PDA

View Full Version : Republican Party Tries to Kick Me Out!

Matt Collins
10-28-2009, 07:56 PM
/ (http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/28/davidson-county-gop-moves-to-oust-ron-paul-supporting-vice-chair/)//

Sandman33
10-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Screw them....go get em Matt.

jmdrake
10-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Starnes pulls this after endorsing a non GOP candidate? Doesn't sound too bright to me.

jsu718
10-28-2009, 08:05 PM
I find it odd that you wouldn't have offered a comment. I can think of lots of choice words with which to respond to them.

Perium
10-28-2009, 08:10 PM
This is nuts Matt, I wouldn't have shaken that mans hand either. I support you and ill show up to anything you need help with. I live in Williamson county but they dont have to know that. :)

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Seems to be a recurring theme. Five Florida RLC members were kicked from the party and their positions. Now you, and who knows who else. The Establishment won't go down without a fight, so lets show them how to fight!

AdamT
10-28-2009, 08:16 PM
the establishment won't go down without a fight, so lets show them how to fight!

+1000

brandon
10-28-2009, 08:16 PM
So sounds like they will need 13 votes to kick you out...and that's exactly how many they have.

Time to make a new friend?

Working Poor
10-28-2009, 08:18 PM
yea showem how to fight Matt get go um

FSP-Rebel
10-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Go Matt!

EndDaFed
10-28-2009, 08:26 PM
This is why working with in a party is fruitless. People need to give up the notion that working within the system is viable. The Free State Project is a better alternative.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-28-2009, 08:34 PM
nt

UnReconstructed
10-28-2009, 08:40 PM
This is why working with in a party is fruitless. People need to give up the notion that working within the system is viable. The Free State Project is a better alternative.

this

evilfunnystuff
10-28-2009, 08:41 PM
I can think of lots of choice words with which to respond to them.

yes but in this situation its probly best to sit down and choose them wisely as the statement will be picked apart by those tryin to give him the bum's rush

brandon
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM

On the other hand, if more of "our" people worked with the party, they wouldn't have the votes to kick him out.

jsu718
10-28-2009, 08:46 PM
yes but in this situation its probly best to sit down and choose them wisely as the statement will be picked apart by those tryin to give him the bum's rush

I am no political expert or anything, but isn't that the kind of thinking that got us in the situation we have in this country in the first place?

evilfunnystuff
10-28-2009, 08:48 PM
free state project

ya know i really like the free state project but am getting tired of people who try to interject it into every single thread like a bunch of fuckin spammers

edit-(maybe i was a bit harsh but i feel this was an inappropriate plug that seems demeaning to the fsp

evilfunnystuff
10-28-2009, 08:49 PM
I am no political expert or anything, but isn't that the kind of thinking that got us in the situation we have in this country in the first place?

i dont think choosing our words wisely is what got us in the situation we have in this country

Original_Intent
10-28-2009, 08:53 PM
They say you only catch flak when you are over the target Matt. BOMBS AWAY!

If this happens it would suck for you but they are basically signing the parties death warrant if they succeed.

BenIsForRon
10-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Go Matt!

Where is the local party on this one? Are they behind the executive members or are they with you?

emazur
10-28-2009, 09:06 PM
If they succeed at removing you from vice-chair, do you think you will still try to work with the party at some other level or do you think you'll dump it and go third-party?

jack555
10-28-2009, 09:25 PM
so basically you are an awsome vice chair and they are kicking you out, sounds like politics to me

LMAO at not shaking his hand, if only all REAL republicans did this

amy31416
10-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Consider this, Matt. I'm slowly getting involved with the local GOP now that they're more receptive to Constitutional ideals. I have the "cred" because of my family's reputation as life-long, generational Republicans/Conservatives. I do, however, keep them at arm's length because of some serious differences in philosophy.

I slowly broach the fact that I'm not happy with Bush because of the Patriot Act, his administration's spending and the unnecessary warfare that killed more troops than people who were murdered on 9/11. It's a lot of tongue-biting, so I don't go frequently and I never speak up when it's a heated topic for me because of the potential for being obnoxious. I might be right, but that doesn't mean that my point will be understood or taken.

