PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Be Prepared for the Worst

Bruno
10-30-2009, 03:38 PM
http://mensnewsdaily.com/sexandmetro/2009/10/30/ron-paul-be-prepared-for-the-worst/

Friday, October 30, 2009
Be Prepared for the Worst
by Ron Paul

Any number of pundits claim that we have now passed the worst of the recession. Green shoots of recovery are supposedly popping up all around the country, and the economy is expected to resume growing soon at an annual rate of 3% to 4%. Many of these are the same people who insisted that the economy would continue growing last year, even while it was clear that we were already in the beginning stages of a recession.

A false recovery is under way. I am reminded of the outlook in 1930, when the experts were certain that the worst of the Depression was over and that recovery was just around the corner. The economy and stock market seemed to be recovering, and there was optimism that the recession, like many of those before it, would be over in a year or less. Instead, the interventionist policies of Hoover and Roosevelt caused the Depression to worsen, and the Dow Jones industrial average did not recover to 1929 levels until 1954. I fear that our stimulus and bailout programs have already done too much to prevent the economy from recovering in a natural manner and will result in yet another asset bubble.

Anytime the central bank intervenes to pump trillions of dollars into the financial system, a bubble is created that must eventually deflate. We have seen the results of Alan Greenspan’s excessively low interest rates: the housing bubble, the explosion of subprime loans and the subsequent collapse of the bubble, which took down numerous financial institutions. Rather than allow the market to correct itself and clear away the worst excesses of the boom period, the Federal Reserve and the U.S. Treasury colluded to put taxpayers on the hook for trillions of dollars. Those banks and financial institutions that took on the largest risks and performed worst were rewarded with billions in taxpayer dollars, allowing them to survive and compete with their better-managed peers.

This is nothing less than the creation of another bubble. By attempting to cushion the economy from the worst shocks of the housing bubble’s collapse, the Federal Reserve has ensured that the ultimate correction of its flawed economic policies will be more severe than it otherwise would have been. Even with the massive interventions, unemployment is near 10% and likely to increase, foreigners are cutting back on purchases of Treasury debt and the Federal Reserve’s balance sheet remains bloated at an unprecedented $2 trillion. Can anyone realistically argue that a few small upticks in a handful of economic indicators are a sign that the recession is over?

What is more likely happening is a repeat of the Great Depression. We might have up to a year or so of an economy growing just slightly above stagnation, followed by a drop in growth worse than anything we have seen in the past two years. As the housing market fails to return to any sense of normalcy, commercial real estate begins to collapse and manufacturers produce goods that cannot be purchased by debt-strapped consumers, the economy will falter. That will go on until we come to our senses and end this wasteful government spending.

Government intervention cannot lead to economic growth. Where does the money come from for Tarp (Treasury’s program to buy bad bank paper), the stimulus handouts and the cash for clunkers? It can come only from taxpayers, from sales of Treasury debt or through the printing of new money. Paying for these programs out of tax revenues is pure redistribution; it takes money out of one person’s pocket and gives it to someone else without creating any new wealth. Besides, tax revenues have fallen drastically as unemployment has risen, yet government spending continues to increase. As for Treasury debt, the Chinese and other foreign investors are more and more reluctant to buy it, denominated as it is in depreciating dollars.

The only remaining option is to have the Fed create new money out of thin air. This is inflation. Higher prices lead to a devalued dollar and a lower standard of living for Americans. The Fed has already overseen a 95% loss in the dollar’s purchasing power since 1913. If we do not stop this profligate spending soon, we risk hyperinflation and seeing a 95% devaluation every year.

Ron Paul is a Republican congressman from Texas

lester1/2jr
10-30-2009, 03:46 PM
they have tried to deny the recession by inflating. they wanted to see if they could ride it out without cutting their budget and they couldn't.

they are gong to have to face reality.

sevin
10-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Man, the next decade (at least) is going to fvcking suck.

newbitech
10-30-2009, 04:34 PM
@ Ron Paul - nice post!

Bruno, thanks for sharing!

ShowMeLiberty
10-30-2009, 04:43 PM
The federal government and the federal reserve. It's like Halloween every day. The scary part of Halloween - not the fun part.

BlackTerrel
10-30-2009, 04:45 PM
I agree... we are also headed for massive inflation very very soon.

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2009, 04:47 PM
"Be Prepared for the Worst" - is kind of like saying brace for impact.

It would be nice if he had any possitive suggestions for how to prepare.

-t

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-30-2009, 04:48 PM

If our government and the people that dictate our policies were a humble and reasonable lot, well then yes, the next decade or so would really suck.

However, we know that to be far from the case.

