to run. Can you imagine what the corporate press will do with that?

Was this something Alex cooked up all on his own? If so, where does he get the chutzpah? Does anybody but Alex Jones think that Ron Paul needs Alex Jones to make this decision?

- Thank you. And if Ron does decide to run watch Jones take credit for it. The guy is just too much.

Peace&Freedom
11-03-2009, 12:16 AM
(roll eyes)

There's too much the government is already guilty of (illegal wars, etc) that don't have to be proved like some 911 conspiracy. Its a waste of time to try to get anything done over it when we already have plenty of blatant criminality that doesn't need to be proved. All the energy used on 911 is better spent on things that are obvious.

(rolls eyes at the rolling eyes)

The illegal wars, and torture, and omni-surveillance state, etc. are not proven, so long as the false flag basis for them ('those towelheads attacked us first') is not exposed. All the energy used to the suppress the 911 issue is better spent on further promoting it, to deflate the false credibility it gives to the other 'obvious' things that have expanded the state. Otherwise, we will waste a lot of effort on the other issues and not change one pro-war or pro-Gitmo mind, because we avoided striking at the root of their mindset. In fact, we already tried avoiding the issue in the last Paul candidacy, and it got us nowhere.

BTW, do you give Jones positive credit for anything at all, and do you think taking potshots at him at every opportunity is the most productive way to discuss advancing or unifying this movement?

Peace&Freedom
11-03-2009, 12:17 AM
"The problem is AJ is a truther." --Wardog

No, YOUR problem is AJ is a truther. Speak for yourself, the rest of us are fine with it.

libertarian4321
11-03-2009, 01:31 AM

I know that people who listen to Alex Jones every day think most Americans will fall right in line with the truthers if they "just got educated" (presumably by listening to Alex Jones).

They are so deep into the "truth" movement that they can't see that most Americans see AJ and the truthers as either 1) bat shit crazy or 2) anti-American traitors.

When AJ isn't talking about 9-11 truth, he's probably ranting about some other conspiracy theory (NWO/Bilderbergers/chemtrails/CFR/etc)- and that stuff looks just as crazy to most Americans.

I personally don't care if you are a truther conspiracy theorist or not, but I'm telling you that being too closely associated with truthers and conspiracy theorists is a major liability to any candidate trying to win a national election. It just gives the opposition a free pass to dismiss the candidate as a crank and call his supporters "tin foil hatters."

I know AJ gets people riled up, and that can be good because it gets them to show up to wave signs, handout literature, donate money, etc. During the campaign, the truthers were among the most zealous volunteer workers.

But we don't want to be seen as being too close to someone like AJ if we want to be taken seriously.

During the campaign, most of the truthers I knew had the good sense to work hard for Dr. Paul without ranting about 9-11 truth, and that worked well.

Anyway, if Dr. Paul decides to run again, I'm behind him, but it has to be his campaign, not Alex Jonese's.

itshappening
11-03-2009, 08:17 AM
- Thank you. And if Ron does decide to run watch Jones take credit for it. The guy is just too much.

EXACTLY! This is all about Alex Jones. That's why I dislike all this.

pacelli
11-03-2009, 09:19 AM
If Ron decided to run for the '12 race, would the level of grassroots activism for the campaign be equivalent, greater, or less than the activism demonstrated in the '08 campaign?

BillyDkid
11-03-2009, 10:01 AM

Run Ron run, I've got yer' back, 100 percent.Could not agree more. This board started in support of Ron Paul's candidacy. I have read a couple of times "Jeeze, I hope Ron Paul doesn't run for President." What the hell is that about? Of course he should run and of course we should support him.

Peace&Freedom
11-03-2009, 10:07 AM
I personally don't care if you are a truther conspiracy theorist or not, but I'm telling you that being too closely associated with truthers and conspiracy theorists is a major liability to any candidate trying to win a national election. It just gives the opposition a free pass to dismiss the candidate as a crank and call his supporters "tin foil hatters."

Which is the same technique they've used to marginalize anybody who talked about the Federal Reserve for decades. Paul talked about the NWO, NAU, false flags and other conspiracies in his speeches and campaign. Why are you selectively fixated on 911 and Jones, when any constitutionalist position will get us designated tin hatters? That concern is a prescription for re-muzzling us on all fronts. Come again, exactly how many primaries did Paul win by distancing himself from 911? We tried it your way, it did not work, the opposition marginalized him anyway---so you don't get to blithely exclude the issue next time.

During the campaign, most of the truthers I knew had the good sense to work hard for Dr. Paul without ranting about 9-11 truth, and that worked well.

Anyway, if Dr. Paul decides to run again, I'm behind him, but it has to be his campaign, not Alex Jonese's.

The truthers never were ranting, it was the non-truthers who were always ranting to exclude them, that was the constant problem. It needs to be the liberty movement's campaign, not held hostage to any particular candidate. All issues of concern to it should play a part in it. Stop wasting time trying to exclude Jones, he's a key part of our effort whether you like it or not.

LibertyEagle
11-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Folks, please be civil to each other, or I am locking this thread.

Anti Federalist
11-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Could not agree more. This board started in support of Ron Paul's candidacy. I have read a couple of times "Jeeze, I hope Ron Paul doesn't run for President." What the hell is that about? Of course he should run and of course we should support him.

Exactly.

It's no more complicated than that.

RevolutionSD
11-03-2009, 10:41 AM
"He's catchin on I'm tellin ya."

Whoever came up with that spot should have been beaten with a bamboo rod. With all the flaws of McCain, the door was wide open for an aggressive attack campaign to capture libertarian/conservative New Hampshire.

Instead, the bearded midget was our New Hampshire mascot.

Pathetic campaign from start to finish, mismanaged by overpaid, non creative, corporate Dilbert types. Talented people on this very forum could have created a kick ass campaign for free.

Correct, the campaign was pathetic, but McCain was chosen by the elites/media as soon as it was obvious Rudy wasn't a viable candidate.

No possible way a libertarian can win, party because the elections are all rigged, and partly because people will overwhelmingly vote for whoever is going to get them something. We need to give up on the system instead of foolishly hoping that the "good guys" can somehow get into office and right the ship.

Anti Federalist
11-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Correct, the campaign was pathetic, but McCain was chosen by the elites/media as soon as it was obvious Rudy wasn't a viable candidate.

No possible way a libertarian can win, party because the elections are all rigged, and partly because people will overwhelmingly vote for whoever is going to get them something. We need to give up on the system instead of foolishly hoping that the "good guys" can somehow get into office and right the ship.

I couldn't agree more.

But yet I'm all for a full blown, all or nothing campaign in 2012.

Why?

Because only by exposing the system as hopelessly corrupt will anything get done, will any real change be made.

That's the education I'm looking to pass out.