PDA

View Full Version : Deadspin: Excerpts From The Book The NBA Doesn't Want You To Read

Galileo Galilei
10-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Deadspin: Excerpts From The Book The NBA Doesn't Want You To Read

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

EXPERT DISCUSSION HERE:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137891

"The 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Sacramento Kings presents a stunning example of game and series manipulation at its ugliest. As the teams prepared for Game 6 at the Staples Center, Sacramento had a 3–2 lead in the series. The referees assigned to work Game 6 were Dick Bavetta, Bob Delaney (former undercover FBI agent), and Ted Bernhardt. As soon as the referees for the game were chosen, the rest of us knew immediately that there would be a Game 7. A prolonged series was good for the league, good for the networks, and good for the game. Oh, and one more thing: it was great for the big-market, star-studded Los Angeles Lakers.

In the pregame meeting prior to Game 6, the league office sent down word that certain calls-calls that would have benefitted the Lakers — were being missed by the referees. This was the type of not-so-subtle information that I and other referees were left to interpret. After receiving the dispatch, Bavetta openly talked about the fact that the league wanted a Game 7.

"If we give the benefit of the calls to the team that's down in the series, nobody's going to complain. The series will be even at three apiece, and then the better team can win Game 7," Bavetta stated.

As history shows, Sacramento lost Game 6 in a wild come-from-behind thriller that saw the Lakers repeatedly sent to the foul line by the referees. For other NBA referees watching the game on television, it was a shameful performance by Bavetta's crew, one of the most poorly officiated games of all time."

"The 2002 series certainly wasn't the first or last time Bavetta weighed in on an important game. He also worked Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and the Trail Blazers. The Lakers were down by 13 at the start of the fourth quarter when Bavetta went to work. The Lakers outscored Portland 31–13 in the fourth quarter and went on to win the game and the series. It certainly didn't hurt the Lakers that they got to shoot 37 free throws compared to a paltry 16 for the Trail Blazers."

ONE OF THE BEST VIDEOS OF ALL TIME:

NBA: Where Rigged Games Happens
YouTube - NBA: Where Rigged Games Happens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4t5RMFt5u8&feature=player_embedded)

Note - The voice of Ralph Nader is in the background. BoB Delaney, the ref who lets Kobe Bryant take Mike Bibby's head off, is a former undercover FBI agent.

The anti-small market NBA conspiracy against teams like the Kings, Spurs and Bucks has been exposed!

Chester Copperpot
10-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Basketball.. what the hell is that.. I dont got no time for these games... We got the real game on all the time with reality.

Galileo Galilei
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Basketball.. what the hell is that.. I dont got no time for these games... We got the real game on all the time with reality.

Mass Media Manipulation is reality. The Ron Paul movement needs to reach the masses.

sevin
10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm a Lakers fan, and even I thought the refs in that game were a disgrace.

Galileo Galilei
10-29-2009, 12:50 PM
People here oppose the force of government, right?

Well, the NBA is using bogus "libel" laws to suppress Donaghy's book. These same bogus laws suppress massive corruption in government. The Founding Fathers always expected massive government corruption to be exposed because of a free press. But we have an unfree press because of these laws, and hence, we have a massive and corrupt government.