PDA

View Full Version : GOP endorses 3rd party candidate

robertwerden
11-02-2009, 11:20 AM
“Effective immediately, the RNC will endorse and support the conservative candidate in the race, Doug Hoffman. Doug’s campaign will receive the financial backing of

This is huge!

Yieu
11-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Damage control? Publicity stunt?

robertwerden
11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
I think they are taking their cue from Palin since she endorsed Hoffman. But this breaks all boundaries and makes the rank and file GOP realize that winning isnt about voting for the GOP candidate. Its about the principles.

mcgraw_wv
11-02-2009, 11:26 AM
There must be something I don't liek with this candidate if Rush is backing them.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Wake me up when the GOP endorses a LP Radical Caucus member. *yawn*

Jamsie 567
11-02-2009, 11:32 AM
I doubt Palin endorsed the guy he most likely paid for it which was smart move LOL.

LibertyMage
11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
What is Doug Hoffman's platform?

penguin
11-02-2009, 01:33 PM
What is Doug Hoffman's platform?

Apparently not republican or democrat mainstream, sounds good to me.

robertwerden
11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
He lists him self as a C for conservative. Beck has been raising hell about it for a week now and I think the GOP would have looked stupid not to endorse him.

fisharmor
11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
http://www.doughoffmanforcongress.com/

Hot News
Scozzafava drops out of race.

We always said this was a race between two liberals and one Conservative Republican. Our Republican opponent, Dede Scozzafava, who suspended her campaign yesterday, switched parties and endorsed the Nancy Pelosi Democrat!

There is only one choice now.
Doug Hoffman!

Perhaps this is the reason?

Brett
11-02-2009, 01:58 PM
http://www.doughoffmanforcongress.com/

Perhaps this is the reason?

Bingo.

The actual Republican candidate has endorsed the Democrat, where the Republican party is trying to escape that image and go for the Conservative.

Smart move.

bunklocoempire
11-02-2009, 01:59 PM
The good? A third party might make a showing.

The bad? A third party pretending to be different from the RINOs makes a showing and possibly snowballs.

I’m not convinced of any change with Hoffman. Just some more talk and another easy "solution" offered up by TPTB. In other words, vote Conservative Party and forget about it.

The Conservative Party (of New York) and their ambiguous platform: http://www.cpnys.org Sadly it seems the Conservative Party is no friend to liberty and perfectly content with more “smoke & mirrors”.

I find it pretty easy to sort ‘em all out with the amount of “fear” they push (fear of democrats/liberals and terrorists throughout their site), monetary policy (they don’t even mention ‘monetary policy’), and, what their 2nd amendment statement is.

The Conservative Party completely ignores the Federal Reserve (NO mention), meddling with interest rates, and what it has led/leads to:
“The unprecedented economic expansion initiated by the low tax polices of President Ronald Reagan continue today because of the tax reduction initiatives of the Bush Administration.”

They eagerly give up OUR liberty for “security” (pushing fear):
“We support the continuation of the Patriot Act which gives the government the powers it needs to protect the people while guaranteeing our constitutional rights.”

They deliberately miss the point on the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment has NOTHING to do with criminals, it’s a bonus sure –just like being able to take game, but that’s not what the 2nd is about. And this in my opinion, along with the complete omission of the Federal Reserve, is all I need to know. Pushing fear of criminals, yet no mention of controlling government/tyranny.
“The federal Government should reverse its anti-gun ownership policies. Gun control does not deprive criminals from owning guns, it does make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to defend themselves.”

They are selling an interventionist foreign policy ignoring history and the concept of blow back (pushing fear):
“The War on Terror is unlike any threat we have encountered in the past. Our enemy is not primarily concerned with conquering territory. It is committed to using barbaric means to eradicate our way of life.”

This is an outright lie (and pushing fear):
“9/11 changed the world. An America that has a long history of trying to avoid entangled alliances has been forced to engage an enemy in a worldwide struggle in defense of security, freedom, and peaceful coexistence.”

I guess this explains Hoffman’s endorsements. There is now way he would receive these endorsements if he was truly committed to the message of liberty and a message of COURAGE.
The endorsements tell much in my opinion, plenty “fear” pushers. In other words, none of these folks endorsed Paul -and many went out of their way to discredit Paul, many still do.

Hoffman Notable Endorsements
Club for Growth PAC
The American Conservative Union
The Police Benevolent Association of the New York State Troopers, Inc. [4]
New York State Right to Life Political Action Committee [5]
Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty [6]
Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann [7]
South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint [7]
Former Alaska Governor and Vice-Presidential nominee Sarah Palin. [8]
Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey. [9]
Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson. [10]
Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum[11]
Economist Steve Forbes
Columnist Michelle Malkin [12]
Columnist Bill Kristol[13]
Radio Talk Show Host Mark Levin[14]
Radio Talk Show Host Rush Limbaugh[15]
The New York Post[16]
The Wall Street Journal [17]
The National Review
The Susan B. Anthony List [17]
National Organization for Marriage [17]

Bunkloco

Kotin
11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Doug Hoffman is now winning in the polls 41% to 36% for Bill Owens..

this is gettin a bit crazy..

angelatc
11-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I doubt Palin endorsed the guy he most likely paid for it which was smart move LOL.

No she endorsed him but only after several other prominent Republicans had endorsed him. It's kind of silly to think he has the money to spend buying endorsements.

The NRSC and the GOP gave Scozzafava six figures. They didn't give Hoffman a dime.

specsaregood
11-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Unfortunately the he is a "social" conservative. Not a limited government and fiscal conservative. This is entirely a move to make sure the religious right voters don't go elsewhere.....

No1ButPaul08
11-02-2009, 02:42 PM
This guy's idea of cutting spending is eliminating earmarks. I'll pass (not that i could vote there anyway)

http://www.doughoffmanforcongress.com/issues.html#spending

Kotin
11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
This guy's idea of cutting spending is eliminating earmarks. I'll pass (not that i could vote there anyway)

http://www.doughoffmanforcongress.com/issues.html#spending

it shows he has no understanding of the issues at hand..

so getting rid of 1% of the budget is going to help?? the only 1% that is clearly documented and contains some semblance of transparency...??

:rolleyes:

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-02-2009, 05:33 PM
We should look at a Hoffman victory as a positive thing. As a third party candidate, he might be far more open to listening to the liberty movement than your standard (D) or (R) Congressmen. And there's always time to try to persuade him on certain positions.

Flash
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Despite the fact the Conservative Party of NY operates more like a wing of the GOP than a true third party, I still think its huge news. May be this will let people seriously consider the Libertarian Party for a change. May be one day the Libertarian party could actually win elections in New Hampshire for positions like House rep & senate.

Slutter McGee
11-02-2009, 06:21 PM
We should look at a Hoffman victory as a positive thing. As a third party candidate, he might be far more open to listening to the liberty movement than your standard (D) or (R) Congressmen. And there's always time to try to persuade him on certain positions.

I think it very likely that he will switch to Republican once he is in Congress.

Sincerely

Slutter McGee

silverhandorder
11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
I think it very likely that he will switch to Republican once he is in Congress.

Sincerely

Slutter McGee

That is what will most likely happen. As people pointed out conservative party in NY is simply a name for a wing of republican party. For some reasons both dems and reps here like to divide their base into sections so once the candidate wins he knows which platform to pursue. Here candidate can be nominated by both parties and votes for the same candidate under different parties get added up together.