PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh just woke up millions

teacherone
10-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Awesome Limbaugh rant on the GDP numbers in which he debunked the Keynesian multiplier and attributed the upswing in GDP to government spending, debt, and the fed printing trillions.

Transcript not up yet--but we was on fire.

ravedown
10-29-2009, 11:43 AM
did he mention Bush?

Chester Copperpot
10-29-2009, 11:45 AM
baby steps..

Oyate
10-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Limbaugh debunk? Hmmmm......doubt it. Whatever the case he has no credibility.

Dieseler
10-29-2009, 11:49 AM
I think he does.

Peace&Freedom
10-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Every now and then Rush gives off vibes that seemingly indicates he now regrets selling out his soul to the GOP leadership in the early '90's. His spat with Steele, his lamenting what the Republican leadership had wrought, etc. show he knows what time it is. Rush bought into the the party of Lincoln will save us line, but now sees he was sold a bill of good by the ruthless Bush-Harriman club. He also knows he can't now get up and bolt from the hogs, because everybody would see his fleas.

Ethek
10-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Every now and then Rush gives off vibes that seemingly indicates he now regrets selling out his soul to the GOP leadership in the early '90's. His spat with Steele, his lamenting what the Republican leadership had wrought, etc. show he knows what time it is. Rush bought into the the party of Lincoln will save us line, but now sees he was sold a bill of good by the ruthless Bush-Harriman club. He also knows he can't now get up and bolt from the hogs, because everybody would see his fleas.

I think that Rush reads Karl Denninger at the market ticker.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-29-2009, 12:12 PM
I think that Rush reads Karl Denninger at the market ticker.

Karl Denninger is awesome. Shameless plug :D

AdamT
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
At $400 million a year he's a controlled asset.

johnrocks
10-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Rush is most excellent up to the "War on terror", I give him some credit for at least having Walter Williams fill in for hm occasionally.

FindLiberty
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
...I give him some credit for at least having Walter Williams fill in for hm occasionally.

Limbaugh ... he has no credibility.

... he's a controlled asset.

And maybe he's slightly out of control... well, no, not really. Probly' trying to re-gain traction
with all those unhappy with the gop and fed up with the old left/right crap that he usually spews.

If he gets too far out of control, the white house will just call him in (again) for a talk'n to.
(He sure toned down his spew last time that happened!)

jmdrake
10-29-2009, 12:49 PM
I think if you go back to the Clinton years you'll see Limbaugh using similar arguments to say the economy wasn't as good as being stated. The Bush comes in and he forgets all that. If/when another republican is in the Whitehouse he'll be making more government friendly arguments. "Wake me up" when Limbaugh starts going after Bush for something other than amnesty.

Working Poor
10-29-2009, 01:03 PM
I predict that when Rush and Alan Jones are saying the same thing that the end is near.:)

jmdrake
10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
I predict that when Rush and Alan Jones are saying the same thing that the end is near.:)

Both Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones were vehemently anti Clinton. Jones was anti Bush while Limbaugh became a Bush cheerleader. Now their both anti Obama. Should McCain / Palin / fill-in-the-blank-with-the-neocon-of-the-day becomes president Jones will be against him or her...and Limbaugh? Take a guess. :(

moostraks
10-29-2009, 01:25 PM

lol...I thought I heard Limbaugh say something regarding the flu vaccine being designed to kill the other day thanks for backing that up for me Ron_Paul_Knows! I was beginning to doubt my sanity (no comments needed folks!) and thought the same thing you just said Working Poor!:p

erowe1
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Awesome Limbaugh rant on the GDP numbers in which he debunked the Keynesian multiplier and attributed the upswing in GDP to government spending, debt, and the fed printing trillions.

Transcript not up yet--but we was on fire.

He says that kind of true stuff all the time, interspersed with bunches of false stuff that he also says all the time. If it never woke up the millions who listen to him before, why will it wake them up now?

jmdrake
10-29-2009, 02:02 PM
I think this might be the clip you are talking about, he says the GDP numbers are phony:
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200910290016 (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200910290016)

Apparently Media Matters thinks this is some kind of outlandish statement or something. I go to Media Matters everyday actually, just to find out everything cool that Beck or Limbaugh said during the day. Last week Rush said the H1N1 vaccine might be designed to kill people, which is probably the coolest thing he ever said. Here is that clip, its worth listening to:
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200910220033 (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200910220033)

Ok. Now this is interesting. (H1N1 quote). You also had Michael Savage some months ago claiming that Obama might stage a false flag terror attack to justify marshal law. Now if either of these jokers would take the next logical step....

Bucjason
10-29-2009, 02:45 PM
The common cold has worse symptoms than H1N1...it's weak as hell.

Anyone who is not 80 years old or pregnant that bothers to get this vaccine is an idiot.

talkingpointes
10-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Enough about Beck and Limbaugh. Don't some of you get that they are only unhappy because their guys are not in office. So they're are going to be more willing to say these things, because this is the true base of the party. Rush has had and Rand and Ron on his program how many times -- 0 times.

Stary Hickory
10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Rush has a real talent for breaking things down and destroying propaganda. The problem is he is only about 70% right. He is to Neoconish to be of much help. Sometimes he can nail something, if he gets it right he can be devastating.

I wish he would come around a little more to what the founding fathers envisioned. The problem with Rush is if there was Republican in the White House he would not be bashing the GDP numbers but presenting them as evidence of a recovery.

So yeah he is dead on, on this one, but he only went after it because there was a Democrat in the WH.

evilfunnystuff
10-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Rush has a real talent for breaking things down and destroying propaganda. The problem is he is only about 70% right. He is to Neoconish to be of much help. Sometimes he can nail something, if he gets it right he can be devastating.

I wish he would come around a little more to what the founding fathers envisioned. The problem with Rush is if there was Republican in the White House he would not be bashing the GDP numbers but presenting them as evidence of a recovery.

So yeah he is dead on, on this one, but he only went after it because there was a Democrat in the WH.

yup