PDA

View Full Version : CIA Exposed To Be Funding Afghanistan's Number One Drug Lord!

Reason
10-28-2009, 11:25 PM
1:40 into the clip is the story

YouTube - CIA Funding Afghanistan's Number One Drug Lord! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN0N7PSAE2o)

Dieseler
10-28-2009, 11:35 PM
We need to pull out of Afghanistan before the Taliban evicts us..
Our war there is really putting a huge damper on the CIA's Drug business.

Akus
10-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Wait, I thought Nancy Reagan told me to just say no. I'm confused.

anaconda
10-28-2009, 11:59 PM
The CIA needs to end. Completely. Intelligence gathering can be done by the military. Multiply this situation times 1000 and we probably have a realistic picture of the CIA world wide. They make me want to puke and shameful to be an American.

Reason
10-29-2009, 02:11 AM
Wait, I thought Nancy Reagan told me to just say no. I'm confused.

:D

devil21
10-29-2009, 05:08 AM
Always amazes me how people can ever question whether the CIA is involved in any and all overseas events. NOTHING would surprise me as being CIA. NOTHING.

But I wonder why this info was released. Qui bono? Only thing I can think of is that Obama's team wants a different Pres of Afghanistan so it's time to out the connection they've known about the whole time to give the opposition candidate a bump going into the run-off election. They want the challenger. But then why the challenger instead of the incumbent?

Naraku
10-29-2009, 02:13 PM
The CIA needs to end. Completely. Intelligence gathering can be done by the military. Multiply this situation times 1000 and we probably have a realistic picture of the CIA world wide. They make me want to puke and shameful to be an American.

Do you really think the military will be more pleasant?

Mini-Me
10-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Always amazes me how people can ever question whether the CIA is involved in any and all overseas events. NOTHING would surprise me as being CIA. NOTHING.

But I wonder why this info was released. Qui bono? Only thing I can think of is that Obama's team wants a different Pres of Afghanistan so it's time to out the connection they've known about the whole time to give the opposition candidate a bump going into the run-off election. They want the challenger. But then why the challenger instead of the incumbent?

Hahaha, I'm with you here. :) I read the title and thought, "Wait, you mean there are still people who don't take this kind of stuff for granted?"

Considering how intertwined the CIA is with the MSM though, I think you're right...there has to be some kind of reason they let this out.

Far be it from me to support practically any executive power whatsoever, but I imagine anaconda's reasoning is that the military chain of command is more accountable to the President and therefore the public (indirectly). The CIA seems to be pretty much an independent monster of its own and pretty unaccountable to anything even remotely resembling an elected official.

roho76
10-29-2009, 02:22 PM
"These attacks on innocent people are cowardly" Clinton

I suppose the million or so Iraqi civilians who are dead because of US weapons agree with you madam secretary.

Bruno
10-29-2009, 02:23 PM
lol @ "Big Poppy" on the graphic

Bruno
10-29-2009, 02:24 PM

I suppose the million or so Iraqi civilians who are dead because of US weapons agree with you madam secretary.

So is sending in drones to do the work of soldiers, at least in the eyes of the victims.

devil21
10-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Clinton's monologue just astounds me for the level of hypocrisy. I mean, a Taliban leader could literally have stood in front of a camera and said the EXACT SAME THING about the US gov't and been correct.

anaconda
10-29-2009, 05:52 PM

I dunno. I was thinking more accountable, controllable, and with budget transparency. Less connections between the military and the banking cartels. But I appreciate your point. Perhaps it would make no difference whatsoever.:(

dannno
10-29-2009, 05:56 PM
I for one am not surprised at all. In fact I'd be really surprised if I'd found out they were not the #1 drug lord.

This has been happening since the 1970s, and even earlier probably.

In South America, our CIA would bring drugs from these countries into the US and sell them on the streets. They would then take the proceeds and buy weapons and fund paramilitaries in South America that were on their side so they could fight these battles down there without using the US military.

dannno
10-29-2009, 06:02 PM
I for one am not surprised at all. In fact I'd be really surprised if I'd found out they were not the #1 drug lord.

This has been happening since the 1970s, and even earlier probably.

In South America, our CIA would bring drugs from these countries into the US and sell them on the streets. They would then take the proceeds and buy weapons and fund paramilitaries in South America that were on their side so they could fight these battles down there without using the US military.

I just watched the youtube and that is precisely what Rachel described is happening today. I knew this was going on from the beginning. Don't kid yourself, Al Qaeda is a drug ring operated by the CIA. It has nothing to do with terrorism, they are a tool of the elite who are occasionally used as patsy's for CIA terror plots including 9/11.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Don't end the CIA. there are two legitimate actions the CIA can take. First is intelligence gathering and the second is counter-intelligence operations.

The problem is when it expands into covert operations. Those are empirically ineffective and often blur the line of morality. It leads to corruption. It is a bad road.

But we definitely need intelligence in a world where other countries also gather intelligence and aren't so afraid to use covert ops. Thus CIA could be limited to intelligence and counter-intelligence.

