PDA

View Full Version : Convincing the unmotivated.

Tyler19
10-01-2007, 10:17 PM
What is the best way to get the non-political, uneducated, unmotivated, uncaring people to register and vote in the primaries?

mrchubbs
10-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Fear?

It works for the neo-cons. :-)

BLS
10-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Tell them they have a ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE TO ELECT SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT US.

pyrazole2
10-01-2007, 10:26 PM
ah, who cares?

LOL.

10thAmendmentMan
10-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Find out the source of the apathy and point out how Ronnie addresses that problem.

Jon S
10-01-2007, 10:33 PM
punch em in the head!

itsnobody
10-01-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't know just get the Ron Paul Revolution excitement and fire into them...take them to some Ron Paul event maybe

RP4ME
10-01-2007, 10:44 PM
I second fear - fear is extremely motivating! Talk about who we ar efacing a depression, that the dollar si lilkley to collpase how we print money to avoid taxation so we can do things liek go to war - thats we are wioing out the middle class - Big brotha Im meaan we can outdo the Neocons if you think about it...then they will be asking qws and you can teach!!!!!

State teh problem.....create the pain.....What will you do if that happens, paint a picture of what it looks like, PAIN PAIN PAIN, then

ahhhhhh The Doctor with teh Solution!
Done!
Apathy destroyed!

FrankRep
10-02-2007, 05:27 AM
What is the best way to get the non-political, uneducated, unmotivated, uncaring people to register and vote in the primaries?

Ron Paul will end the Drug War?

:D

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 07:39 AM
I don't know just get the Ron Paul Revolution excitement and fire into them...take them to some Ron Paul event maybe

I wish it were that easy. I took my brother to hear Ron Paul when he was here in town and he STILL won't get active. He used to be fired up about freedom and was very supportive of Libertarian candidates and ideas, but something happened over the years and he's become completely apathetic apparently. I'm still working on him though!

micahnelson
10-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Fear? Fear leads to hate, hate leads to suffering... suffering leads to the dark side...

Ninja Homer
10-02-2007, 08:24 AM

First, you figure out what motivates them. Ask them about their family, then their occupation, then their recreation. Somewhere in there, they are going to tell you exactly what's wrong in their life... how they'd like their life to be different.

Second, you tell them exactly how Ron Paul is going to fix their problem.

Third, you tell them where they can find out more about Ron Paul.

Fourth, you follow up with them, and keep following up with them until they are ready to support Ron Paul.

Fifth, you teach them how to recruit more people.

That's the basic outline, and it works almost every time. Let me know if you want me to go into more detail. The key to the first step is to ask simple questions then just shut your mouth and let them talk, and really listen to what they're saying. Most people love to talk about themselves, and nobody ever really listens to them. Besides getting more votes for Ron Paul, you'll also make a lot of friends along the way using this method.