PDA

View Full Version : Paul's campaign expects to raise "substantially more".

Trassin
10-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Boston Globe article (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/10/02/obama_fund_raising_blazes_3d_quarter_trail/?page=1)

But the only presidential candidate in either party who appears to be seriously bucking the trend of a third-quarter drop-off from earlier fund-raising is Representative Ron Paul, the Texas Republican. Paul's campaign expects to raise "substantially more" than the $2.4 million it took in during the second quarter of 2007, spokesman Jesse Benton said.

Primbs
10-02-2007, 06:21 AM
Just as we expected. There should be more stories out like this. That will help propel our fundraising even more. Believe me we are going to need more fundraising.

kylejack
10-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Its the final countdown. This is essentially the last quarter we're entering to make an impact with fund-raising. Primaries may start as early as this quarter due to New Hampshire's obsession (thank goodness) with being first.

Ron Paul Fan
10-02-2007, 06:35 AM
Good. Maybe this will put those $3 million guesstimators to rest. "Substantially more" has to mean substantially more! We could be talking a couple million dollars here! Thank you Jesse Benton for some hope! And please announce the real amount today so we can put all of the speculation to rest!

kylejack
10-02-2007, 06:36 AM
Good. Maybe this will put those $3 million guesstimators to rest. "Substantially more" has to mean substantially more! We could be talking a couple million dollars here! Thank you Jesse Benton for some hope! And please announce the real amount today so we can put all of the speculation to rest!

Eh, settle down, settle down. $600,000 is no insubstantial amount. Let's not fly too high, Icaruses. :)

Trassin
10-02-2007, 07:06 AM
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has a very similar article, except they completely fail to mention Ron Paul. I'm in the middle of my Letter to the Editor as I write this.

Trassin
10-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Here's what I wrote.

Dear Editor,

I was amazed upon reading the article "Democrats maintain fundraising edge" to see that the writer had failed to mention two of the most surprising details to come out of the third quarter fundraising. First being that Ron Paul once again set himself apart from the rest of the presidential candidates by not having the fund raising drop off seen by the rest. Instead Rep. Paul actually raised more money this quarter than in the previous. The second being that Rep. Paul managed to do in seven days what Sen. Edwards couldn't do in ten, raising one million dollars in online donations. I hope that in the future such important details will not be excluded from articles.

TooConservative
10-02-2007, 07:23 AM

We're all impatient but we have to wait a few days to a week for the checks that were mailed to all come in.

The media will give us only one blitz of fundraising splash so we should wait to make it the maximum.

Besides, the other campaigns are getting the spotlight right now with the announcements for their fundraising. When their little blitz is over, we'll be able to generate some news articles on being the surprise breakout campaign in the normally low 3Q fundraising.

Waiting really is better for generating the kind of media coverage which we need.

MsDoodahs
10-02-2007, 08:08 AM
When is the next debate?

Think maybe that figures in to when they'll announce the numbers?

Bradley in DC
10-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Here's what I wrote.

Great! If you haven't sent it in, my only recommendation is to point out that Dr. Paul raises more money every quarter as more people get to know him--unlike all of the other candidates!

Bradley in DC
10-02-2007, 08:12 AM
I put all we know about ours and others fundraising here:
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21634

steph3n
10-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Question about the thermometer.

Does anyone know, is that still counting online donations? I have not given again here in the 4th Q(and I plan to but can't this week)

It is clear that the donation totals are going up, but is it still tied to the donation site interface, or is this possibly staffers adding in mail donations, I have noticed it is really stopping at night, and starting again in the morning but not 100% sure as I did not write totals down.

Maybe someone has given online in the 4th Q and seen their name shortly after, that would be the quickest way to know I guess.

Original_Intent
10-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Eh, settle down, settle down. $600,000 is no insubstantial amount. Let's not fly too high, Icaruses. :)

Well said!

Trassin
10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I just got a call from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and they may be printing my Letter to the Editor in tomorrow's paper. :D

1000-points-of-fright
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM

Shouldn't that be "Icari"?

kylejack
10-02-2007, 03:33 PM

Yes, I initially typed that, but thought I'd confuse too many. ;)

MsDoodahs
10-02-2007, 03:37 PM

lol, that was my EXACT thought when I read it!

GMTA, right? :)

Bradley in DC
10-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Thank you Jesse Benton for some hope! And please announce the real amount today so we can put all of the speculation to rest!

I say, Keep the PUBLIC speculation going for as long as we can milk it! This is about the only way we get MSM coverage!