The heart of the problem is that the CIA has no clearly defined mission. Its authority rests inextricably on the authority of presidential power alone. This leads to mission creep when there is no given mission to begin with.

Liberty Star
10-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Timing of this leak is very interesting.

Who leaked it now and why?

devil21
10-30-2009, 12:56 AM
It's really only a MSM leak. This info has been floating around for quite awhile. I've read it many times before elsewhere. But definitely interesting why the NYT and MSNBC is picking it up.

Bruno
10-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Timing of this leak is very interesting.

Who leaked it now and why?

He all but implicated McChrystal in leaking it.

RideTheDirt
10-30-2009, 01:47 AM
Don't end the CIA. there are two legitimate actions the CIA can take. First is intelligence gathering and the second is counter-intelligence operations.

The problem is when it expands into covert operations. Those are empirically ineffective and often blur the line of morality. It leads to corruption. It is a bad road.

But we definitely need intelligence in a world where other countries also gather intelligence and aren't so afraid to use covert ops. Thus CIA could be limited to intelligence and counter-intelligence.

The heart of the problem is that the CIA has no clearly defined mission. Its authority rests inextricably on the authority of presidential power alone. This leads to mission creep when there is no given mission to begin with.
Why can't the military gather intelligence.

devil21
11-05-2009, 06:02 AM
Looks like the reason for the info dissemination has come out. Will Obama actually follow through if the ultimatum fails?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/Afghanistan/article6901770.ece

President Karzai has six months to sideline his brother and reduce corruption or risk losing American support, Afghan officials have told The Times.

Senior palace insiders said that President Obama delivered the ultimatum when he congratulated Mr Karzai on his re-election on Monday. Top of his demands was action against corruption, the appointment of “reform-minded ministers” and several high-profile scalps to prove Mr Karzai’s commitment to cleaning up his Government.

“If he doesn’t meet the conditions within six months, Obama has told him America will pull out,” said an official with access to Mr Karzai’s inner circle. “Obama said they don’t want their soldiers’ lives wasted for nothing. They want changes in Cabinet, and changes in his personal staff.”

It is extremely unlikely that British troops would stay in Afghanistan if US forces were withdrawn.

The President’s half-brother, Ahmed Wali Karzai, has repeatedly denied claims that he controls Afghanistan’s billion-dollar heroin trade. As head of Kandahar’s provincial council, he is the main powerbroker in the south of the country, but the President has refused to remove him, insisting that there is no proof of wrongdoing.

In his acceptance speech yesterday, Mr Karzai vowed to eradicate the “dark stain of corruption”, which he admitted had undermined faith in his regime. But Mr Obama had earlier cautioned: “The proof is not going to be in words; it’s going to be in deeds.”

Afghan officials said that there were efforts to find Wali Karzai a new position. “There have been talks to find a new term of reference for the President’s brother,” said one. One option would be to send him abroad.

The American Embassy is understood to have warned Mr Karzai it will start collecting evidence against Wali Karzai if he is not removed from Kandahar. “They want tangible progress over the next three to six months on corruption, the culture of impunity and rising crime,” said a senior Western analyst with close links to the State Department.

“They have told Karzai they are going to start collecting evidence and if he doesn’t act on it, they will go public. We’ve never been able to back up our claims about his brother, or any of the commanders, with evidence. Now when we say something, we’ll show the smoking gun and say, ‘Arrest him’.”

An embassy official said Washington wanted proof that Mr Karzai was taking the challenges “as seriously as we are”. Last week Wali Karzai denied fresh allegations that he has been on the CIA payroll for much of the past eight years. The claims, in The New York Times, prompted the Republican Senator John McCain to demand he be sent into exile.

The allegations have also exposed tensions between the State Department, which wants people like Wali Karzai removed, and the secret intelligence agencies that rely on morally dubious partners to get things done.

Wali Karzai, who campaigned for his brother in Kandahar, celebrated their victory yesterday with a feast for a thousand people at his home.

Diplomats said the milestones for Mr Karzai’s progress would be agreed at a conference in Kabul immediately after his inauguration. A second conference, six months later, will be convened to measure achievement. If Mr Karzai doesn’t meet his targets, several options are being considered, including scaling back the military presence.

Mr Obama is due to make a decision on whether to send up to 40,000 more troops in the coming weeks. General Stanley McChrystal, the US commander in Afghanistan, requested reinforcements to mount a counter-insurgency strategy. Others in the White House, including Joe Biden, the Vice-President, favour using foreign forces and relying on unmanned drones and Special Forces raids to target terrorist training camps.

The allegation of a drug lord being connected directly to the CIA shouldn't surprise anyone. This has been the case in every major drug producing nation. The CIA controls both the heroin and cocaine trades and the money generated is used for off-the-books black operations. Considering the history, I have to conclude that Obama doesn't actually care about the drug trade and/or CIA issue. Sounds more like an excuse to scale the operation back in anticipation of gov't cash flow problems (and the domestic unrest that would soon follow). But I'll be the first to give Obama two thumbs up for getting the hell out of that country if he follows through.