Like I said, I'm taking it slowly because it is hard for me to tolerate neoconservative philosophy which is a big part of the current GOP, but it is lessening.

Dreamofunity
10-28-2009, 10:52 PM
If they succeed at removing you from vice-chair, do you think you will still try to work with the party at some other level or do you think you'll dump it and go third-party?

This is my question as well. If they succeed, will you continue with conventional politicking?

dannno
10-28-2009, 10:57 PM
They used your avatar....

edit: nm.. it's our blog lol

kahless
10-28-2009, 11:13 PM

^^wondering also.

The direction the party is going is really disappointing. If I was down there I would try to lend a hand. I hope the locals read these forums.

Matt Collins
10-28-2009, 11:23 PM
//

SimpleName
10-29-2009, 03:42 AM
Quite honestly, I didn't know you could be kicked out of a party. Well, maybe in theory, but I didn't think they would be able to actually rip your (R) away. Why has Ron Paul been able to stick with it for so long?

nobody's_hero
10-29-2009, 04:28 AM
There are some really positive comments on that Nashville Post article, at least. :)

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-29-2009, 04:38 AM
The comments at this link are beyond epic!
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/28/davidson-county-gop-moves-to-oust-ron-paul-supporting-vice-chair/

And I'll have an official statement here soon.

commented!

kathy88
10-29-2009, 04:44 AM
The comments are reassuring. Sounds like some Davidson County conservatives are pissed. Anything to light a fire.....

LittleLightShining
10-29-2009, 06:15 AM
ya know i really like the free state project but am getting tired of people who try to interject it into every single thread like a bunch of fuckin spammers

edit-(maybe i was a bit harsh but i feel this was an inappropriate plug that seems demeaning to the fspYes.

Anyway, this is why the whole Rothfeld/C4L approach is so misguided. It's got to be about more than getting involved in the GOP. We have to educate the voters.

Bucjason
10-29-2009, 07:36 AM
If it were me , I'd spare them all the satisfaction of booting me . Give them all the middle finger , and resign.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-29-2009, 07:38 AM
If it were me , I'd spare them all the satisfaction of booting me . Give them all the middle finger , and resign.

good thing it ain't you! ;)

jmdrake
10-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Quite honestly, I didn't know you could be kicked out of a party. Well, maybe in theory, but I didn't think they would be able to actually rip your (R) away. Why has Ron Paul been able to stick with it for so long?

They're trying to strip him of his duly elected leadership position. We came 1 vote shy of winning the chairmanship outright. Had a few more people registered and showed up we wouldn't have been in this situation. But that in the past. We have a situation to deal with and we'll deal with it.

HOLLYWOOD
10-29-2009, 08:10 AM
I'd like to the see if there's an internal memo sent down from the State and National RNC party leaders to purge the party of any L's or C's. Knowing just how the current NEOCON clowns are running the: RNC, RNCC & US House and US Senate...

I';; bet anyone... there's GOP marching orders to expunge nationally.

Seems to be a recurring theme. Five Florida RLC members were kicked from the party and their positions. Now you, and who knows who else. The Establishment won't go down without a fight, so lets show them how to fight!

Bucjason
10-29-2009, 08:10 AM
They're trying to strip him of his duly elected leadership position. We came 1 vote shy of winning the chairmanship outright. Had a few more people registered and showed up we wouldn't have been in this situation. But that in the past. We have a situation to deal with and we'll deal with it.

Sounds like someone needs to go the way of Doug Hoffman....

moostraks
10-29-2009, 08:15 AM
I'd like to the seem if there's an internal memo sent down from the State and National RNC party leaders to purge the party of any L's or C's. Knowing how the current NEOCON clowns running the: RNC, RNCC & US House and US Senate...

I'd bet anyone there's GOP marching orders to expunge nationally.

think you might be correct on this argument...:(

jmdrake
10-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Sounds like someone needs to go the way of Doug Hoffman....

