PDA

View Full Version : GOP fighting back

LibForestPaul
11-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Just saw Faux News having GOP head in support of legalizing marijuana.

TBTB will make certain that libertarianism never enters GOP mainstream. They framed piece around how pot is far safer than alcohol and how much money is being misspent on fighting marijuana. NOT how the drug war is not a power that congress has or that government has authority to determine what an individual may do with his own body.

So, they will go as far as supporting regulating marijuana to make certain liberty never gains a foothold in GOP.

catdd
11-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I think they are fighting a losing battle though, as our growth is forcing them to adopt more of our principles. I'm really surprised the GOP still has any credibility left at this stage.
It is a slow process but it's working.

Carole
11-01-2009, 12:44 PM
She did mention that people have a right to choose for themselves and make their own decisions. More than once she pointed it out.

She also pinpointed the 800,000 imprisoned and the individual cost to Taxpayers being more than what is spent on educating a child. This while rapists and hardened criminals are released into society prematurely due to overcrowding in prisons.

I heard the entire interview and the lad hit on many good points.

cheapseats
11-01-2009, 02:45 PM
I think they are fighting a losing battle though, as our growth is forcing them to adopt more of our principles. I'm really surprised the GOP still has any credibility left at this stage.

I'm really surprised that supposed Libertarians and self-proclaimed Free Thinkers still seek to "infiltrate," at THIS stage, a party that is substantially lacking in ethics and credibility. As though a sullied but recognizable name is superior to a name from the wrong side of the tracks. Same old, same old.

It is a slow process but it's working.

WHAT is working? Ta daaa, WE are now Big Whigs in the party that people are bound to despise for several more years. Not even Obama can screw up enough for people to overlook what ASSHOLES Bush and Cheney were.

Ah, the good old days. When things were only terrible.

catdd
11-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I think if we continue to flood the Republican Party with young fiscal conservatives who can't be bought off at any price, we are bound to win. The GOP is out of bullets and about all they can do now is sling rocks. That might hold us off for awhile but they're way of doing things is over.

cheapseats
11-01-2009, 05:24 PM
I think if we continue to flood the Republican Party with young fiscal conservatives who can't be bought off at any price, we are bound to win. The GOP is out of bullets and about all they can do now is sling rocks. That might hold us off for awhile but they're way of doing things is over.

With respect, "young fiscal conservatives who can't be bought off at any price" have never existed. Nor old fiscal conservatives who can't be bought. Nor young radicals who can't be bought. Nor old liberals who can't be bought.

Sure, sure, the occasional person who was above reproach but, c'mon. Jonas Salk comes to mind as the last person who couldn't be bought. Last I heard, uber successful writer Sue Grafton, who is nearly done with an alaphabet's worth of mysteries featuring female Private Eye Kinsey Millhone, refuses to sell teevee or movie rights. Sez she CAME from that business and No.Thank.You. I have no confirmation nor do I seek it, but I have heard tell that she has it written into her will that even her progeny cannot sell her craftsmanship for rendering by Tinsel Town.

Few and far between. You know it, and I know it. FEWER, with the resurrection of Torture. Allow me tell you everything I know AND write you a check, if my option is waterboarding punctuated by tazing.

MAGICAL THINKING = somehow, Deus Machina, your/generic representatives/peeps/posse/homies will be immune to the seductions and corruptions that have bedeviled man for all of recorded time, and that have bedeviled man MORE WICKEDLY in the political arena slash temple of man's lordship over man.

Power corrupts, absolute power... You know the drill.

We have learned that the Judgement Center doesn't even quit growing until more on the order of 25 years old. Explains a LOT. It is IMPERATIVE that y'all disabuse yourselves of the notion that, miraculously, we have a bumper crop of 20-somethings.

A little knowledge IS a dangerous thing. Youth IS wasted on the young. Sayings like these don't take hold for no reason. Ask around. Every culture/language has an equivalent saying.

On top of THAT, this board AMPLY suggests that People Have Prices.

On top of THAT, if the Republican party COULD be overtaken so quickly by better forces as to triumph in 2012, it would contain a MORAL HAZARD. This BUSINESS of apologizing and "moving forward" is bullshit and more shit.

catdd
11-01-2009, 05:46 PM
This all sounds depressing. I really thought we had more integrity in our ranks.

Would you sell out the country and everything we have worked and struggled for, or would you tell the bankers to go fu.. themselves?

erowe1
11-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Just saw Faux News having GOP head in support of legalizing marijuana.

Really? Are you talking about Steele? What GOP head?