PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Group on GOP.com

Michael Landon
11-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I just received the following e-mail. I suggest we do this.

- ML

The Republican Party has set up its own social networking site at
www.GOP.com

Several days ago I applied to start a group called Ron Paul Republicans,
describing it in much the same manner as the C4L mission statement. Much to
my surprise, it was just approved.

http://our.gop.com/Groups/Ron_Paul_Republicans

If anyone is interested in joining, just register with GOP.com and join the
group.

On the main group page, they show the most popular groups. The top group so
far is GOP Bloggers with about 60 + members.

I think it would be fun to see Ron Paul Republicans in the number one slot.

What do you think?

Mark

rp08orbust
11-01-2009, 09:43 PM
I just received the following e-mail. I suggest we do this.

- ML

The Republican Party has set up its own social networking site at
www.GOP.com

Several days ago I applied to start a group called Ron Paul Republicans,
describing it in much the same manner as the C4L mission statement. Much to
my surprise, it was just approved.

http://our.gop.com/Groups/Ron_Paul_Republicans

If anyone is interested in joining, just register with GOP.com and join the
group.

On the main group page, they show the most popular groups. The top group so
far is GOP Bloggers with about 60 + members.

I think it would be fun to see Ron Paul Republicans in the number one slot.

What do you think?

Mark

Great idea!

coyote_sprit
11-01-2009, 09:49 PM
I bet if when we get on top they "mysteriously" the group feature...

dr. hfn
11-01-2009, 10:49 PM
joined! upload photos and videos to this site!!!

reagle
11-01-2009, 11:06 PM
up to 19 members

sofia
11-01-2009, 11:31 PM
i spent 60 seconds there....started feeling nauseous...

gog i hate the GOP. I dont know how RP can stand them

rp08orbust
11-01-2009, 11:35 PM
i spent 60 seconds there....started feeling nauseous...

I'm sure it's more than the color, but the excessive amount of red turned me off.

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 01:34 AM
36 members now!

Friend me: http://our.gop.com/glen

:D

squarepusher
11-02-2009, 02:47 AM
im surprised the GOP is open to ron paulers. Maybe they will lead the new direction for the (lost and failed) GOP

evilfunnystuff
11-02-2009, 04:35 AM
i joined the group and added a bunch of pics and vids

kathy88
11-02-2009, 04:37 AM
Wow is that site slow. 39 members :)

coyote_sprit
11-02-2009, 07:18 AM
You can make that site more bearable by using adblock to block the background face image.

bobbyw24
11-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Check it out at, upper right hand corner at:

http://our.gop.com/bobbyw24

tajitj
11-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Very nice, quite a few good groups there.

#51!

johnrocks
11-02-2009, 07:58 AM
I tried to join and someone is already using my username "johnrocks", hmmmm.

MRoCkEd
11-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Keep joining - we're almost the #1 group.

evilfunnystuff
11-02-2009, 08:07 AM
haha they pulled a few of the pics i posted so i will post them here for everyone to see

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/95/l_90175f01eaad49af914c91ab09fe661d.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/104/l_6fbc73c056b6473a8bb53d129ac04c12.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/86/l_8e38561972734ac5b47d42489bb2e2a2.jpg
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/79/l_405da12d84cf4cf7991d69f08b01335f.gif
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/82/l_f6accd63332b4da9b914968ae5a393dd.jpg

angelatc
11-02-2009, 08:08 AM
I think I joined.

AutoDas
11-02-2009, 08:19 AM
why would you add those photos? are they representative of Ron Paul? why not add some Truther videos. Ron Paul!!!!1111!one!!!1

brandon
11-02-2009, 08:20 AM
I bet if when we get on top they "mysteriously" the group feature...

That's funny because I just accidentally a coca cola bottle

coyote_sprit
11-02-2009, 08:25 AM
That's funny because I just accidentally a coca cola bottle

I accidentally a whole fleshlight.