Given their track record and the very nature of their characters and policies, combined with the current situation of the world... things could get very serious in the near future.

sevin
10-30-2009, 05:01 PM

-t

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

LibForestPaul
10-30-2009, 05:02 PM
redistributing your money...

he should figure out a better spin...

redistributing your hard work, life, toil... money is too abstract for the sheeple

Sandman33
10-30-2009, 06:06 PM
1. Food
2. Guns to protect your food from the liberals that tried to ban your guns and now want your protection and/or food.
3. Ammunition to feed your guns.
4. Dogs to watch your home and alert you when slimy liberals are trying to steal your stuff.

Once again Ron and Peter Schiff are damn right. It's not only a bullshit recovery, it's about to get a LOT worse real soon.

tpreitzel
10-30-2009, 06:37 PM
The upcoming financial collapse is intentional. When the masses are confronted with looming hyperinflation, extremely high unemployment rates, and high taxes without making any preparations to weather the storm, they'll cave to the wishes of the government within days. The government knows this chaos is coming and has planned a total surveillance society based on a chip-based cashless society. Think of all the retirees living off government pensions. Oh, sure, the retirees will whine a bit, but they'll cave quickly to the demands of the government. The government doesn't need to bring everyone on board with their diabolical plans, just the majority to ensure compliance through snitching, dependency, etc.

A partial way out: Total self-sufficiency in your immediate and local environment from production to monetary independence including the majority of individuals in your community. Kind of bleak, eh?

sevin
10-30-2009, 06:42 PM
1. Food
2. Guns to protect your food from the liberals that tried to ban your guns and now want your protection and/or food.
4. Dogs to watch your home and alert you when slimy liberals are trying to steal your stuff.

Once again Ron and Peter Schiff are damn right. It's not only a bullshit recovery, it's about to get a LOT worse real soon.

Sandman, not that I disagree, but sometimes I think you're craving an all-out collapse. Every time I see you post, I think of a dog salivating.

Dieseler
10-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Mmm mmm mmm.
I want my fucking Zombies.

phill4paul
10-30-2009, 07:00 PM

Agree to disagree. I see it as a very exciting decade. Looking forward to it actually.
The zombiefied acceptance has been going on for far too long. I'm looking forward to the new awakening.

sevin
10-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Agree to disagree. I see it as a very exciting decade. Looking forward to it actually.
The zombiefied acceptance has been going on for far too long. I'm looking forward to the new awakening.

You're probably right.

http://skylinetradeshowtips.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/half-full-glass.jpg

Looks half full to me. :)

Sandman33
10-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Sandman, not that I disagree, but sometimes I think you're craving an all-out collapse. Every time I see you post, I think of a dog salivating.

No sir, I don't want this at all. But I simply cannot ignore the elephant in the room while hoping for sunshine and lolipops.

1. Ron Paul and Peter Schiff are right. There is no end to the recession, only the beginning of the greatest depression ever.

2. 1207 was pretty much our only hope, and it honestly may have been too late anyway looking at just HOW MUCH they have printed. But now that doesn't even matter now that 1207 has been watered down to uselessness.

GM now wants 4 billion MORE dollars...
http://video.forbes.com/Friday/gm-needs-more-money?partner=contextual

3. The federal govt has taken controll of the banking/home industry, the food production and water rights for the nation, and is nearly done taking over our healthcare.

This means that the Fed now "legally" controls every single thing you need to survive and when they finally pull the plug on the dollar and introduce the new "probably global and digital" currency you will have to join the system or die.

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-30-2009, 11:08 PM
No sir, I don't want this at all. But I simply cannot ignore the elephant in the room while hoping for sunshine and lolipops.

1. Ron Paul and Peter Schiff are right. There is no end to the recession, only the beginning of the greatest depression ever.

2. 1207 was pretty much our only hope, and it honestly may have been too late anyway looking at just HOW MUCH they have printed. But now that doesn't even matter now that 1207 has been watered down to uselessness.

GM now wants 4 billion MORE dollars...
http://video.forbes.com/Friday/gm-needs-more-money?partner=contextual

3. The federal govt has taken controll of the banking/home industry, the food production and water rights for the nation, and is nearly done taking over our healthcare.

This means that the Fed now "legally" controls every single thing you need to survive and when they finally pull the plug on the dollar and introduce the new "probably global and digital" currency you will have to join the system or die.

That plan of theirs will fail so don't get too down.

James Madison
10-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Dr. Paul is right again. There is one part that I feel will be very different between the Great Depression and the coming years. The Great Depression was deflationary; this depression will be inflationary and possibly even hyper-stag-inflationary which is bad. Think Zimbabwe bad. Think Second Reich bad.

Carson
10-30-2009, 11:26 PM
People say people of today are overweight.

Time will tell.

AuH20
10-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Erect a fiat money system that eventually collapses under it's own weight. CHECK

Destroy the physical productivity of a nation. CHECK

Erode it's heritage to such a degree that the population no longer has any identity, making it extremely susceptible to indoctrination and bribery. CHECK

Consolidate most of the wealth and natural resources. CHECK

Position the IMF in such a way that it will be the sole organization that can 'SAVE' the American masses from hunger and return a sense of 'normalcy' CHECK

Make no mistake about it. This has been the plan all along. They're just stripmining the remnants of the valley before the final phase is pushed through. A controlled demolition of the United States is occurring.

