PDA

View Full Version : Why are people focusing on 2012? We still have to focus on 2010!

jmdrake
10-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Seriously folks. We are still in the middle of a current election system! Even if Ron Paul was 50 and definitely planning to run it would be stupid for him to announce now. Because people would hold on to resources that could better be spent helping the current crop of liberty candidates including his own son! Yes we all dream of taking the Whitehouse, but right now getting Rand and other candidates elected to the house, senate is far more important. Think about it. If Rand wins this movement will be impossible to ignore. Yeah it's fun to speculate about who might be the next "standard bearer" or if Ron will still be able to carry the ball, but let's be real. If we don't get wins under our belt in 2010 then 2012 if going to be a really hard year.

Bruno
10-30-2009, 01:00 PM
There has been a lot of talk recently, but i don't know how much "focus" there has been. No one is pulling resources from Rand, in other words, that I have seen.

AuH20
10-30-2009, 01:01 PM
If Rand somehow wins the nomination, would the party go as far to pull the plug on him? Not that far-fetched.

jmdrake
10-30-2009, 01:06 PM
There has been a lot of talk recently, but i don't know how much "focus" there has been. No one is pulling resources from Rand, in other words, that I have seen.

My point was if Ron made an announcement (he's not) people would start holding onto funds. That said I did see someone say he was "saving his money" for a Ron run in one of these threads. And people are free to do with their funds what they will. But we do need to keep in mind that there is a real election cycle going on right now.

jmdrake
10-30-2009, 01:07 PM
If Rand somehow wins the nomination, would the party go as far to pull the plug on him? Not that far-fetched.

I couldn't imagine that. If they did all hell would break loose.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-30-2009, 01:16 PM
I think Ron Paul announcing now would be great for these Liberty Candidates. He would bring attention to himself, which he could then divert to others. Think of the press Rand would get, not to mention Medina, Schiff, and Kokesh. I could be wrong, but we'll see.