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 08:29 AM
61 members and counting!

roho76
11-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Three video's on the front page and two of them are of Joe Lieberman. Gawd.

evilfunnystuff
11-02-2009, 08:37 AM
why would you add those photos? are they representative of Ron Paul? why not add some Truther videos. Ron Paul!!!!1111!one!!!1

it isnt ron pauls personal page it is a group for his supporters and ya know what a good portion of his supprters would dig these pics 11one11oneoneone

coyote_sprit
11-02-2009, 08:39 AM

I think they should have left the 1984 one up though.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2009, 08:41 AM
it isnt ron pauls personal page it is a group for his supporters and ya know what a good portion of his supprters would dig these pics 11one11oneoneone http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/rude/1/finger.gif

Maybe people like you, but posting those pictures will certainly drive off a lot of others.

coyote_sprit
11-02-2009, 08:45 AM
We own the land!

LibertyEagle
11-02-2009, 08:46 AM
We own the land!

Really? Last time I checked we got less than 2% of the vote.

JVParkour
11-02-2009, 08:49 AM
We now have 68 members and are in the lead.... W00T!!!

RonPaulFanInGA
11-02-2009, 08:53 AM

Are you talking about Barr/Baldwin? Because Paul got something like 6% of the republican primary vote in 2008; including over 1.1 million votes and double-digit percentages in multiple states.

klamath
11-02-2009, 08:54 AM
I tried to join and someone is already using my username "johnrocks", hmmmm.
It might be the same guy that was on Restore the party website. He was a froathing at the mouth anti RP guy.One of the worse. I almost thought you were the same guy coming on here to flame RP:D

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 08:57 AM
72 members, now the largest group on my.gop.com 8-D YEAHH!

coyote_sprit
11-02-2009, 08:57 AM

Well screw you too.

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I think the one with GWB eating a kitten would kind of drive regular Republicans away...

LibertyEagle
11-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Well screw you too.

I hope you take on a different manner when representing this movement. :cool:

The point is, that we are trying to reach others with Ron's message. Not drive them away.

LibertyWorker
11-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Going to that site and reading the posts.Confirms one thing,i am not with the GOP on anything they seem to deem as important.

They are as dumb as they come.

I cant deal with people that when confronted with the truth resort to flag waving and chanting U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A.

You only need to look at the size of government to see the GOP as conservatives is SOL and full of BS.

evilfunnystuff
11-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I think the one with GWB eating a kitten would kind of drive regular Republicans away...

unless he really did it then they would just say it was a preemptive strike and the kitten hated our freedoms lol

admittedly that one may have been a bit over the edge but i thought the others would be ok especialy the alfred e neuman one oh well

ronpaulhawaii
11-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Featured Group :)

75 members

http://our.gop.com/app/render/go.aspx?xsl=tp_community.xslt

AdamT
11-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Just joined. 77 now. Someone get this initiative on the homepage of DP and it'll be a few hundred in no time.

Edit: LOL done.

rprprs
11-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Ok, I'm headed over to join. :)

johnrocks
11-02-2009, 09:28 AM
It might be the same guy that was on Restore the party website. He was a froathing at the mouth anti RP guy.One of the worse. I almost thought you were the same guy coming on here to flame RP:D

Really??? Damn, that pisses me off:mad: I've been a fan of the good Doctor for 20 plus years:cool:

robertwerden
11-02-2009, 09:35 AM
This is brilliant.
Now when people come to GOP.com to see who is the talk of the town, they will see Ron Paul all over the place. What a great way to bring in new people and steer the flock of sheeple who blindly follow who the GOP appears to be pushing.

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 09:51 AM
bump for 90 members! yeah, something like DOUBLE the membership of any other group. ROFLOL!

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Going to that site and reading the posts.Confirms one thing,i am not with the GOP on anything they seem to deem as important.

They are as dumb as they come.

I cant deal with people that when confronted with the truth resort to flag waving and chanting U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A.

You only need to look at the size of government to see the GOP as conservatives is SOL and full of BS.

You must be reading different forums than I am. On the forums I have been reading (all except the national defense forum, which I will approach with great care soon) the tenor is at least 75% in our favor.

WRT the defense forum, you have to remember these people have been brainwashed by the media. Breaking their conditioning will not be easy, and must be handled carefully, BUT IT CAN BE DONE.

And that is probably the best place in America to reach the GOP right now with our message. Especially getting in on the ground floor like this.

ronpaulhawaii
11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
108 members :D, everyone joining should be posting a link to http://thisnovember5th.com

Catatonic
11-02-2009, 10:40 AM
You must be reading different forums than I am. On the forums I have been reading (all except the national defense forum, which I will approach with great care soon) the tenor is at least 75% in our favor.

