PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for where to start the Nashville Ron Paul Pub Crawl

Trassin
10-02-2007, 01:37 AM
There is going to be a Pre-Nashville rally Ron Paul Pub Crawl. Not being from Nashville myself though we need suggestions as to where to start it or even what route to take.

At the moment I'm thinking the 2nd avenue and Broadway area in downtown Nashville but that is as far as I have gotten.

So Nashvillians(?), where should we go for the pub crawl?

Demonbreun St is a good place to start
Should we start at that and 2nd? Then head up towards broadway?

Trassin
10-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Bump, now that everyone's awake.

Matt Collins
10-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Demonbreun Street has a couple of bars.... Also I think there are some bars on 21st ave. These two locations are where most of the locals hang out.

Otherwise I would say Broadway which is where the tourists typically flock to. It's kinda the main strip in town.

RonPaulFever
10-02-2007, 08:33 AM
2nd and Broadway was what first popped into my mind, so I say go for it!

Trassin
10-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Okay, I'm going to go with 2nd and Broadway. Then we can either work up 2nd or Broadway, depending on which looks to have the bigger crowd on it.

ConstitutionGal
10-02-2007, 02:17 PM
If you're driving, I'd start at 2nd Ave., go up Broadway, cross over to Demonbreun, then back over to Broadway, go down to RiverFront park, turn around there and maybe do it all again.

For a walking type crawl, I'd stick to 2nd Ave., / lower Broad. That's were all the people are on the weekends.

Trassin
10-02-2007, 02:19 PM
If you're driving, I'd start at 2nd Ave., go up Broadway, cross over to Demonbreun, then back over to Broadway, go down to RiverFront park, turn around there and maybe do it all again.

For a walking type crawl, I'd stick to 2nd Ave., / lower Broad. That's were all the people are on the weekends.

Definitely walking.

ConstitutionGal
10-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Definitely walking.
Then stick to 2nd Ave., and lower Broad (maybe even down to Riverfront Park)....that's only about 5 blocks (3 up and down Broad and 2 up 2nd)

kylejack
10-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Make sure to actively solicit people along the way! What an amazing thing it would be to see hundreds of non-political people looking for a fun time to get led pied-piper style to the good doctor, thereby activating them as passionate activists!

ConstitutionGal
10-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Something to keep in mind is that Tennessee has just been forced to go "no smoking allowed" in every business that EVER allows anyone under 21 through the doors (unless they have an outside patio or something where they can still allow smoking). People and bar owners are TICKED about it so Dr. Paul's views on private property rights could be a BIG issue to bring up in conversations (especially with those out on the sidewalks taking smoke breaks).

Trassin
10-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Something to keep in mind is that Tennessee has just been forced to go "no smoking allowed" in every business that EVER allows anyone under 21 through the doors (unless they have an outside patio or something where they can still allow smoking). People and bar owners are TICKED about it so Dr. Paul's views on private property rights could be a BIG issue to bring up in conversations (especially with those out on the sidewalks taking smoke breaks).

Great idea, thx.

I'll probably throw a couple of the buttons in my pocket so I can hand those out to people who are interested. I wish I had some more of the wristbands but ran out after the last campus blitz.

Again, anyone that is interested in joining us and keeping up to date on any changes, here is the facebook link for the event.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=6140341179

If interest gets high enough I'll ask the local meetup group to create a meetup for it also.

ConstitutionGal
10-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm in the local meetup group and so is Matt that has posted on this thread. When are you planning to do it exactly?

Trassin
10-02-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm in the local meetup group and so is Matt that has posted on this thread. When are you planning to do it exactly?

I was thinking 9:00, Friday night. I'm going to try and leave early in the afternoon and should be able to make it down there by then. I figure anyone that gets there later can come out and join us.

I also sent a message to the head of the Nashville meetup group letting him know about it.

ConstitutionGal
10-02-2007, 02:41 PM
I was thinking 9:00, Friday night. I'm going to try and leave early in the afternoon and should be able to make it down there by then. I figure anyone that gets there later can come out and join us.

I also sent a message to the head of the Nashville meetup group letting him know about it.
I'll double check with HER ;0 and see if we can't get it posted although the meetup group is pretty busy right now with trying to make sure everything is in line for Saturday's events. Some of our 'younger' folks may have the energy to participate in a crawl on Friday night though.

Trassin
10-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I'll double check with HER ;0 and see if we can't get it posted although the meetup group is pretty busy right now with trying to make sure everything is in line for Saturday's events. Some of our 'younger' folks may have the energy to participate in a crawl on Friday night though.

Awesome, thx.

BarryDonegan
10-02-2007, 03:29 PM
im going to run for city council in a year or so from now, probably under the libertarian party, and that's an issue im planning on using to my benefit :).

i'm going to go around to local business and find out which laws and codes get in the way of their profitability and snag a little funding from them once i tell them im going to vote against regulation of business.

Trassin
10-02-2007, 03:47 PM
im going to run for city council in a year or so from now, probably under the libertarian party, and that's an issue im planning on using to my benefit :).

i'm going to go around to local business and find out which laws and codes get in the way of their profitability and snag a little funding from them once i tell them im going to vote against regulation of business.

Awesome.

ConstitutionGal
10-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Awesome.
Trassin, I have just sent you a private message about the bar crawl. Please check it and let me know what you think.....

ConstitutionGal
10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
I've just posted this event to the Nashville Meetup group's email and calendar. Let me know if I need to change anything.

Trassin
10-02-2007, 09:21 PM
We've got a meetup going for it now through the Nashville Meetup!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/69/calendar/6473959/

Matt Collins
10-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Bitchin!

Trassin
10-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Bitchin!

I'm noticing a theme in your most recent posts, Matt. lol

Matt Collins
10-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Bump

Ann Kobialka
10-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Have copies of "introducing the Tax Free Tips Act" to give to the bartenders and waitresses. Ann

Matt Collins
10-03-2007, 02:42 PM
All female RP supporters coming to the rally can stay at my apartment (for free) :p

Trassin
10-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Have copies of "introducing the Tax Free Tips Act" to give to the bartenders and waitresses. Ann

Wow, I hadn't thought about that, thanks Ann. Do you know if Rep. Paul has written any articles or done any speaches on the house floor concerning it?

Matt Collins
10-05-2007, 09:11 PM
http://nashvilleforronpaul.com/images/flyer.jpg

http://NashvilleForRonPaul.com/ (http://nashvilleforronpaul.com/)