Dieseler
10-30-2009, 11:42 PM
I see Zombies!
I've been trying to tell you all since I joined this site.
They are here and they are hungry for American flesh.

AuH20
10-31-2009, 12:00 AM
1. Food

Bullets. Finally something the liberals are actually entitled too. ;):D

amonasro
10-31-2009, 12:14 AM
I see Zombies!
I've been trying to tell you all since I joined this site.
They are here and they are hungry for American flesh.

But we have shotguns.

Many, many shotguns.

America will not go down without a fight.

Happy Halloween everyone :)

GunnyFreedom
10-31-2009, 12:17 AM

-t

positive suggestion. Whatever you do, do NOT get in front of this thing:

YouTube - TASER Shockwave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-v81fnY_SY)

GunnyFreedom
10-31-2009, 12:21 AM
http://gizmodo.com/276582/tasers-shockwave-cannon-array-like-many-little-bottles-of-lightning-bolts

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/07/Tasershockwave.png

Coming soon to a G20 protest near you.

I am guessing these will be used to enforce quarantines of the disease and the first amendment speech zone varieties.

Dieseler
10-31-2009, 12:33 AM
http://gizmodo.com/276582/tasers-shockwave-cannon-array-like-many-little-bottles-of-lightning-bolts

I am guessing these will be used to enforce quarantines of the disease and the first amendment speech zone varieties.

When I see an Alien Barbecue grill has landed on my front porch I'll know the gig is up.

devil21
11-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Forbes magazine has picked up this article.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/1116/opinions-great-depression-economy-on-my-mind.html

That tells me the bears in the affluent sector are waking up.

bobbyw24
11-02-2009, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the post, Bruno

krazy kaju
11-02-2009, 07:32 AM
I think that the funny thing here is that the only thing the federal government has to do is produce a surplus. If the government can begin to pay off its debt, then interest rates would naturally fall, making any actions by the Fed practically meaningless. This would also work to prevent inflation, as the Fed would not have to print as much money to keep interest rates low.

So all Obama and the Democrats have to do is keep their promise to balance the budget. That's all. Yet they have taken the opposite course, broken their promises, and produced record budget deficits. This will only make the economy worse.

Björn
11-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Great article. Just connecting some dots here:

"As the housing market fails to return to any sense of normalcy, commercial real estate begins to collapse..."

Article today on TheStreet (http://www.thestreet.com/story/10620146/1/stocks-conflicted-by-news.html):

"Stocks advanced early after a trio of positive surprises economic reports, but gave up those gains after Jon Greenlee, associate director of the Fed's Division of Banking Supervision and Regulation, said U.S. banks are at risk of large new loan losses, particularly on commercial property."

Dark_Horse_Rider
11-02-2009, 06:15 PM
I think that the funny thing here is that the only thing the federal government has to do is produce a surplus. If the government can begin to pay off its debt, then interest rates would naturally fall, making any actions by the Fed practically meaningless. This would also work to prevent inflation, as the Fed would not have to print as much money to keep interest rates low.

So all Obama and the Democrats have to do is keep their promise to balance the budget. That's all. Yet they have taken the opposite course, broken their promises, and produced record budget deficits. This will only make the economy worse.

Kind of makes one wonder if they doing this intentionally ?

They will not get the result they had hoped for either way.

shenlu54
11-02-2009, 09:40 PM
However,this is the Chinese version:http://www.yeeyan.com/articles/view/82893/66449 ,in case if anyone has interested in Chinese.

tangent4ronpaul
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
However,this is the Chinese version:http://www.yeeyan.com/articles/view/82893/66449 ,in case if anyone has interested in Chinese.

Got a version in English?

-t

Anti Federalist
11-02-2009, 09:46 PM

A Taser Claymore.

Well, ain't that just fuckin' ducky.:mad:

Carson
11-02-2009, 11:27 PM
A Taser Claymore.

I wonder how it is for fishing?

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 08:09 AM
A Taser Claymore.

It even says "this side towards enemy"

ENEMY!

WTF, over?

The only possible uses for this thing that I can imagine amongst the police...are all bad. :mad:

Anti Federalist
11-03-2009, 11:04 AM

ENEMY!

WTF, over?

The only possible uses for this thing that I can imagine amongst the police...are all bad. :mad:

Oh fuck me, your kidding right?

You got a close up picture of that?

No shit, WTF, over.

Bruno
11-03-2009, 11:05 AM

ENEMY!

WTF, over?

Solution: Move sticker to the other side of the device. :D

lx43
11-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Ron Paul talked about this today on Freedom Watch.