WRT the defense forum, you have to remember these people have been brainwashed by the media. Breaking their conditioning will not be easy, and must be handled carefully, BUT IT CAN BE DONE.

And that is probably the best place in America to reach the GOP right now with our message. Especially getting in on the ground floor like this.

The problem is, conservatives and republicans have always loved libertarian rhetoric. Just look at Bush's campaign platform from 2000 and the talking points used by the GOP candidates in the primaries. How do we get the average GOP sheep to stick to their principals rather than accept a candidate that can talk the talk, but throw in a 'but we need big government to do this, unfortunatly' after the fact?

robertwerden
11-02-2009, 10:45 AM
on the main page of the group http://our.gop.com/Groups/Ron_Paul_Republicans there is on the left side bar a rating vote for the group. We only have 29 votes so far, lets bump that up

robertwerden
11-02-2009, 10:50 AM
we should also start populating the included forum on the site. Get some general GOP related discussions to get outsiders involved. Right now we are the only forum devoted to a possible candidate

ronpaulhawaii
11-02-2009, 11:05 AM
we should also start populating the included forum on the site. Get some general GOP related discussions to get outsiders involved. Right now we are the only forum devoted to a possible candidate

Just added this thread:

Why I support Ron Paul.
A thread for people to add their own reasons for supporting the Champion of The Constitution

rprprs
11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Would it be wise or ill-advised to join other groups (e.g. "Republicans in College") with which we might affiliate. Would this better enable us to provide influence within those groups, or would we be better off limiting our participation to the Ron Paul Republicans group?

:confused: Thoughts?

Matthew Zak
11-02-2009, 11:45 AM

Yeah, we need to seduce them over to our side, not point out how stupid they and their heroes are. If they see parallels they will be far more likely to investigate. You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

Matthew Zak
11-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Would it be wise or ill-advised to join other groups (e.g. "Republicans in College") with which we might affiliate. Would this better enable us to provide influence within those groups, or would we be better off limiting our participation to the Ron Paul Republicans group?

:confused: Thoughts?

Do both.

Pauliana
11-02-2009, 11:48 AM

Cuz we were robbed!

Besides, all we need, really is 3% :D

Pauliana
11-02-2009, 11:55 AM
That red color hurts my soul.

JamesButabi
11-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Joined up. 173 members :)

silverhandorder
11-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Gah the Oxbig fellow is an annoying pest.

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Gah the Oxbig fellow is an annoying pest.

now THERE's an understatement. tho I am certain he is a Dem operative trying to schism the GOP.

silverhandorder
11-02-2009, 01:01 PM
now THERE's an understatement. tho I am certain he is a Dem operative trying to schism the GOP.

That much is obvious. Just the fact that I have to get distracted with him bothers me. GOPers come with some assumptions that we share and this makes it easier to explain the right policy. But when a dude comes to a thread and starts screaming about dying people in US one has to teach him economics, government and history just to bring him up to date.

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 01:07 PM
The problem is, conservatives and republicans have always loved libertarian rhetoric. Just look at Bush's campaign platform from 2000 and the talking points used by the GOP candidates in the primaries. How do we get the average GOP sheep to stick to their principals rather than accept a candidate that can talk the talk, but throw in a 'but we need big government to do this, unfortunatly' after the fact?

Well, here is the thing. They use that rhetoric because that's what the voting population of the GOP really want to hear. The voting population of the GOP really want to hear that rhetoric, because that's what they actually believe. That means they are naturally 'our kind of people' even if they may be brainwashed on the GWOT and not had their eyes opened yet.

But the beauty of our having access there is that when we say it we are saying it with integrity -- integrity that the fakers do not have. By being onboard we have the opportunity to educate them in how to spot a faker (gently, mind you) so that next go-around they will be more likely to make a better choice.

Did you ever expect to see mainstream Republicans denouncing Newt Gingritch? Seriously!

What we have here is the perfect opportunity to push, and I mean PUSH our platform in such a way that it resonates outward away from the website into the body politic. You do that by 'coalition building' without compromising your platform.

The effect this has is to make the RP platform sound "not-kooky" come 2012. If 2012 comes around, and there's this fellow who is in lock-step with all of these respected Republicans that they have heard for the last 3 years, then he doesn't sound crazy, he just sounds RIGHT.

