PDA

View Full Version : Results of my interview with Mel Watt's opponent Paul Johnson

torchbearer
11-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Paul Johnson
321 Hedrick Heritage Dr.
Lexington, NC 27295
(336)833-2212
http://nc12thdistrict.com/
pauljohnson(at)nc12thdistrict.com

(these are the questions- the answers are not quotes but my notes on what he was telling me)
Background-

have you been in politics before?no.- he was in the marines prior.

why did you decide to run?
big government spending

What books in politics have interested you?
gleen beck, common sense

how familiar are you with the text of the us constitution?
he read it in sept.

How familiar are you with the letters of the founding fathers?
not familiar besides what he learned in high school.

Economics-

Do you support bank bailouts?
no.

Do you support government protected monopolies?
no.

Would you support auditing the federal reserve?
yes.

Would you support abolishing the federal reserve act?
yes.

How do you feel about cash for clunkers?
waste of money

What parts of the economy should be regulated?
accounting standards.
vague answers about there needs to be "some" regulation
but for the most part, the market should be free.

(my impression is that he doesn't have a firm position on this answer)

Property Rights-

Do you support imminent domain?
yes for roads (tradition use)
no for private use. (like the city taking your home for private development)

Do you support limits on executive compensation?
yes- until they pay back the bailouts

Do you support "network neutrality"?
no.

Sovereignty-

Do you support Posse Commitatus act?
yes

do you support real ID?
no.

Do you support the 4th amendment right to be secure in your person places or things?
yes.

To what degree do you support states rights?
(his answer seemed vague, but more on the friendly side towards states rights- i don't think he has really thought about it)

what is your understanding of the checks and balances of the federal and state governments?
he understood the checks and balances of the constitution, but didn't have knowledge of the balance between state government and federal government.
i gave him the example of Mass. nullifying the fugitive slave law, he said he would support states doing something like that)

do you support habeas corpus?
yes.

do you support the patriot act?
no.

How do you feel the drug war has played out and in which direction would you take it?
higher border security.
keep the laws the same.

In what cases should gambling be legal and in what cases should it be illegal or licensed?
no problem with gambling as is-
up to the states.

Foreign Policy-

What is the proper role of our federal armies?
defend the U.S
help our allies.
use our military for humanitarian aid.

Would you support pulling out from military bases where no clear threat to US interests and lives remains, including Italy and Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean?
keeping them. though he did admit there may be some bases that could come home. He mentioned Guam as an example.

Do you believe that only congress can declare war?
yes.

What do you believe is the main cause of terrorism against america?
he mentioned our involvement in afghan during the soviet era.
so he may catch on that its our intervention overseas that causes blowback.

Overall, I think the guys heart is in the right place. He isn't a political wonk like most of us and some questions he may not have really thought out.

If we support a candidate in opposition to Mel Watt, I think this guy would be an honest average joe in congress.

Watt only has $140,000 on hand.

kathy88
11-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a crash course or two and he'd be decent. Was he receptive to you? Did he know why you were speaking with him?

hillertexas
11-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Overall, I think the guys heart is in the right place. He isn't a political wonk like most of us and some questions he may not have really thought out.

If we support a candidate in opposition to Mel Watt, I think this guy would be an honest average joe in congress.

Watt only has $140,000 on hand.

i agree. He just needs a little education. Hell, maybe we can get Ron Paul to give him a call.

torchbearer
11-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Sounds like a crash course or two and he'd be decent. Was he receptive to you? Did he know why you were speaking with him?

yes, i contacted him the other day after the discussion on Watt's betrayal with 1207. people wanted to know if Johnson was worth doing a moneybomb for- so i sent him an email to set up a time to see if he was-
this was that email-

Dear Sir,

I'm contacting you on behalf of Liberty Movement- in particular- the guys from http://www.libertyforest.com
We recieved word tonight that Mr. Watts has gutted Ron Paul's bill HR1207 that would allow for the first ever independent audit of the federal reserve.
This move has angered many americans, and the word is just getting out.

We have discussed options of possibly funding your race in the same magnitude that we have with Dr. Rand Paul and Peter Schiff- both of whom have raised over a million dollars each from our grassroots movement.

Our hesitation with supporting anyone is knowing their dedication to the U.S. Constitution and to the advice of our founders.
We have some upcoming fundraising events, and we may decide to include you in those moneybombs.

If possible, i'd like to talk to you over the phone to see if you are indeed someone who is worthy of our support.
It would be our greatest desire to remove Watts from office, and at the very least- expose him for what he has done.

You can reach my at my personal cell- xxx-xxx-xxxx (call anytime)
or you can send me contact info and a good time to call.

I look forward to hearing from you.

TCE
11-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Defeating Watt in one of the most gerrymandered districts in Congress? He'll need to outspend Watt like mad.

phill4paul
11-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the info torch. Was it just a question and answer session or did you try to feel him out as to whether he may be open to liberty ideas?

torchbearer
11-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the info torch. Was it just a question and answer session or did you try to feel him out as to whether he may be open to liberty ideas?

a mix.
i asked the questions, then after he answered them.. i did small follow-up questions- or more so- it was information for him to think about.
each time i gave him info- he seemed to be less certain of some of his positions. (especially with the cause of terrorism question)

I didn't include minutes of our speaking- just a summary.

Each time i plugged him with info- he seemed very open to the suggestions.

lx43
11-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Basically he sounds like a neocon with his answer on bases overseas.

I don't like answer some. I want all american forces based on foreign soil returned home.

torchbearer
11-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Basically he sounds like a neocon with his answer on bases overseas.

I don't like answer some. I want all american forces based on foreign soil returned home.

I did point out that he complained about big government spending in the beginning of the interview, and that one of the biggest expenditures of the government is maintaining all these bases overseas.
That is when he started to say that there could be bases brought back- but only if they were redundant in the deployment scheme.

lx43
11-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Well wouldn't all the bases in Europe be considered redundant?

phill4paul
11-02-2009, 07:02 PM
a mix.
i asked the questions, then after he answered them.. i did small follow-up questions- or more so- it was information for him to think about.
each time i gave him info- he seemed to be less certain of some of his positions. (especially with the cause of terrorism question)

I didn't include minutes of our speaking- just a summary.