And run as a third party candidate for the vice chair of the GOP? :confused:

If you're talking about running as an independent for some congressional seat that's not practical here at the moment. The incumbents are too strongly entrenched. Doug Hoffman is running for an open seat and got a lot of big name endorsements from some big name players. It wouldn't work in this case.

Bucjason
10-29-2009, 08:25 AM
And run as a third party candidate for the vice chair of the GOP? :confused:

If you're talking about running as an independent for some congressional seat that's not practical here at the moment. The incumbents are too strongly entrenched. Doug Hoffman is running for an open seat and got a lot of big name endorsements from some big name players. It wouldn't work in this case.

Not literally doing what he's doing , I know he isn't going to run for congress now. I'm talking about joining a 3rd party.

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 10:29 AM
I'd like to the see if there's an internal memo sent down from the State and National RNC party leaders to purge the party of any L's or C's. Knowing just how the current NEOCON clowns are running the: RNC, RNCC & US House and US Senate...

I';; bet anyone... there's GOP marching orders to expunge nationally.
From a source I've been told they have been plotting this since August apparently.

Aratus
10-29-2009, 10:41 AM
GO, Matt, GO!

silverhawks
10-29-2009, 11:24 AM
These idiots are insane...they're deliberately causing a rift within their own party, by siding with big government supporters over those supporting the Constitution.

Look at the amount of comments on that article alone speaking in your favor, Matt; go get these morons, and show them how a real patriot does it.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Worst comes to worst, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine in the LP and bring with you a lot of constituents who would explore their principles some more! Hopefully though we all win this fight as of now, it's easier to infiltrate an all ready nationally established party. Though, we should be working to make the LP a true viable third party also. Let us know how it goes Matt!

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Worst comes to worst, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine in the LP and bring with you a lot of constituents who would explore their principles some more! Hopefully though we all win this fight as of now, it's easier to infiltrate an all ready nationally established party. Though, we should be working to make the LP a true viable third party also. Let us know how it goes Matt!
It's essentially impossible for 3rd Parties to exist in TN.

kahless
10-29-2009, 11:50 AM

People need to work and change the law then. Until that time it sounds like you have not lost the fight yet against these clowns.

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
People need to work and change the law then. Until that time it sounds like you have not lost the fight yet against these clowns.Unfortunately the people who write the law have no interest in changing this fact. They don't want competition in the ballot box.

lx43
10-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Matt: Contact the judge, he might light to interview you on Freedom Watch. ;)

PS what can we do to help you?

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Matt: Contact the judge, he might light to interview you on Freedom Watch. ;)

PS what can we do to help you?
This is being considered.

If you want to help then you should visit the blogs and make comments.... for now. There will be more later ;)

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
//

Bruno
10-29-2009, 02:43 PM
commented. :)

JamesButabi
10-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Oh hell no. Hope you got alot of boots on the ground over there causing a ruckus.

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 03:03 PM
//

bunklocoempire
10-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Commented. :)

Get 'em Matt!

Bunkloco

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 03:39 PM
commented. :)
Thanks.

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Commented. :)
Thanks it's appreciated.

jth_ttu
10-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Why even be a part of an organization like the Republican Party or the Democratic Party? Neither support our beliefs, they made that evident by ousting you.

YumYum
10-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Why even be a part of an organization like the Republican Party or the Democratic Party? Neither support our believes, they made that evident by ousting you.

I agree. I had to pretend to be a neocon at the Republican meetings and I started having convulsions.

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Why even be a part of an organization like the Republican Party or the Democratic Party? Neither support our believes, they made that evident by ousting you.
Following the example of Ron Paul I am working to change it from within.

Arklatex
10-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Keep fighting them Matt Collins. Who can I phone tomorrow to help you out? I'm good for one good bitchn! Just PM me a phone #.

euphemia
10-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Matt has done an incredible job in his position.

My husband and I are DCRP delegates. We deeply resent the state party trying to overturn the decision of the majority of delegates appointed to oversee this process.

And if the DCRP chair has anything to say, it jolly well be who will be running against Jim Cooper for US Congress, 5th District.

jth_ttu
10-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Following the example of Ron Paul I am working to change it from within.