This is one aspect of our effort for Ron Paul 2012. I am 100% convinced that the reason we did not do amazingly well in the 2008 primaries is because our message sounded 'kooky' to your average uninformed, and the M$M played off that very effectively.

However, if the vast majority of the GOP electorate knows our platform inside and out by 2012, it will no longer sound 'kooky' and the M$M will be unable to attack from that angle. WE will then have the upper hand. :D

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 01:13 PM
That much is obvious. Just the fact that I have to get distracted with him bothers me. GOPers come with some assumptions that we share and this makes it easier to explain the right policy. But when a dude comes to a thread and starts screaming about dying people in US one has to teach him economics, government and history just to bring him up to date.

agree, and you don't want to denounce him as a plant because that would sound 'crazy.'

the key there, I think, is patience. eventually any plant as obvious as he is will out himself. which he has already come extremely close to doing several times. If I had to make a bet, I would bet that he will be completely discredited and therefore totally irrelevant within 2 weeks.

Then he can safely be ignored, no matter WHAT he says. :)

Besides, he provides the PERFECT opportunity to demonstrate for the rest of the GOP sheeple how the Ron Paul platform is vastly superior to whatever the Dems will be offering in 2012.

The key, I think, is to just take him for that -- a dem sounding board. not to be taken seriously, but as a kind of joke, and an opportunity to show the sheeple that Ron Paul demolishes Democrat arguments at every step. Thus they will be willing to try him in the primary, since they know his arguments actually WORK against Dems.

I am sure by now pretty much every Republican on those boards know he is a Dem, and what they are looking for is arguments that work against him.

The major thing is not to get frustrated. 8-)

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-02-2009, 01:19 PM
agree, and you don't want to denounce him as a plant because that would sound 'crazy.'

the key there, I think, is patience. eventually any plant as obvious as he is will out himself. which he has already come extremely close to doing several times. If I had to make a bet, I would bet that he will be completely discredited and therefore totally irrelevant within 2 weeks.

Then he can safely be ignored, no matter WHAT he says. :)

Besides, he provides the PERFECT opportunity to demonstrate for the rest of the GOP sheeple how the Ron Paul platform is vastly superior to whatever the Dems will be offering in 2012.

The key, I think, is to just take him for that -- a dem sounding board. not to be taken seriously, but as a kind of joke, and an opportunity to show the sheeple that Ron Paul demolishes Democrat arguments at every step. Thus they will be willing to try him in the primary, since they know his arguments actually WORK against Dems.

I am sure by now pretty much every Republican on those boards know he is a Dem, and what they are looking for is arguments that work against him.

The major thing is not to get frustrated. 8-)

You think if I signed up over there and went all An-Cap I would frighten away 90% of the participants? :p:p:p

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Here is my group on our.GOP.com -- Constitutionalist Republicans! If you are a Constitutionalist Republican, regardless of who you supported in 2008, do please join this group! This group is intended to focus on the specific philosophy of a Constitutionalist Republican rather than a specific personality.

http://our.gop.com/Groups/Constitutionalist_Republicans

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 01:45 PM
You think if I signed up over there and went all An-Cap I would frighten away 90% of the participants? :p:p:p

ROFL! With the crowd over there now I doubt anything would scare them away. Tho they might peg you as a "fringe radical right" simply because they have no clue that the paradigm is false, and that 'sounds' way, WAY right to them.

Of course, the notion that it is just a different philosophy that does not really belong on a left-right scale is soomething they would likely not grasp. 8-)

TXcarlosTX
11-02-2009, 02:05 PM
I just signed up.....

KAYA
11-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I joined the Ron Paul group as well as the Barry Goldwater group! http://our.gop.com/Groups/Back_to_Goldwater_Republicans_

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 04:11 PM
WOW! 240 members! That's like 3.5 TIMES the membership of the next-largest group! hahaha!

Oh, and I was just called "extreme right" (in a very condescending 'tone') by some girl in the forums who seems to assume that all younger Republicans are moderate. I think I disabused her of that notion pretty well. :D

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Don't forget the one I created...

http://our.gop.com/Groups/Constitutionalist_Republicans

:D

Flash
11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Wow, GOP.com finally approved my account! That only took a few weeks! Anyways I just signed up for the Ron Paul group.

rprprs
11-02-2009, 05:38 PM
265 members! Keep 'em coming.