Each time i plugged him with info- he seemed very open to the suggestions.

Interesting. Maybe a follow-up. It'd be interesting to see GunnyFreedom have a question and answer session w/ him.

I'm open to support if we can get him to open his ideology a bit.

That would be a hell of a district to win in though.

Revolution_Ready
11-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Guys look at the district, anything other than a democrat is going to lose no matter the dough.

bunklocoempire
11-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Interesting. Maybe a follow-up. It'd be interesting to see GunnyFreedom have a question and answer session w/ him.

I'm open to support if we can get him to open his ideology a bit.

That would be a hell of a district to win in though.

+1.

Thanks for the info torchbearer.

Bunkloco

torchbearer
11-02-2009, 07:12 PM
He seemed very friendly, and did take the time to answer my questions.
almost an hour and half.

his email and number are listed- i don't think he'd have a problem answering your questions directly.

phill4paul
11-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Guys look at the district, anything other than a democrat is going to lose no matter the dough.

For me it is not about winning. It is about exposing. There may not be a win there, however, there can be news garnered elsewhere and perhaps a understanding and an outcry against a gerrymandered district. I'm from Carolina, and until this came up I had no idea. Perhaps, the only outcome might be a re-drawn district.

I don't know I'm on the fence as to what could happen. That is why I'd like to know a little more.

torchbearer
11-02-2009, 07:20 PM
For me it is not about winning. It is about exposing. There may not be a win there, however, there can be news garnered elsewhere and perhaps a understanding and an outcry against a gerrymandered district. I'm from Carolina, and until this came up I had no idea. Perhaps, the only outcome might be a re-drawn district.

I don't know I'm on the fence as to what could happen. That is why I'd like to know a little more.

we can expose Watt as being on the banker's payroll and show how he got in with a gerymandered district. the media attention would be two fold.
plus, I think we could garner the support of the local gop chapters. our guys there locally leading the charge.

Imperial
11-02-2009, 07:24 PM
This actually makes me think we should make a set of standard questions to ask any candidate. Once a week (if RPF ever gets a homepage) we could post the interview up that someone did with a prospect candidate or established liberty candidate.

To change it up, there would of course be some extra questions thrown in too pertinent to the specific race.

phill4paul
11-02-2009, 07:39 PM
we can expose Watt as being on the banker's payroll and show how he got in with a gerymandered district. the media attention would be two fold.
plus, I think we could garner the support of the local gop chapters. our guys there locally leading the charge.

That to me is worth it. It is not about winning it is about exposing. And I don't know if you are too familiar in N.C. politics, but there is a huge uproar now over the Dems in this state. Goggle "Governor Easley". Goggle "House Speaker Jim Black."
The Charlotte News enterprise, though a liberal leaning paper when it comes to Obama, has been hammering Easley.
This might be something for them to bite on.

danny987
11-02-2009, 07:45 PM
judging by his position on the fed he is definitely not your average corrupt politician. Though neo-conish he is at least a honest person.

Johnson is to George Bush as Kucinich is to Barack Obama.

kathy88
11-02-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm really glad you did that. We were all wondering what his deal is, and now we have a much better idea. Love to keep the communication open and help out if warranted.

TheState
11-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Great info, thanks!

torchbearer
11-03-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm really glad you did that. We were all wondering what his deal is, and now we have a much better idea. Love to keep the communication open and help out if warranted.

we need to get him a moneybomb, or into one already planned.
spread the message that to get back at Watt, we can get this guy some force behind him.

dr. hfn
11-03-2009, 01:18 AM
we need to send this guy a few books and links and educate him a bit, but he seems like he has potential!

LittleLightShining
11-03-2009, 06:23 AM
we need to get him a moneybomb, or into one already planned.
spread the message that to get back at Watt, we can get this guy some force behind him.

There's not enough money to send him that could make Watt shake. He works for the banks. Seriously, this idea feels all warm and snuggly but in the long run this dude is not going to beat Watt. In the long run the election is far enough away that it won't have a bearing on 1207. Thanks for taking the time to talk to this guy and he may or may not be a viable candidate in the future but if "our" support of 1207 can only translate into dangling money in front of people we're pretty much screwed.

we need to send this guy a few books and links and educate him a bit, but he seems like he has potential!
THIS. And educating the electorate, too. It doesn't matter how much this guy knows if no one votes for him. People are here crying about how gerrymandered the district is while they could be talking more about getting people on the ground and into the communities. Is there and active LP or CP? What about the GOP? What about working with groups like Hip Hop Republican? Do a leaflet/dvd campaign.

I hate the overwhelming feeling that because the district is gerrymandered the PEOPLE who live there aren't capable of recognizing truth.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 10:12 AM

Every 10 years like clockwork, the Democrat controlled State Assembly redraws the districts with an even stronger gerrymander than before, and every 10 years like clockwork, the USSC strikes down most of the changes as illegal -- except for CD12 which they seem to not only allow the gerrymander, but to encourage it -- specifically because it favors black democrats, per their own words.

There is one, and only ONE way to redraw this district, and that is to give the NCGOP control over NC General Assembly. NC Republicans have been on the short end of the stick here for over 100 years, but the tide is turning. The only question is will it turn quickly enough to give us the controlling vote on redistricting.

The NCGA delegation that will be elected in 2010 (see my signature) will be the delegation that handles redistricting. I can't promise you that if we get a majority GOP delegation this year that the redistricting will be perfectly fair, but my sense is that after 100 years of being crapped on by the Dems, the GOP'ers I speak to seem to be determined to (if elected) demonstrate fair play in the hopes of winning the hearts of the electorate.

Bear in mind that it tends to be NC GOP'ers who support the electoral freedom act that was shut down by Dems (ballot access for Libertarian Party and constitution Party) It was the NCGOP who first opened up their primary elections and the Dems later followed suit. It was the GOP who supported the shift to nonpartisan elections in Kinston, NC that got struck down by the Obama DOJ.

I know it is a lot different in other States, I KNOW it is, but in NC the GOP really is the third party, while the Dem-Liberals and the Dem-Bluedogs are the first two parties. Therefore the NCGOP takes on a different composition here than in most places.