I respect that, Im going to email them when I get a chance. My thinking is that we've got just as much of a chance converting the Democrats to our beliefs as we do Republicans. I just dont know why Dr. Paul and people that think like us dont join the Libertarian Party? I know he tried it in the late 80's. If they find it is in their benefit to support our beliefs, I'm scared of the Mainstream Republican Party stealing the movement with liberty minded candidates that will turn to Neo-cons the day they get in office. Im not trying to cause conflict, just some thoughts. And if you have a phone number I'll be glad to call them.

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 10:47 PM
//

Matt Collins
10-29-2009, 10:48 PM
/ (http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/pitw/2009/10/tennessee_republicans_fight_ci.php)/

Liberty_Tree
10-29-2009, 10:48 PM
I respect that, Im going to email them when I get a chance. My thinking is that we've got just as much of a chance converting the Democrats to our beliefs as we do Republicans. I just dont know why Dr. Paul and people that think like us dont join the Libertarian Party? I know he tried it in the late 80's. If they find it is in their benefit to support our beliefs, I'm scared of the Mainstream Republican Party stealing the movement with liberty minded candidates that will turn to Neo-cons the day they get in office. Im not trying to cause conflict, just some thoughts.

Gerald Celente said that by 2012 a Third Party will rise called ''Progressive Libertarian'' for a lack of a better name and nothing will stop it.

jth_ttu
10-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Gerald Celente said that by 2012 a Third Party will rise called ''Progressive Libertarian'' for a lack of a better name and nothing will stop it.

I tend to agree, I think we are on the brink of a True Political Revolution. I believe both major parties will be changing their views to adapt to it.

jth_ttu
10-29-2009, 11:11 PM
And even more press:
http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/pitw/2009/10/tennessee_republicans_fight_ci.php

You're causing a stir :D. You just made Lindsay Grahams Shit list lol. If you ever run for Office you'll have my vote.

Liberty Star
10-29-2009, 11:13 PM
As the famous saying goes, don't let the bastards bring you down.

err - Lindsey Graham-Lieberman-McCain Republicans

emazur
10-29-2009, 11:54 PM

Harry Browne (RIP) lived in TN - what happened?

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-30-2009, 12:30 AM
I tend to agree, I think we are on the brink of a True Political Revolution. I believe both major parties will be changing their views to adapt to it.

No. I think the people are adopting new views, and getting more educated. The people are the key. Revolutions only happen with the people, not the current political structure. We can use that structure, however, it won't come from it. :D

GunnyFreedom
10-30-2009, 02:02 AM

Tell me about it! We came 15 votes shy of winning the STATE chair at a largest-ever state convention of something like 1800 delegates.

libertarian4321
10-30-2009, 05:19 AM
This is all part of a clever Republican Party plan to regain power by becoming ever smaller and more irrelevant by kicking out or alienating anyone who isn't a neocon.

And we wonder why the Democrats win...

Matt Collins
10-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Harry Browne (RIP) lived in TN - what happened?The legislature doesn't recognize any Parties other than D/R. It's open primaries and there is no voter registration by party. Everyone on the ballot is either D, R, or an "Independent". In order to get a 3rd Party listed on the ballot one must have something absurd like 20% of the previous Presidential vote, or something to that effect.

Matt Collins
10-30-2009, 01:26 PM

err - Lindsey Graham-Lieberman-McCain RepublicansI'm not worried. ;)

dannno
10-30-2009, 01:30 PM
http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/pitw/oie_chrisdevaney.JPG

Chris Devaney speaks to Williamson County GOP women in front of a cardboard cutout of their hero, Sarah Palin. Photo courtesy of Dru Fuller

..........aaaaaaaaaaaahhahahhahahahhahahahahahhaha hahhahahhahhhhhhhhhhhh.................

hahahahhahahahhahhahahahhahahhhaha

:D

Reason
10-30-2009, 01:45 PM
http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/pitw/oie_chrisdevaney.JPG

srsly.... wtf is that about...

