PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's message has caused serious damage to the establishment already

dude58677
10-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Because of Ron Paul calling the IRS unconstitutional along with almost all the government programs, there are going to be fewer people filing income tax returns and fewer jurors will be willing to convict tax evaders.

Ninja Homer
10-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Also, the other candidates have changed some of their positions to match his. I wish somebody in the media would point this out, but I'm still glad to see that some of his positions are now considered mainstream.

Chester Copperpot
10-02-2007, 07:55 AM
somebody pointed that out on some website.. or it could have been a radio interview Ron did.. Im not sure but I definitely remember somebody saying something to that effect,

lucius
10-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Also, the other candidates have changed some of their positions to match his. I wish somebody in the media would point this out, but I'm still glad to see that some of his positions are now considered mainstream.

Dr. Paul is making them look foolish; they have to adjust.

Akus
10-02-2007, 08:16 AM
I laugh when people say RP is irrelevant because the more he's out there, the more Guliani's, Romney's and even Hillary's rhetoric sounds like his. They know he is anything but irrelevant.

Primbs
10-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Even talk radio is talking more about libertarian ideas.

Matt Collins
10-02-2007, 08:34 AM
There is no damage done to anyone at this time.... only a slight change in dialog. If RP gets into office, trust me there WILL be damage. But at this time, everyone BUT RP is just giving lip service.

born2drv
10-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I 100% agree.... all those young republican congressman are watching the old school Ron Paul shake up the establishment and they can't believe it... and not just that, he's got TONS of support from young voters. If they want to have a long career in politics they'll need to understand what the republican party is all about again, how he's able to get all this support and start voting like Paul to keep their jobs.

fletcher
10-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Because of Ron Paul calling the IRS unconstitutional along with almost all the government programs, there are going to be fewer people filing income tax returns and fewer jurors will be willing to convict tax evaders.

I've never heard Dr. Paul call the IRS unconstitutional.

runderwo
10-02-2007, 09:21 AM
The IRS can't be unconstitutional as long as it is in compliance with the 16th Amendment, and the 16th Amendment was ratified. Aaron Russo might disagree, but I haven't heard Ron Paul take that position.

dude58677
10-02-2007, 09:24 AM

He's called it unconstitutional the way it is collected such as the audits, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCgHRoB6xUw

EvilEngineer
10-02-2007, 09:25 AM
The IRS can't be unconstitutional as long as it is in compliance with the 16th Amendment, and the 16th Amendment was ratified. Aaron Russo might disagree, but I haven't heard Ron Paul take that position.

It was not properly ratified. The number of states required to legally ratify it was never met. It should be repealed on this basis alone.

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Former IRS Agent Joe Banister and Ron Paul On CNBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PvaNWrkFeQ&

Former IRS CID Agent Joseph R Banister and presidential candidate Ron Paul discuss the illegality of the income tax on a 2004 edition of CNBC's Special Report with Maria Bartiromo.

fletcher
10-02-2007, 10:28 AM
I've seen all the videos. I still have never seen him call the IRS unconstitutional.

SeanEdwards
10-02-2007, 12:32 PM

It violates the principles of the fifth amendment that is supposed to protect against self-incrimination.

SWATH
10-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I have heard him call it unconstitutional several times, though I can't remember when specifically.