We are gerrymandered all to hell out here, and just about the only hope we have for this state is to win the State Assembly and proceed with FAIR redistricting.

The NCGA elected in 2010 is in charge of that redistricting. I cannot possibly stress to you enough how important that is.

And it's true, the way CD12 is drawn, it is all but impossible to take the district from Mel Watt. This was done intentionally with the blessing of the USSC. Watt could campaign with $50 and any opponent on earth could have $50 Million and it wouldn't change a thing. As it stands, CD12 is something like 49% black, and 80% Democrat. It sickens me to my soul to say this, but it is true: a lot of black voters will vote for a black man just because he's black. Especially Democrats.

We can change the status quo but there is only one way to do that. We have to win the State Assembly and then we can redistrict it by county and community, the way it is supposed to be.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 10:23 AM
There's not enough money to send him that could make Watt shake. He works for the banks. Seriously, this idea feels all warm and snuggly but in the long run this dude is not going to beat Watt. In the long run the election is far enough away that it won't have a bearing on 1207. Thanks for taking the time to talk to this guy and he may or may not be a viable candidate in the future but if "our" support of 1207 can only translate into dangling money in front of people we're pretty much screwed.

THIS. And educating the electorate, too. It doesn't matter how much this guy knows if no one votes for him. People are here crying about how gerrymandered the district is while they could be talking more about getting people on the ground and into the communities. Is there and active LP or CP? What about the GOP? What about working with groups like Hip Hop Republican? Do a leaflet/dvd campaign.

I hate the overwhelming feeling that because the district is gerrymandered the PEOPLE who live there aren't capable of recognizing truth.

We had something called "The Electoral Freedom Act" that would have eased the neigh-on impossible restrictions to getting on the ballot in NC. The Dems killed it. The LP is only on the ballot this year because NC went nuts for Bob Barr in 2008, by way more than the margin between Obama and McCain, and the only way to bypass the insane ballot restrictions is to get more than 4% on the top of the ticket in the prior general election. After 2010, the LP will be struck back off the ballot, and will require something like 20,000 signatures distributed over 75 counties, crap tons of money and all kinds of other nonsense to get on the ballot.

There is a CP in NC but it was unable to get on the ballot at all in 2008 due to the restrictions.

LittleLightShining
11-03-2009, 10:32 AM
We had something called "The Electoral Freedom Act" that would have eased the neigh-on impossible restrictions to getting on the ballot in NC. The Dems killed it. The LP is only on the ballot this year because NC went nuts for Bob Barr in 2008, by way more than the margin between Obama and McCain, and the only way to bypass the insane ballot restrictions is to get more than 4% on the top of the ticket in the prior general election. After 2010, the LP will be struck back off the ballot, and will require something like 20,000 signatures distributed over 75 counties, crap tons of money and all kinds of other nonsense to get on the ballot.

There is a CP in NC but it was unable to get on the ballot at all in 2008 due to the restrictions.I don't necessarily mean LP or CP candidates. I'm talking about these folks as organized groups to help get the message out.

BTW, Gunny, you seem to be one of the only people here who realize the magnitude of getting more good people into position in state legislatures. We can fight til we're blue in the face on the national level but the real power and change has to come from the states. Thank you for your focus.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 10:44 AM
I am here, and I know the score. I want this creep gone as bad....no probably WORSE than you do, Torch. I have been telling people how we can do this since the moment it broke. Nothing, and I mean nothing will dislodge this cretin in 2010. The only way to boot him out on his tail will be to ungerrymander his district. We do THAT by gaining control over the NC State General Assembly, who will be redrawing the districts following the 2010 elections.

We need to turn 6 Dem NC Senate Seats into Republicans, and 9 Dem NC House Seats into Republicans.

IF YOU ARE REALLY THAT INTERESTED IN OUSTING MEL WATT then pick the 6 most likely Senate races to go from blue to red, and the 9 most likely House races to go from blue to red, AND HELP THEM. If we do not control redistricting, then Watt will be in that seat until he dies or retires. I'm not trying to discourage you, that's just the reality of that district. If we are going to put a million dollars together to oust Watt, then that money needs to go to those NCGA candidates who can turn their seats from blue to red, and thus make Watt vulnerable come 2012.

I promise you that's the only way. I don't like it any more than you do, but this is the reality of the situation. I want Johnson to win too. We will do more good for Johnson by taking the NCGA in 2010, and thereby actually giving Johnson a real, fighting chance against Watt in 2012.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't necessarily mean LP or CP candidates. I'm talking about these folks as organized groups to help get the message out.

BTW, Gunny, you seem to be one of the only people here who realize the magnitude of getting more good people into position in state legislatures. We can fight til we're blue in the face on the national level but the real power and change has to come from the states. Thank you for your focus.

Yeah, I'm already working with CPNC and other groups. Not so much LPNC yet, but I am sure that will happen.

Honestly, the movement to restore the Constitutional Order has to come from the states up. It was designed that way by our founders. And I don't know if other states work the same way, but here in NC every 10 years following the census, our General Assembly redraws all the districts. As long as the NCGA is controlled by Dems, the gerrymander will continue to get worse every decade. Even with the Obamaton Madness here in 2008, we are closer than we have ever been before to holding the NCGA in time for redistricting.

If the GOP controls the NCGA for redistricting, it will be a REAL GAME-CHANGER for the State of North Carolina. It will literally change EVERYTHING, and have lasting effective implications for the next 50 years.

Getting NC redistricted fairly will change the composition of our congressional delegation, and our NCGA. We are an overwhelmingly conservative state with an overwhelmingly liberal government -- all on account of gerrymandering. Gerrymandering has been taken to a new artform here, such that hard-core conservatives leave the GOP and become Dem or Independent, just because the GOP is so heavily shut out.

2010 we have our best shot in 100 years to reverse this. I am not joking when I say that EVERYTHING in NC hangs on winning majorities in the NCGA in 2010.

Anti Federalist
11-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Every 10 years like clockwork, the Democrat controlled State Assembly redraws the districts with an even stronger gerrymander than before, and every 10 years like clockwork, the USSC strikes down most of the changes as illegal -- except for CD12 which they seem to not only allow the gerrymander, but to encourage it -- specifically because it favors black democrats, per their own words.