LibertyEagle
10-30-2009, 01:54 PM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/29/campaign-for-liberty-calls-for-push-back-on-the-davidson-county-gop/

Campaign For Liberty Calls For Push Back On The Davidson County GOP
By Kleinheider Posted on October 29, 2009 at 8:58 am

The national organization formed by Ron Paul essentially continuing his campaign to bring the Old Right back into the GOP has spoken out on the movement to oust one of its members from the Davidson County Party.

Recent developments in the Nashville Republican Party has led to one of our very own being threatned with permanent expulsion from his elected position as the DCRP 1st Vice Chair. This breaking news has led the CFL to release an important message with regards to further action against Matt Collins.

We humbly submit to the state party officals and DCRP officers, please err on the side of principles before party politics. Please dont remove an elected officer for being outspoken about Constitutional accountability. Matt is a fervent patriot, a real Sam Adams of our time, and defends the principled politics that has long been lost in our society. We will not support any type of affiliation that promotes big government or economically irresponsibile candidates.

The Nashville DCRP has promoted time and time again big government candidates. John McCain, case and point. We have finally won an electable office within the DCRP that can help promote and defend OUR American way of life, and the DCRP feels threatened.

Matt Collins
10-30-2009, 02:33 PM
//

s35wf
10-30-2009, 05:41 PM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/29/tea-party-leader-to-dcrp-your-committee-owes-an-apology/

Tea Party Leader To DCRP: Your Committee Owes An Apology re Matt Collins
(http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/29/tea-party-leader-to-dcrp-your-committee-owes-an-apology/)

Good luck matt. Keep fighting the neocons :)

Dreamofunity
10-31-2009, 12:23 AM

YouTube - The Toasters : Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSo-_TavE1U)

libertarian4321
10-31-2009, 04:56 AM
srsly.... wtf is that about...

Worshiping a neocon idiot like Sarah Palin.

Sad. A sign of everything that has gone wrong with the Republican Party.

euphemia
10-31-2009, 06:43 AM
Response made.

Flash
10-31-2009, 12:30 PM

May be Gary Johnson or Ron Paul could become popular and lose the Republican nomination to a Neo-Con. Then GJ or RP could switch to the Libertarian party to challenge the Repubs & Dems.

Matt Collins
11-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Starnes pulls this after endorsing a non GOP candidate? Doesn't sound too bright to me.
Yes she violated the bylaws of the Party while I have not. :rolleyes:

Icymudpuppy
11-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Starnes, huh. Start referring to her as "Ivy" Starnes. See if anyone makes the connection...

Matt Collins
11-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Starnes, huh. Start referring to her as "Ivy" Starnes. See if anyone makes the connection...
That's hilarious. I'll have to keep that in mind ;) :p

TCE
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Any progress on this story?

Matt Collins
11-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Any progress on this story?
Yes, soon. ;)

virgil47
11-01-2009, 03:51 PM
When will you folks learn? Republican + Democrat = Republicrat. They are two sides of the same coin and neither party is interested in the continued existence of the United States as a free country. The Democrats want to take away our rights and the Republicans want to compromise away our rights. The end result is virtually the same. The candidates for office in the Republican and Democratic parties are interchangeable. The true conservatives in this country either must work out their differences and band together or they must become pseudo Republicans and Democrats. If the latter is done they must only show their conservatism on crucial votes in both the house and in the senate. This is what the progressive element in our society have been doing for a number of years and it has worked to their benefit.

Matt Collins
11-01-2009, 04:00 PM
The true conservatives in this country either must work out their differences and band together or they must become pseudo Republicans and Democrats. If the latter is done they must only show their conservatism on crucial votes in both the house and in the senate. This is what the progressive element in our society have been doing for a number of years and it has worked to their benefit.I'm glad that Ron Paul hasn't taken this approach.

virgil47
11-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm glad that Ron Paul hasn't taken this approach.

