PDA

View Full Version : The Hill Blogger says Ron Paul has Better Ideas than 2012 GOP Candidate

bobbyw24
11-02-2009, 11:37 AM
With 43 percent of the voters in a poll not long ago claiming to be independent, it is fully possible today to see a third-party challenge in 2012. Palin would be the perfect candidate. Two issues need a fundamental new approach: The war and the bailouts. In my opinion the Republicans are dead wrong on the war and the Democrats are dead wrong on the bailouts. And there are two people on these fronts today who present better ideas: Ron Paul and Marine Capt. Matthew Hoh.

The Wall Street Journal reports that in a recent online poll at ronpaul.com, 93 percent of Texans said they think Ron Paul should run for president in 2012. Paul independents and conservatives could well find a place of convergence in the rising Conservative Party. As Daniel McCarthy, senior editor at The American Conservative wrote recently, Republicans have yet to comprehend the magnitude of their loss in recent years among young people. “If Republicans are to have any hope of turning back that tide, they must heed the man who excited more students and young people than any other candidate for the GOP nomination — Ron Paul.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/campaign/65817-sarah-palin-and-rick-perry-should-bring-a-conservative-party-challenge-in-2012

__27__
11-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Yep, I'm in a cut my nose to spite my face kind of mood (politically speaking) and have been since the GOP snubbed Paul in 07-08. I can't wait to dance on the GOP's grave, the sooner the better.

I'm with a few of the other posters here, although I have been GOP all my life, at this point I'd rather vote for a Ron Paul "republican" running as a Democrat, than one running as a Repub. If only because the GOP will see it as their victory if we elect one of ours to a seat with their party affiliation.

Icymudpuppy
11-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Actually, A new party I think is a good plan. The Libertarian party has been tainted as a "kooky" party. The Republicans have sold out. The Constitution party is mostly religious zealots.

Lets co-opt the Conservative party while it is still malleable. Make sure it is fiscally conservative, and leaves social issues at the local level.

bobbyw24
11-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Bump

georgiaboy
11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Yep, I'm in a cut my nose to spite my face kind of mood (politically speaking) and have been since the GOP snubbed Paul in 07-08. I can't wait to dance on the GOP's grave, the sooner the better.

I'm with a few of the other posters here, although I have been GOP all my life, at this point I'd rather vote for a Ron Paul "republican" running as a Democrat, than one running as a Repub. If only because the GOP will see it as their victory if we elect one of ours to a seat with their party affiliation.

I'm getting closer to this perspective every day.

TinCanToNA
11-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Actually, A new party I think is a good plan. The Libertarian party has been tainted as a "kooky" party. The Republicans have sold out. The Constitution party is mostly religious zealots.

Lets co-opt the Conservative party while it is still malleable. Make sure it is fiscally conservative, and leaves social issues at the local level.

That sounds good, and would be the perfect strategy except for its incredible difficulty. The established GOP has one thing that will take an enormous amount of time to build from scratch--a political establishment.

I don't think any roads lead to Rome, but hopefully I'm wrong.

tangent4ronpaul
11-02-2009, 02:46 PM
The Wall Street Journal reports that in a recent online poll at ronpaul.com, 93 percent of Texans said they think Ron Paul should run for president in 2012....

The Wall Street Journal reports that in a recent online poll at sarahpalin.com, 93 percent of Alaskans said they think Sarah Palin should run for president in 2012....

If it had been a Gallup poll, I would have been REALLY IMPRESSED!

-t

cheapseats
11-02-2009, 02:55 PM
That sounds good, and would be the perfect strategy except for its incredible difficulty. The established GOP has one thing that will take an enormous amount of time to build from scratch--a political establishment.

l
l

ANTI-ESTABLISHMENTARIANISM
RADICAL RETRO

l
l

cheapseats
11-02-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't think any roads lead to Rome, but hopefully I'm wrong.
l
l

WISDOM OF THE AGES & SAGES
SEZ ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME
l
l

cheapseats
11-02-2009, 03:03 PM
The Wall Street Journal reports that in a recent online poll at ronpaul.com, 93 percent of Texans said they think Ron Paul should run for president in 2012....

The Wall Street Journal reports that in a recent online poll at sarahpalin.com, 93 percent of Alaskans said they think Sarah Palin should run for president in 2012....

If it had been a Gallup poll, I would have been REALLY IMPRESSED!

-t

Poll ALL the states. Let us learn how many Americans are satisfied, or perchance even PLEASED, with one of their "own" peeps.

A poll revealing that Texans support Ron Paul is ho-hum. But discovering that a BUNCH of Americans think "their" guy/gal should be the next president would piss right on Sarah Palin's parade.

