PDA

View Full Version : 9/12 Candidates Platform - Adam Kokesh

ronpaulhawaii
11-01-2009, 10:36 AM
http://912candidates.org/nm/2009/11/01/912-platform-adam-kokesh-u-s-congress-3rd-district-nm/

Posted by admin on November 1, 2009 under 9/12 Candidates | Comments are off for this article

912Candidates.org is pleased to publish the 9-12 Platform of Adam Kokesh, candidate for US Congress from New Mexico’s 3rd District:

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-01-2009, 10:53 AM
:cool:

ronpaulhawaii
11-01-2009, 01:41 PM

9 Principles

1. America Is Good.

Do you remember what America felt like the day after 9/11? We rallied together as a country and came together on the essential American principles of freedom. So, what happened to us? We have forgotten the one thing that is truly sacred about America. It’s not our borders, it’s not our military, it’s not our economy, and God knows it is certainly not our government. The one thing that is truly sacred about America is the fact that at our founding, some brave men pledged their lives, fortunes, and sacred honors, “with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence” to the principles of liberty contained within the Declaration of Independence. America will eternally be a good country as a living symbol of the principles of liberty on which we were founded.

2. I believe in God and God is the Center of my Life.

My faith is guided by the spark of divinity that I see in every human being. I have dedicated my life to advancing the cause of freedom because it is only in a free society where that spark and thus that divinity is truly respected.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

It is only through the challenge of being more honest with ourselves every day and saying the difficult things that need to be said that we can can come to the truth, and the truth shall set us free. Honesty is essential to freedom because oppression is always based on deception. We must not be a slave to our own delusions or anyone else’s if we are to be truly free.

4. The family is sacred. My family and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

One thing I am looking forward to more than anything in life is starting a family. Unfortunately, the government has taken on an entirely unconstitutional role by regulating the interpersonal bonds that make family sacred and superseded the natural authority of the family. This is a compelling reason to stand up for the rights of families if there ever was one and I will not allow my family to be ruled by the government.

5. If you break a just law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

With all of the laws our government has created that are so grossly unjust, it is important that we remember the difference between the laws of God and the laws of man. While we may strive to uphold the laws of God on earth, the judgement of fellow human beings is beyond our mandate. We should work to ensure that the laws we create do not contradict real justice, and hold those to account who create laws for corrupt motivations that contradict God’s law.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

This basic fact of life is all too often forgotten in the great government debates of who should get to steal what from whom. All of us naturally want to help the disadvantaged and we should strive to do so by our own charity. Attempting to use the force of government to impose an unnatural standard of equality never works, and in the long run always ends up hurting those it intends to help.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

Only giving based on voluntary actions is true charity. Forced redistribution of wealth does not qualify. The best way for us to take care of our fellow men and women who are in need is to organize as communities and do it ourselves, not ask government to do it for us by coercion.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

Absolutely! In fact, it is your patriotic DUTY to disagree agree with an authority that so blatantly tramples our freedoms. I am reminded of the words of Pastor Martin Niemöller:

When the Nazis came for the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I wasn’t a Jew.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.

9. The government works for the people. The people do not answer to the government, the government answers to the people.

This is the bedrock of what American government is supposed to be. When the cat’s away, the mice will play. We the people have been absent from American politics for too long. Too many vocal, well-funded special interests have taken control. It’s time to bring the people back into the picture, and let the government know who’s boss!

12 Values

1. Honesty – Having the courage to say the difficult things that need to be said.

2. Reverence – Knowing when to express humility.

3. Hope – I have great hope for humanity and faith in our inevitable triumph.

4. Thrift – Fiscal responsibility is a testament to your true values.

5. Humility – To strive to know how much you don’t know is a noble endeavor.

6. Charity – The satisfaction of giving of yourself is destroyed when forced by government.

7. Sincerity – The most effective communications come from your true self.

8. Moderation – In government and use of force, it is essential, however, “Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” – Barry M Goldwater

9. Hard Work – The use of one’s time and the effort invested is a measure of your values.

10. Courage – If you can be scared out of standing up for what you believe in, what is the point of having principles?

11. Personal Responsibility – We must strive to not impose burdens on others, especially by the use of government.

12. Gratitude – I strive to acknowledge in every moment that life is a gift to be cherished.

kaleidoscope eyes
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
bump