PDA

View Full Version : Why is this forum not on....

ross11988
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
The offical campaign webstie? Wouldnt it help network and bring more people into the meetup groups and stuff? They all the links to Youtube, Meetup, Facebook.... why not to the forums?

steph3n
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Look at some of the stuff here, they can't endorse it :) It is a GRASS roots site in full

TruePatriot44
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
The offical campaign webstie? Wouldnt it help network and bring more people into the meetup groups and stuff? They all the links to Youtube, Meetup, Facebook.... why not to the forums?

I think the site would crash and burn :eek:

Zydeco
10-01-2007, 10:07 PM
We are independent, decentralized as all things should be!

Go Josh! Fight the man, even if the man is Thomas Jefferson or Ron Paul

ctb619
10-01-2007, 10:11 PM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1813333988

voortrekker
10-01-2007, 10:27 PM
We are independent, decentralized as all things should be!

Go Josh! Fight the man, even if the man is Thomas Jefferson or Ron Paul

YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Bryan
10-01-2007, 10:28 PM
I think the site would crash and burn :eek:
:) We're getting a new server and SW upgrade. Otherwise, we will be what we are and have say on the matter. :)

fletcher
10-01-2007, 10:46 PM
The last thing the campaign would want is connection to a forum with constant promotion of 9/11 conspiracy theories.

itsnobody
10-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah this site is too grassroots and also it has some contreversial content

born2drv
10-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I still think a forum is very appropriate.... it doesn't have to be this one... they can out right say that the website's official forum is to be used to discuss news only or maybe a Q&A thing where people post questions and we vote on them and Paul answers 1 a week or something that gets the most votes.... they can also remove any controversial posts not consistent with Paul's philosophy or campaign.

Then the members there can just "hint" of this website and suggest members come here for the grassroots stuff.

Ron Paul Fan
10-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't think it's appropriate. Someone would have to be monitoring it 24/7 and it just wouldn't work. It would do more harm to Dr. Paul than good. If we all found these forums then other people should be able too. I don't see what's wrong with this one. I think this is a great forum and should continue to serve the Ron Paul grassroots campaign. We don't need an official forum! If they put up an official one on the website, this one would suffer because all of our members would leave. If it was a mistake to go, then it's a mistake to stay. Don't let them take this forum away from you Josh! You founded it and you should continue to run it, not the campaign! If you need help defending it you know where to find me!

austin356
10-01-2007, 11:24 PM
I wish we could get linked but.........

There are too many things that are problems, largest being campaign connection (fec) and things that are discussed here and how they are discussed.

If we had some type of integrated system that combines the meetup technology, forum technology, a PAC, a very small overhead for management, and a few other smaller things I think we would be better off.

Though things are not always exactly as you want them.

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 07:54 AM
I definitely don't think this site should be linked to the official site. Nor should ANY of the grassroots stuff be co-opted or connected to the official site.

nexalacer
10-02-2007, 07:58 AM
I still think a forum is very appropriate.... it doesn't have to be this one... they can out right say that the website's official forum is to be used to discuss news only or maybe a Q&A thing where people post questions and we vote on them and Paul answers 1 a week or something that gets the most votes.... they can also remove any controversial posts not consistent with Paul's philosophy or campaign.

Then the members there can just "hint" of this website and suggest members come here for the grassroots stuff.

LOL a forum on the main site would require so much moderation, it wouldn't be economically feasible. This forum is fine for those that are interested and the main site is good for the mainstreamers :)

10thAmendmentMan
10-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Some of the nuts we have in this forum would scare away people trying to learn about Ron.

Politeia
10-02-2007, 08:34 AM
The Lord and Satan were walking along one day, discussing the state of the world. Suddenly the Lord bent down and picked up something from the path, a little shiny jewel-like object.

"What's that?" Satan asked.

"It's the Truth," the Lord answered.

"Oh, great," Satan said. "Give it here, I'll organize it for you."

-----------------------------
The genius and the joy of the Ron Paul Revolution is its spontaneity; the campaign embodies in itself the very essence of the free market: that the world works best when everyone is left alone to run es own life. The best, most alive and creative order arises of itself.

But there seems to be this impulse that arises in the minds of most people: we can't let well enough alone. When we see something spontaneously working well, we think it can be improved by organizing it.

Thomas Jefferson famously said, "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance." Usually this is taken to be a reference to second-amendment rights, but on a more profound level it means eternal vigilance against our own tendencies to want to control the world, to make it predictable and safe. When we do that, we kill the very life we thought we were preserving.

As my Zen teacher used to say, "It is our very effort to make reality repeatable that Buddhism calls suffering."

born2drv
10-02-2007, 08:36 AM
I think you guys are way off the line, I'm sorry.. not every forum is run the same. Take a look at townhall for example, there is no level playing field.....

the "editors" write their peices and the minions are allowed to post comments.

Everyone knows what the official word is, and what the little people are allowed to write below which is moderated to the best of their abilities.

You can take that model and make it one step further.... post "articles" by contributing members that are pre-screened by paul campaign staff so that the ideology is in-synch with paul's.... then allow MODERATED comments below that are submitted and need to be approved. People from here are more then capable of pre-screening these messages for paul's campaign staff, who can then give it a final approval.

As time goes on we try to encourage posters from both sides who engage in an intellectual battle regarding each topic and then draw it to a final conclusion. the pro-RP people can post about the grassroots site here. those who read the pro-con and like what paul stands for can then come here and help, those against it.... well they can keep reading ;)