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm not certain that I see the point of politicized social networking groups like these. Isn't it just preaching to the choir? This GOP one doesn't even have the organization features of the CFL website. Seems like using Facebook, Myspace, etc. would be a better use of time to reach out to new faces.

Uriel999
11-02-2009, 07:53 PM
ron paul is the GOP at Our.GOP.com! Or us from here...on...there....

phill4paul
11-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Joined but cant log in because of loading....guess they weren't expecting the server overload of RPFs.

rprprs
11-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm not certain that I see the point of politicized social networking groups like these. Isn't it just preaching to the choir? This GOP one doesn't even have the organization features of the CFL website. Seems like using Facebook, Myspace, etc. would be a better use of time to reach out to new faces.

Preaching to the GOP = preaching to the choir? I think not.
Hopefully, however, there are just (barely) enough commonalities to make this a worthwhile pursuit. Surely we should use Facebook and Myspace also, but we should not overlook this established political venue when attempting to make our case and increase our numbers. We should use every avenue available to us.

CaseyJones
11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
307 members :D

Jordan
11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
If you're involved in a debate, saying that something is "unconstitutional" is not good enough. Real life application to today's problems goes a looooooong way to help our cause.

rprprs
11-02-2009, 10:30 PM
If you're involved in a debate, saying that something is "unconstitutional" is not good enough. Real life application to today's problems goes a looooooong way to help our cause.

I will agree, but only with one proviso. And that is the realization that most of "today's problems" have arisen from something that was "unconstitutional" in the past. ;)

Michael Landon
11-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Bump.

- ML

RonPaulFanInGA
11-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Some of the photos in the Ron Paul groups are great. I've never seen this one before:

http://our.gop.com/assets/yourgop/groups/9/9/8/F/998F63CE-E7DE-4463-A8D9-BA9EA3903B77/photos/86E8161B-6231-4B8B-929B-F8631BE7C68E/161AE020-D9A6-4624-88CB-596A52603D6F.jpg

Flash
11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Wow I never realized how many moderates & liberals are in the GOP. Some of the people on this site seem like full-blown socialists. I saw one user saying the free market is NEVER the answer! I'm guessing these are probably Daily KOS trolls or something...

Old Ducker
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Okay I signed up. God I hate the GOP...going to wash my hands.

AdamT
11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
430 members now :) Next highest is 67.

Chase
11-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Some of the photos in the Ron Paul groups are great. I've never seen this one before:

http://our.gop.com/assets/yourgop/groups/9/9/8/F/998F63CE-E7DE-4463-A8D9-BA9EA3903B77/photos/86E8161B-6231-4B8B-929B-F8631BE7C68E/161AE020-D9A6-4624-88CB-596A52603D6F.jpg

Someone needs to add his sidekicks Schiff and Rand Paul.

TortoiseDream
11-03-2009, 07:25 PM
haha oh man that group is already dominating the site

rprprs
11-03-2009, 07:54 PM
I would hope that our members would not only join, but also contribute to the forums and otherwise promote our philosophy on the site.

Matthew Zak
11-03-2009, 07:57 PM
i would hope that our members would not only join, but also contribute to the forums and otherwise promote our philosophy on the site.

+1776

Michael Landon
11-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I would hope that our members would not only join, but also contribute to the forums and otherwise promote our philosophy on the site.

Agreed.

- ML

ronpaulhawaii
11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
When the RP group started up a few days ago, I noticed that the admin was a friend. I went and looked at the profile and saw >2500 names. It is up to 3230 now. The RP group is now at 478. For ease, lets say I checked admin when the group was ~50 (I believe it was less).

=2800

So, ~300+ people joined the site, but not the RPG. We are out-pacing for now...

Kill em' wit kindness ;)

MRoCkEd
11-04-2009, 05:17 PM
I posted an essay about drug legalization:
http://our.gop.com/forums/Topic4255684-3812-1.aspx

angelatc
11-04-2009, 05:24 PM
I posted an essay about drug legalization:
http://our.gop.com/forums/Topic4255684-3812-1.aspx

Because you seriously don't believe that Republicans aren't Libertarians?:confused:

MRoCkEd
11-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Because you seriously don't believe that Republicans aren't Libertarians?:confused:
The ones dominating this site are. :cool: