PDA

View Full Version : Supporting many candidates for minimal money

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2009, 12:45 PM
It would be pretty easy to streatch limited resources and support many candidates.

There is a list of 912 candidates, a list of liberty candidates and one other out there. Develop a platform that both Repubs and Dems could support - things like repealing the patriot act and bringing our troops home, etc. Then see how many of these candidates would sign on to the "coalition"

Develop radio/TV ads and fliers that cover the issues but are candidate / party independent. For broadcast media - short clip of candidate at end. Could also get pretty good discounts for bulk advertizing buys, for print - because we're talking huge print runs the per-copy costs gets downright cheap on a web press. They could be customized during printing or via a rubber stamp.

Likewise, "cells" could be set up for material production. The cost of a T-shirt screen printer starts looking pretty good compaired to commercial orders for T-shirts by 50 candidates. Maybe a couple of Meetups coud buy a bunch of button machines and beacuse they are making so many, get deep discounts on the materials, etc.

For websites, co-host a server and set them up cookie-cutter style, one per candidate, but link all the other sites on each one. That may get higher search rankings via google.

Do fundraising and grassroots organizing seperatly from the candidates.

-t

wizardwatson
10-30-2009, 01:16 PM
You again!!! LOL.

See, I totally agree with the Dem/Repub alliance/coalition idea. That's why I see a very flexible, lightweight, organizationally uninhibited network of volunteers/pledgers/community activists at the bottom. We need to push out all these one-issue type people to the edges of the movement. At the core is the internet, the hard-core volunteers and a slimmed-down only-whats-necessary strategic vision/plan.

The network/organization itself will be concerned with all the basic stuff that everyone ignores in their rush to be part of this grand change they want to happen. Creating an identity system, for instance, that is not only the basis of goods/needs/services, but is also the future seed of a new type of monetary system.

Lot's of potential, but we need a small cadre of doers to get it started. I know Deb K is interested but she's out with back problems right now. I'm willing to throw time and money into this, whereas I don't feel that my time is well spent participating willy nilly in these current campaigns. I'd rather research better methods if that is the only option.

denvervoipguru
10-30-2009, 10:16 PM
This is right-on.

Must be all about driving everyone to one website and the brand should
convey, "More Liberty less Politics"...Come to our website to see candidates vetted by your peers

In fact..."libertynotpolitics.com" is available.