I appreciate there are some people who like her . . . well, not APPRECIATE. I can respect that some people . . . no, I can't. Sarah Palin strikes me as a mental midget with a savvy sense of self-promotion. Do I know Russia? I can SEE Russia from my back yard. Even telprompter-where's-my-speech-writer Obama of the Great Giveaways and the unfailingly pedestrian off-the-cuff remarks could make debate mincemeat out of her.

cheapseats
11-02-2009, 03:08 PM
l
l

GREAT IDEAS DO NOT NECESSARILY RENDER STRONG CANDIDATE
IF YOU HAVEN'T LEARNED THAT, YOU AREN'T PAYING ATTENTION
l
l

WClint
11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
How about the American Nationalist Party.
1) Bring home all the troops
2) Deport all illegals, end all immigration
3) Kick out the UN, end NAFTA
4) Drop the fiat currency and go back to the gold standard
5) End affirmative action, seciton8, welfare and other similar programs.
6) Fire all Marxist professors/teachers

cheapseats
11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Personally, I like the Party Pooper Party. I'm serious, I think it could be FUN = SALABLE.

I am undecided between INDEPENDENCE and INDEPENDENTS, but I like American Independence Group = A.I.G. For a different KIND of fun.

bobbyw24
11-03-2009, 06:30 AM
2012 Election: Which Candidate Is Best?

A candid discussion on which Republican candidate would be best for the Constitution in the event that Ron Paul does not secure the nomination of the Republican Party in 2012.by Alexander Massa
(libertarian)

Monday, November 2, 2009

President Barack Hussein Obama will invariably lose the 2012 Presidential election, presumably to someone like Mitt Romney. Unfortunately, despite the wishes of Libertarians everywhere, the chances of Ron Paul being the Republican candidate for the 2012 election are slim to none. The fact is that the Republican Party is too beholden to neoconservative interests and corporate lobbyists to nominate someone like Dr. Paul, who would deal corruption in Washington a knockout blow.

If we feel fairly sure that Obama will be denied reelection, the only question that remains is who will take over the country in the event of a Republican victory in 2012. All things point to a coming Romney Administration, although there is a creeping suspicion among many that former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich will swoop in and steal the nomination from Romney or perhaps even Huckabee, provided he can garner more support this time around.

Which of these candidates will do the least amount of damage to the country and the Constitution? That is a hard question to answer, because we do not know what the dominant issues will be in 2012; they will certianly be different than the ones we face now. If President Obama does what he says he will (which he won't), the War on Terror and the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan should be non-issues by the time November 2012 rolls around.

For the sake of the argument, let us pretend that the dominant issues of the day will be the same in 2012 as they are today. In that case, it would appear as though a Romney Administration would be less harmful to the nation than a Gingrich Administration or a Huckabee Administration would be. Gingrich simply is not conservative enough to be a President suitable for our nation; he has flirted with liberalism over the years, despite the fact that he achieved fame as Speaker of the House fighting against the fiscal irresponsibility of President Clinton and his cronies in Congress.

Although Libertarians admittedly cannot be happy about Mitt Romney or his policies, if we can't get Dr. Paul the Republican nomination, Romney is the best second choice. Romney is the only candidate who has the ability to mend our economy and drag America out of the depths of the recession we are currently mired in. Also, I take comfort in the fact that he has socially conservative stances, mostly because of his religious views, and that he will not try to impose homosexual marriage on the country. The federal government has no right to mandate that homosexuals can be married; there is no right to marriage, yet the left-wingers in our midst claim that homosexuals are being deprived of this right, despite the fact that no such right exists.

The reason Mike Huckabee cannot be trusted is because he subscribes to the "Compassionate Conservative" ideology, which is essentially economic liberalism with a conservative facade. We already had a so-called "compassionate" fake conservative in the White House - George W. Bush, who sold our future generations into massive debt; probably an unpayable amount. The fact is that it is not the government's job to set up an endless amount of safety nets and social programs. That is none of the government's business, and welfare would be a better program if it were carried out by private charities and churches.

In any event, we have three years before the next Presidential election. Hopefully the Republicans will put up a respectable candidate who Libertarians can trust and perhaps even vote for. Republicans simply cannot continue promoting moderates and thinking they'll win. As the old saying goes, if you give the people a choice between a Democrat and a Democrat, they'll choose the Democrat every time.

May God allow Dr. Ron Paul to capture the Republican nomination, for the sake of the people and the safety of the Republic.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article7007.html

__27__
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
How about the American Nationalist Party.
2) Deport all illegals, end all immigration
3) Kick out the UN, end NAFTA
4) Drop the fiat currency and go back to the gold standard
5) End affirmative action, seciton8, welfare and other similar programs.
6) Fire all Marxist professors/teachers

Sieg Heil!

Seriously? :eek:

2) Remove the welfare state and OPEN all borders, establishing a land of TRUE freedom, not just freedom for people of some colors or people who the stork happened to drop within the borders of a political map.
3) Remove US affiliation from ALL international treaties and agreements.
4) Drop fiat currency and allow people to trade whatever they damn well please.
5) Covered in 2.
6) End state sponsored school system and allow private schools to hire who they damn well please.

Nationalism here is going back up to alarming levels.