PDA

View Full Version : What sacrifices are you willing to make?

Sematary
10-02-2007, 08:34 AM
In the beginning, the founding fathers risked life, fortune, family and more, to bring about a fundamental change that rocked the world. They put everything on the line in order to build a better future for their progeny.
I believe that NOW is the time for us to make our decision about how important this election is to us. As I explain (or try) to my wife, who is fed up with my time spent campaigning for Ron Paul, there are things in this world that are bigger than we are. I blew off a semester of school, something I've never done before, so that I can have time to do the things that need to be done. I've rearranged my work schedule, when necessary, in order to hit the streets and get Dr. Paul's name to the masses of people who have never even heard his name. I don't know how much more I am willing to sacrifice but I haven't hit the wall yet. I suppose the breaking point would be if my marriage were to be significantly damaged. As much as I love Dr. Paul and everything he stands for - my wife is my first and only true love. I've strained my relationship with this campaign but I do my best to keep my activities to a level where they don't interfere with that relationship (not always possible).
All that said - I am COMMITTED to seeing this through to the primaries. The future of our nation is at stake and while not everyone understands that who knows me - I do. I am willing to make the sacrifices necessary to see Dr. Paul win. I hope you are, too.