There is one, and only ONE way to redraw this district, and that is to give the NCGOP control over NC General Assembly. NC Republicans have been on the short end of the stick here for over 100 years, but the tide is turning. The only question is will it turn quickly enough to give us the controlling vote on redistricting.

The NCGA delegation that will be elected in 2010 (see my signature) will be the delegation that handles redistricting. I can't promise you that if we get a majority GOP delegation this year that the redistricting will be perfectly fair, but my sense is that after 100 years of being crapped on by the Dems, the GOP'ers I speak to seem to be determined to (if elected) demonstrate fair play in the hopes of winning the hearts of the electorate.

Bear in mind that it tends to be NC GOP'ers who support the electoral freedom act that was shut down by Dems (ballot access for Libertarian Party and constitution Party) It was the NCGOP who first opened up their primary elections and the Dems later followed suit. It was the GOP who supported the shift to nonpartisan elections in Kinston, NC that got struck down by the Obama DOJ.

I know it is a lot different in other States, I KNOW it is, but in NC the GOP really is the third party, while the Dem-Liberals and the Dem-Bluedogs are the first two parties. Therefore the NCGOP takes on a different composition here than in most places.

We are gerrymandered all to hell out here, and just about the only hope we have for this state is to win the State Assembly and proceed with FAIR redistricting.

The NCGA elected in 2010 is in charge of that redistricting. I cannot possibly stress to you enough how important that is.

And it's true, the way CD12 is drawn, it is all but impossible to take the district from Mel Watt. This was done intentionally with the blessing of the USSC. Watt could campaign with $50 and any opponent on earth could have $50 Million and it wouldn't change a thing. As it stands, CD12 is something like 49% black, and 80% Democrat. It sickens me to my soul to say this, but it is true: a lot of black voters will vote for a black man just because he's black. Especially Democrats.

We can change the status quo but there is only one way to do that. We have to win the State Assembly and then we can redistrict it by county and community, the way it is supposed to be.

Gah, I really, really, really, loathe politics.

What a freakin' corrupt cesspool of a mess.

It's like punching out the Tar Baby, no pun intended.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't necessarily mean LP or CP candidates. I'm talking about these folks as organized groups to help get the message out.

I've been talking about focusing on State and Local elections since I've been here....no one listened.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 11:12 AM
I've been talking about focusing on State and Local elections since I've been here....no one listened.

US Congressional and Senate elections are more glamorous, and have a higher salary.

Nevermind that State Assemblies can actually DO MORE to restore the Constitutional Order. Nevermind that it costs less than half as much PER VOTER to run a winning State Assembly campaign -- that means that even though there are more races, even all of them put together (within a congressional district) cost about half as much as that district's race for US Congress.

So yeah, it costs less, and you get more results. Problem of course is that the races are WAY less glamorous, you have to talk about donations in the 'thousands' instead of millions (which sounds WAY cooler), and candidates who win only get 1/10 the salary...so yeah, humans being what they are will focus on the Federal races anyway. :)

I knew up front that I would get more support running for US Congress. But I also knew up front that I would do more good for our nation and our citizens running for NC Congress. So for me at least, the choice was clear. :cool:

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-03-2009, 11:17 AM
US Congressional and Senate elections are more glamorous, and have a higher salary.

Nevermind that State Assemblies can actually DO MORE to restore the Constitutional Order. Nevermind that it costs less than half as much PER VOTER to run a winning State Assembly campaign -- that means that even though there are more races, even all of them put together (within a congressional district) cost about half as much as that district's race for US Congress.

So yeah, it costs less, and you get more results. Problem of course is that the races are WAY less glamorous, you have to talk about donations in the 'thousands' instead of millions (which sounds WAY cooler), and candidates who win only get 1/10 the salary...so yeah, humans being what they are will focus on the Federal races anyway. :)

I knew up front that I would get more support running for US Congress. But I also knew up front that I would do more good for our nation and our citizens running for NC Congress. So for me at least, the choice was clear. :cool:

Amen. Hopefully this movement will realize this at some point. We should be rallying enormously behind Debra Medina, more so than Rand or Schiff. She is the most important player in 2010, by far. If she had a one day bomb of 2mil+ that would raise SERIOUS media attention. She can do more with the 10th than the totality of candidates running for congress.

Flash
11-03-2009, 12:09 PM
We need to turn 6 Dem NC Senate Seats into Republicans, and 9 Dem NC House Seats into Republicans.

IF YOU ARE REALLY THAT INTERESTED IN OUSTING MEL WATT then pick the 6 most likely Senate races to go from blue to red, and the 9 most likely House races to go from blue to red, AND HELP THEM.

I wouldn't mind donating to these Republican candidates. But how would I go about looking them up? Has there been any polling done in NC that shows which Dems are most vulnerable?

We should be rallying enormously behind Debra Medina, more so than Rand or Schiff. She is the most important player in 2010, by far. If she had a one day bomb of 2mil+ that would raise SERIOUS media attention. She can do more with the 10th than the totality of candidates running for congress.

I agree with what you're saying but I don't think Medina is the right person to rally behind. We need someone that connects with the voters in their state.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't mind donating to these Republican candidates. But how would I go about looking them up? Has there been any polling done in NC that shows which Dems are most vulnerable?

I agree with what you're saying but I don't think Medina is the right person to rally behind. We need someone that connects with the voters in their state.

What? Debra has been gaining a lot of momentum and strength with the limited resources she currently has. If anything the State of Texas is the most independant minded State in the country. They have the largest 10th movement, and secessionist movement. Rick Perry gave lip service to it and jumped in the polls for it, even though he hates the 10th and is a NWO/GATT/NAFTA shill. Texas also doesn't really like either KBH or Rick Perry. She is a Ron Paulian and he even went almost as far as to endorse her. She was the head of the CFL in his district. She is our candidate!

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM

Leushke would know, lemme ask him and I'll get back to you on this.

Flash
11-03-2009, 12:33 PM
What? Debra has been gaining a lot of momentum and strength with the limited resources she currently has.

Hmm it seems you're right,
Libertarian-running-as-a-Republican Debra Medina has a healthy 7 percent.
Source: http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/11/perry-leads-kbh-in-new-poll.html

Thats pretty impressive for someone like her going up against KBH & Perry.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Hmm it seems you're right,
Libertarian-running-as-a-Republican Debra Medina has a healthy 7 percent.
Source: http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/11/perry-leads-kbh-in-new-poll.html

Thats pretty impressive for someone like her going up against KBH & Perry.

She can win. We need to seriously rally around her. Maybe a bomb around the beginning of January? If she can raise 1mil + in that bomb it would be huge. It would povolt her up tremendously. Secondly, she is the best candidate for advancing liberty precisely because of the power that comes with the position of a State Governor, especially such as the State of Texas!

We need to start this now. We need to get into contact with her campaign staff. We need to promote her. We need to do this now!

She's an advocate of Nullification, Interposition, and the abolishment of ALL Property Taxation.

torchbearer
11-03-2009, 02:41 PM
I not saying we can win the election, i'm saying we can cause watt pain.
you could run ads in his district illustrating his connection to the bankers- but what good will it do unless people know who else they could vote for-
that is why I see using a candidate as more beneficial than just an educational campaign in this particular area.

LittleLightShining
11-03-2009, 02:52 PM
you could run ads in his district illustrating his connection to the bankers- but what good will it do unless people know who else they could vote for-
that is why I see using a candidate as more beneficial than just an educational campaign in this particular area.well, I'm going to disagree with you. I've been thinking about this an awful lot today and Gunny is right. Any money that could go toward this race would be much better spent funding candidates for NC state legislature. The districts need to be redrawn. I'm sticking by my point that no matter how much money "we" can send Johnson, it won't be enough to cause Watt any pain whatsoever. He'll just have to get more from his banking buddies. And they are not about to let him go underfunded seeing as he is a ranking member in the committee and chair of the monetary policy subcommittee. He will laugh at the little people who think they can hurt him.

This isn't personal. It's how I see it. And I'm not the only one.

torchbearer
11-03-2009, 02:57 PM
well, I'm going to disagree with you. I've been thinking about this an awful lot today and Gunny is right. Any money that could go toward this race would be much better spent funding candidates for NC state legislature. The districts need to be redrawn. I'm sticking by my point that no matter how much money "we" can send Johnson, it won't be enough to cause Watt any pain whatsoever. He'll just have to get more from his banking buddies. And they are not about to let him go underfunded seeing as he is a ranking member in the committee and chair of the monetary policy subcommittee. He will laugh at the little people who think they can hurt him.

This isn't personal. It's how I see it. And I'm not the only one.

Then I don't want to hear any of you bitching about Watt.
He is here to stay- without a fight.
Enjoy it.

LittleLightShining
11-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Then I don't want to hear any of you bitching about Watt.
He is here to stay- without a fight.
Enjoy it.
:rolleyes:

Reread Gunny's posts and see if you can get the reality of the situation through your head.

torchbearer
11-03-2009, 03:04 PM
:rolleyes:

Reread Gunny's posts and see if you can get the reality of the situation through your head.

Answer this question- Why would someone running for a state-level race advocate donating to a state level race?

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Answer this question- Why would someone running for a state-level race advocate donating to a state level race?

Did you even read his post? The district is gerrymandered. It is 50% black and 80% Democrat. There is no way we are going to cause him pain, especially when he can get a million dollars no problem from the bankers. That money is better spent getting NCGOP elected to the GA so they can ungerrymander the district and in the next race in 2012 we can work to get him ousted.

Think of it in the free market terms. Putting money in that race is a misallocation of resources. Those resources are better used getting GOP in NC elected to Gen. Assembly so they can give us a shot in 2012.

This is the best course of action. Besides, States have more power than the Federal Government....

LittleLightShining
11-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Ohhhh.... I see where you're going. Are you implying that Gunny is only talking about this because he wants donations for his campaign?

torchbearer
11-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Ohhhh.... I see where you're going. Are you implying that Gunny is only talking about this because he wants donations for his campaign?

It is his natural bias. Inherit in his decision to run for state house.
He obviously thinks that is the best route- so every dollar spent in NC that doesn't go to his race would be a waste. He has to see it that way or he isn't serious about winning his race.
This whole forum is full of candidates seeking dollars for their race. None of them really want more candidates to pull away from the few dollars they may get.

Any candidate who speaks on this subject is biased toward their campaign if they are serious about winning.

torchbearer
11-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Did you even read his post? The district is gerrymandered. It is 50% black and 80% Democrat. There is no way we are going to cause him pain, especially when he can get a million dollars no problem from the bankers. That money is better spent getting NCGOP elected to the GA so they can ungerrymander the district and in the next race in 2012 we can work to get him ousted.

Think of it in the free market terms. Putting money in that race is a misallocation of resources. Those resources are better used getting GOP in NC elected to Gen. Assembly so they can give us a shot in 2012.

This is the best course of action. Besides, States have more power than the Federal Government....

I knew every single variable about this race prior to even speaking to Johnson.
These conversations were already discussed.
We have the ability to strike back at someone who is directly protecting the bankers.
If you don't think that will resonate with Black people- you may have some racial issues you need to think about.
We are all getting screwed. Watt is the face of the bankers. I don't care if his district is a thin-line of spaghetti and its 100% black and 100% democrat. The guy can be taken down.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-03-2009, 03:22 PM
I knew every single variable about this race prior to even speaking to Johnson.
These conversation were already discussed.
We have the ability to strike back at someone who is directly protecting the bankers.
If you don't think that will resonate with Black people- you may have some racial issues you need to think about.
We are all getting screwed. Watt is the face of the bankers. I don't care if his district is a thin-line of spaghetti and its 100% black and 100% democrat. The guy can be taken down.

No racial issues. Blacks overwhelmingly vote for any Democrat. Go look over say, the past 100 races of a Black Democratic candidate. That's your choice, I'm just letting people know that I think it's a waste. If you're going to donate, donate to Republicans who have a shot at taking a seat and who support fair re-districting. Personally, all my money is going to Debra Medina.

LittleLightShining
11-03-2009, 03:23 PM
It his natural bias. Inherit in his decision to run for state house.
He obviously thinks that is the best route- so every dollar spent in NC that doesn't go his race would be a waste. He has to see it that way or he isn't serious about winning his race.
This whole forum full of candidates seeking dollars for their race. None of them really want more candidates to pull away from the few dollars they may get.

Any candidate who speaks on this subject is biased toward their campaign if they are serious about winning.

You're still missing the point. But if you want to focus on side issues that's fine.

Why would some guy in Louisiana know more about the reality of politics in North Carolina than one of our own who has made up his mind to run for a seat in his state?

You are advocating for a huge waste of money that will have no effect on Watt whatsoever but to make him even more secure in his seat.

I applaud the initiative you took in trying to reach out to Johnson. We should be doing more of this. But dangling money in front of candidates running against our political enemies simply because they are our political enemies is a very flawed tactic. We can take this idea and start reaching out to other candidates to educate them on our issues.

torchbearer
11-03-2009, 03:29 PM
You're still missing the point. But if you want to focus on side issues that's fine.

Why would some guy in Louisiana know more about the reality of politics in North Carolina than one of our own who has made up his mind to run for a seat in his state?

You are advocating for a huge waste of money that will have no effect on Watt whatsoever but to make him even more secure in his seat.

I applaud the initiative you took in trying to reach out to Johnson. We should be doing more of this. But dangling money in front of candidates running against our political enemies simply because they are our political enemies is a very flawed tactic. We can take this idea and start reaching out to other candidates to educate them on our issues.

I talked with the guy running in the race.
I read the information available at the FEC.
I read the information abailable at the SOS site.
That is how I know as much about this race as Gunny.
Gunny is my boy. We hung out in minnesota. He is a great guy. Donate max to him.

But you will never get this opportunity again.
So enjoy the results of your choices.

We don't have to support Johnson. I don't know this guy beyond a phone call, but we must hit Watt and hit him in 2010 in a very direct way.
All other people in here are trying to funnel money to their candidate of choice- that is why they object.
So- you get what you earn in this case.

Watt in congress for the next 40 years to destroy every federal reserve bill that will ever try to make its way out of subcommittee. And the other congressmen will learn their are no consequences for voting against the people.
This system won't change until you hurt those people who are against us in a very direct political way.

LittleLightShining
11-03-2009, 03:34 PM
I talked with the guy running in the race.
I read the information available at the FEC.
I read the information abailable at the SOS site.
That is how I know as much about this race as Gunny.
Gunny is my boy. We hung out in minnesota. He is a great guy. Donate max to him.

But you will never get this opportunity again.
So enjoy the results of your choices.

We don't have to support Johnson. I don't know this guy beyond a phone call, but we must hit Watt and hit him in 2010 in a very direct way.
All other people in here are trying to funnel money to their candidate of choice- that is why they object.
So- you get what you earn in this case.

Watt in congress for the next 40 years to destroy every federal reserve bill that will ever try to make its way out of subcommittee. And the other congressmen will learn their are no consequences for voting against the people.
This system won't change until you hurt those people who are against us in a very direct political way.

I hear you. I understand what you're saying but what makes you so sure any amount of money we can raise for this guy Johnson-- or any other better candidate who might run against Watt-- can inflict this pain you speak of? How is funding a campaign against Mel Watt really going to hurt him?

torchbearer
11-03-2009, 03:38 PM
I hear you. I understand what you're saying but what makes you so sure any amount of money we can raise for this guy Johnson-- or any other better candidate who might run against Watt-- can inflict this pain you speak of? How is funding a campaign against Mel Watt really going to hurt him?

four ways-
Candidate feel pain when there is serious competition for their seat. It is a very uncomfortable feeling for them.

If he loses his seat- it will cause him pain.

If he loses popularity it will cause him pain.

exposing his banking connections to the general public will cause him pain because he will lose credibility on the subject.

LittleLightShining
11-03-2009, 03:49 PM
four ways-
Candidate feel pain when there is serious competition for their seat. It is a very uncomfortable feeling for them.

exposing his banking connections to the general public will cause him pain because he will lose credibility on the subject.

Even if we raise money for this Johnson guy do you really think we can do anything close to what we've done for Kokesh who hasn't benefited as much from "our" fundraising abilities as Rand and Schiff? The only way to give Watt serious competition is to raise serious money and we haven't proven we're as capable as we once were. What makes you think that people are going to just send their frn's to this guy who seems neo-conish than not when it comes to foreign policy just because he's running against Watt?

He will not lose his seat. The 16th district belongs to Mel Watt. He is in too important a position representing too much money to lose that seat.

Popularity is doable. So is exposing his banking connections. Both of these can be done for a fraction of the cost of funding a candidate. In addition, every effort should be made to educate NC legislators as to these things so that even if the GOP doesn't pick up more seats this next session-- or enough seats-- they will be cognizant of his connections when redrawing the district.

torchbearer
11-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Even if we raise money for this Johnson guy do you really think we can do anything close to what we've done for Kokesh who hasn't benefited as much from "our" fundraising abilities as Rand and Schiff? The only way to give Watt serious competition is to raise serious money and we haven't proven we're as capable as we once were. What makes you think that people are going to just send their frn's to this guy who seems neo-conish than not when it comes to foreign policy just because he's running against Watt?

He will not lose his seat. The 16th district belongs to Mel Watt. He is in too important a position representing too much money to lose that seat.

Popularity is doable. So is exposing his banking connections. Both of these can be done for a fraction of the cost of funding a candidate. In addition, every effort should be made to educate NC legislators as to these things so that even if the GOP doesn't pick up more seats this next session-- or enough seats-- they will be cognizant of his connections when redrawing the district.

I believe that we can raise more money than kokesh if people understood this was a way to hurt the destroyer of 1207.
On that issue alone is why I advocate so adamantly about this race.

LittleLightShining
11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I believe that we can raise more money than kokesh if people understood this was a way to hurt the destroyer of 1207.
On that issue alone is why I advocate so adamantly about this race.I think Kokesh should get more money, personally.

I think my own limited dollars are better used elsewhere. And I think I've wasted enough time arguing about this. Good luck to you but don't forget that educating voters has a direct effect on how they vote.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 04:23 PM
that is why I see using a candidate as more beneficial than just an educational campaign in this particular area.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on this point, but the strategy of "nicking" the politician to make him move in your direction only works if he is at least a little bit vulnerable. Watt is quite seriously the most INvulnerable Congressman in America right now. He is more secure than Barney Frank or Nancy Pelosi, that strategy that we learned in St Paul, while a great one for the vast majority of cases, would not necessarily work in this case.

The strategy to oust Watt MUST start in the NCGA with redistricting. We can really help Johnson, for 2012, if we can make Watt vulnerable in 2010. He can't even be 'hurt' in the normal way. LLS is mistaken in that he wouldn't even need to go to his bankster friends to match donations. He doesn't even need to campaign. At all.

If we want to do this...and I DO...then the way to do it is to make him vulnerable FIRST. and THEN we can hurt him.

I am still waiting to hear from Michael Luthey on those races to focus on.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 04:39 PM
four ways-

Thing is, this guy has NO credibility already. He is already universally hated and he doesn't care. I am not kidding, he has zero. He is already generally known to be more corrupt than Frank n Pelosi. Everybody in his district already knows his bankster connections. Nevertheless, this is what his races look like:

Watt 71.56%
Cobb 28.44%

Watt 67.01%
Fisher 32.99% (Black Female)

Watt 66.83%
Fisher 33.17% (Black Female)

Watt 84.7%
Kish 15.3%

He doesn't even try to hide his corruption, because he doesn't care. :mad:

torchbearer
11-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Thing is, this guy has NO credibility already. He is already universally hated and he doesn't care. I am not kidding, he has zero. He is already generally known to be more corrupt than Frank n Pelosi. Everybody in his district already knows his bankster connections. Nevertheless, this is what his races look like:

Watt 71.56%
Cobb 28.44%

Watt 67.01%
Fisher 32.99% (Black Female)

Watt 66.83%
Fisher 33.17% (Black Female)

Watt 84.7%
Kish 15.3%

He doesn't even try to hide his corruption, because he doesn't care. :mad:

2010 banking connections is a bit different story, people weren't throwing tax-protest tea parties during those previous years either.
75% of americans didn't want an audit of the fed during those years.

Things change with people.

KCIndy
11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Does Paul Johnson have any Republican contenders in the primary? Or is he pretty much a lock to be running against Watt in 2010?

The reason I ask is this: If Johnson has a lock on the republican side, we don't have to fund him to FIRST win a primary and THEN go fight in the general election. Any cash raised would begin to fund an immediate campaign against Watt.

Also, without a primary fight to worry about, any real big fundraising wouldn't have to be immediate; it could be put off for a month or two to keep it clear of the multi-bombs going off around Rand, Schiff, Kokesh, et all.

I agree that there may not be a good chance to unseat Watt this election, but as Torchbearer points out, *any* challenge with some real cash behind it might at least give the guy an ulcer or two.

Last, I understand that cash it tight for everyone right now. But if there was ever a time to dig deep, I think this is it. I would be willing to kick in a $50 donation to Johnson just to poke a stick into Watt's eye, even if it turns out to be nothing more than a minor irritation. To me, it would be worth it.

That's not taking away from any other candidate. I'm still going to find the dough to kick in another round of donations or two before the end of this month. I've donated to everyone in my sig line - sometimes multiple times - and I'm determined to do so again, even if I have to sell my f*****g blood to get the cash.

So bottom line for me is this: Why not take a multi-pronged approach? I'm game to kick some cash toward Johnson, and I'll donate what ever I can to those candidates who are taking on the "most vulnerable" list, if the list becomes available. If there are any "boots on the ground" in North Carolina who want to step up a voter education and pamphleting campaign, I'll donate some cash/pamphlets/pocket Constitutions or whatever may be needed.

Gunny's right - we need to work at the state level to affect real, long-term change.

Torchbearer's right - Watt deserves a kick in the nuts for what he did to 1207, and even if my $50 doesn't get the guy out of office, it'll be worth it to have someone there stand up, point at Watt and yell, "YOU LIE!" :D

I say we work both sides of this. If anyone doesn't want to support the effort, fine. Pick another fight. As my sig line indicates, there are plenty of 'em out there, and they can all use the cash and assistance.

But for me? I say, bring it on.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Well, if we can expose his corruption it may have some impact. Watt pretends to be an anticurruption crusader who got a little bit hurt on the following issues:

2006 he openly defends buddies who take bribes:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/03/AR2007010300778_pf.html

But on May 20, 2006, at 7:15 p.m., federal agents raided Jefferson's office on Capitol Hill, the first time that had ever happened to a sitting congressman. And the FBI affidavit justifying the raid revealed the inconvenient $90,000 in the freezer, along with transcripts of a taped conversation that appeared to capture Jefferson soliciting a bribe.

Pelosi quickly realized that late-night jokes about "Dollar Bill" and his cold cash were muddying her message about GOP corruption. She joined with Hastert in condemning the raid as an executive-branch intrusion on congressional prerogatives, but she also met privately with Jefferson and asked him to leave Ways and Means.

He refused, saying his lawyers were not letting him tell his side of the story. But she insisted that he must step down, just as a police officer would be suspended during an official investigation. When he balked, she sent a formal letter requesting his resignation from Ways and Means, "in the interest of upholding the high ethical standard of the House Democratic Caucus."

Jefferson replied that Pelosi's request was "perplexing and unreasonable," noting that his legal problems had nothing to do with Ways and Means. He wrote that it was also "discriminatory" because no other House member under federal investigation has been asked to leave a "substantive, legislative committee," an obvious reference to Mollohan and the appropriations panel.

Jefferson's allies took up his cause. Rep. Melvin Watt (D-N.C.), a Yale Law School graduate who heads the Black Caucus, told Pelosi at the June meeting that her decisions on ethical issues would be totally arbitrary without a "bright line standard." Pelosi said her standard was common sense, noting: "Anybody with $90,000 in their freezer, you have a problem at that point."

That was not good enough for Watt. "Okay, how much cash in the freezer does it take?" he asked in an interview. "The problem is not that there's a double standard. The problem is there's no standard."

Expensive trips:

http://www.legistorm.com/trip/list/by/approver/id/524/name/Rep_Mel_Watt.html

http://www.legistorm.com/trip/list/by/approver/id/524/name/Rep_Mel_Watt/submenu/personal.html

Cuba connections:

http://guarino.typepad.com/guarino/2009/04/mel-watt-and-cuba.html

I still say tho, you want to get Watt where it hurts, degerrymander his district and show him that he's too pathetic to stay elected when it's a fair fight.

phill4paul
11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
even if I have to sell my f*****g blood to get the cash.

What a friggin' great idea!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Copy to Clipboard
-- Thomas Jefferson

It's been years since I've sold my plasma. I'm gonna have to check the local rates and donation times again. What an easy way for ANYONE to contribute!

Maybe someone could even set up a Blood of Patriots chip in site. Great idea.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 05:17 PM
TB, KC, the State Coordinator for the NC C4L actually lives in CD12. She LIVES in Watt's district, and is more adamant about his invulnerability than I am. Every dime you bounce off his chest and he just brushes off like gnats, could go towards killing his gerrymander. I know you guys don't believe me, but you just can't hurt this guy.

"Hey, concerned voter, did you know Mel Watt is hooked up with the banksters stealing your money?"
"Yeah, well, aren't they all?"
"No, not all, you could always vote for Johnson"
"SNORT! A REPUBLICAN?!?! get the fk out of here!"

It's your money, so do what you want. I just think it would be better spent in an effort that would actually /hurt/ the guy, ya know?

KCIndy
11-03-2009, 05:22 PM
TB, KC, the State Coordinator for the NC C4L actually lives in CD12. She LIVES in Watt's district, and is more adamant about his invulnerability than I am. Every dime you bounce off his chest and he just brushes off like gnats, could go towards killing his gerrymander. I know you guys don't believe me, but you just can't hurt this guy.

"Hey, concerned voter, did you know Mel Watt is hooked up with the banksters stealing your money?"
"Yeah, well, aren't they all?"
"No, not all, you could always vote for Johnson"
"SNORT! A REPUBLICAN?!?! get the fk out of here!"

It's your money, so do what you want. I just think it would be better spent in an effort that would actually /hurt/ the guy, ya know?

I believe you, Gunny.... I really do. But I would seriously give $50 to anyone in North Carolina who would stand up and yell "YOU LIE!" (or any words to that effect) at Watt, just for the satisfaction of it!
:)

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 05:25 PM
I believe you, Gunny.... I really do. But I would seriously give $50 to anyone in North Carolina who would stand up and yell "YOU LIE!" (or any words to that effect) at Watt, just for the satisfaction of it!
:)

I can sure understand that

rancher89
11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
OK guys, C4L NC Coord here, take a deep breath and listen for a minute. I'm also the 2nd Vice Chair of the GOP 12th District.

Gunny is right about Watt, unfortunately. When Ada Fisher, our National Committewoman, ran against him she only got around 30% of the vote. I actually think Ty Cobb getting in the 20's in a race where Obama was the key factor is amazing.

I've got a call in about Johnson, don't know him off hand WHICH IS A BAD SIGN. An unknown GOP candidate has ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF WINNING AGAINST WATT I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU EDUCATE PEOPLE.

I've got a victory party to go to for a local race, I'll check in tomorrow and maybe I'll have more info on Johnson. I'll also double up on the info that Gunny said he'd look for as well.

We need more GOP or Libertarian members in the State House in 2010, bottom line folks.

rancher89
11-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Sigh, my guy didn't win, Charlotte and Meck Co are now certifiably a Dem stronghold.

The following is reposted from another thread......

PLEASE listen to me.
#1 I am the NC state coordinator for the C4L
#2 I am the 2nd Vice chair of the G O P 12 th Dist.

I know whereof I speak about MY District. I'm sorry if I'm a little abrupt in this post, I've got a lot to do right now and I've had this argument uncountable times and I really want you guys to understand the full "truthiness" of what I say, so I'm typing at full speed and mostly off the cuff....bear with me my long time rpf friends....(LLS, Gunny, MC thanks for understanding)

Mel Watt will not and cannot be defeated. To run a candidate against him is to waste your money, time and efforts. The 12th is the SECOND MOST GERRYMANDERED DISTRICT IN THE WHOLE USA--SECOND ONLY TO ONE IN CHICAGO...Think about that for a minute.

Please do not send money to a candidate who just happens to be interested in running against Mel Watt. You will not be helping us at all. I beg you, please. You cannot overcome an almost 250,000 vote deficit with any normal campaign. The Dems won in Charlotte and Mecklenburg County yesterday, Mel Watt's banking center home turf.

I am not a defeatist, I am the highest ranking C4L member in the NC GOP establishment and I know what I'm talking about, OK??? Can we agree on this first???? If you don't agree with me on this there is no point going forth with my suggestions on WHAT WILL WORK.....

BJ sent out a letter today, his suggestions are good ones...if you haven't read it yet, please do and then we'll continue this conversation.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=217634

OK, there is a plan, other than letter writing and phone calls, that will work. Yes, we've been working on getting rid of Watt for years, but we are up against the wall here and our efforts are being redoubled. The deal is, the only way to unseat Watt, is to be in control of the redistricting of our state in 2011. The way to be in charge of the redistricting is to be the majority party in the NC House and NC Senate in 2010.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN FOLKS, PERIOD, END OF STORY. WE NEED TO WIN A MAJORITY IN THE NC HOUSE AND SENATE IN 2010.

If you want to help, it will take an organized team, money and time, just like any other good campaign. Going off half cocked and supporting people that do not have a snowball's chance in hell will not help the overall strategy that has been developed by our NC District and County Chairs. These men and women have over 200 years of combined experience in NC politics. They know where the bodies are buried in other words.

I have a list of targeted districts. I am not releasing the list, for obvious reasons, but there are a number of districts, where, with enough help, we can either unseat an incumbent or there has been no incumbent and therefore the Dem candidate is also a first timer.

There are only two House seats that are targeted in Dist 12, and no Senate seats. The other House seats are firmly held by incumbents. The rest of the targeted House seats are outside of our District, but are critical to the over all plan to take back the House. There are also Senate seats that are targeted.

I'm going to see how this post is received before I ask for specific help.