He hasn't taken this approach and he hasn't won either! I believe you must fight fire with fire to win. If you fight a half way type of battle that is exactly where you'll end up. Half way to victory. Because more conservatives did not infiltrate the GOP you may be removed as an undesirable element. The enemies of freedom will never simply say okay I guess you won. They'll fight tooth and nail to win whether it is up front or after the fact. They will infiltrate the freedom movement and do their best to disrupt us. They already control the Republican and Democratic parties and will not allow another party to play unless that other party is overwhelming in size or uses stealth to take over from the inside. From what I've witnessed the conservatives in this country can not even agree what day it is let alone how to win our country back. It would appear that if we are to win this battle to preserve our country it must be won by individuals willing to put up with the stink of corruption long enough to put enough people in our congress to take over.

purplechoe
11-01-2009, 06:46 PM
I believe you must fight fire with fire to win.

No, that would be pretty stupid. You fight fire with water. How does one fight fire with fire? We're not talking about quantum physics here are we?

jmdrake
11-01-2009, 07:43 PM
No, that would be pretty stupid. You fight fire with water. How does one fight fire with fire? We're not talking about quantum physics here are we?

It all depends. Back burning is a time honored method for fighting forest fires. And sometimes you can't "fight fire with water". Water spreads a grease fire and if you put water on an electrical fire you can get shocked. That's what I thought about whenever I heard Obama say "If your neighbors hows is on fire you don't try to find out what happened. You put water on it." I thought "You must have slept through the class on fire safety." :rolleyes:

virgil47
11-01-2009, 08:05 PM
+10,000

Matt Collins
11-02-2009, 12:35 AM
//

Matt Collins
11-02-2009, 12:37 AM
//

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-02-2009, 12:53 AM
you can be kicked out of the party? lol

RonPaulFanInGA
11-02-2009, 02:30 AM
h ttp://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/oct/31/davidson-gop-ousts-wamp-haslam-critic/

The Davidson County Republican Party voted Tuesday to remove First Vice Chairman Matt Collins, a vocal critic of gubernatorial candidates U.S. Rep. Zach Wamp, R-Tenn., and Knoxville Mayor Bill Haslam, from his position on the party's executive committee.

The reason for the removal, according to a news release from the party, was "conduct unfit for a member of this body." The committee voted 14-5 for the ouster.

I think they may have made a mistake; in that they haven't voted to oust him yet, but rather to "trigger" the option and it'll be voted on sometime later after a hearing.

Kludge
11-02-2009, 02:40 AM
Welcome to RPFs

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=216610
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=216711
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=216811
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=216738
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=216752
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=217248

nobody's_hero
11-02-2009, 04:48 AM
Hey Matt,

Did ya know someone dedicated a web-blog to you?

http://firecollins.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't bother posting comments there, the douchebag would probably delete them. I must say that the case against you as he/she presents it is rather weak. :rolleyes:

Good luck Matt.

nobody's_hero
11-02-2009, 04:58 AM
He's catchin on, I'm tellin ya.

I vote we change it to MattCollinsForums.com :)

He needs the support.

Chester Copperpot
11-02-2009, 06:51 AM
I just commented too.. fuck these guys. damn Hey Matt is the town of Soddy-Daisy in your district?

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Matt, I appreciate everything and am fighting for you also, but could you please put all these into one thread? It would make it a lot easier and less cluttered. Thanks.

Bucjason
11-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Just for the record, they aren't kicking you out of the party , they are demoting you...

Bucjason
11-02-2009, 07:29 AM
you can be kicked out of the party? lol

No , they can't kick you out of the party. They are just trying to remove him from a leadership position. I think he is using "kicked out" for dramatic effect.

Matt Collins
11-02-2009, 12:02 PM
h ttp://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/oct/31/davidson-gop-ousts-wamp-haslam-critic/

I think they may have made a mistake; in that they haven't voted to oust him yet, but rather to "trigger" the option and it'll be voted on sometime later after a hearing.
I e-mailed the reporters. They are going to correct that soon.

Matt Collins
11-03-2009, 09:37 PM
//

Matt Collins
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM
/ (http://www.rlc.org/2009/11/02/record-low-reg-but-gop-keeps-booting/)/

Akus
11-03-2009, 11:47 PM
This is why I am no longer active in politics. I have been saying fucking forever that the GOP will NEVER let us steer the party. At most, they'll give us our little corner, just to shut us up and make it look like they're the party of a big tent.

If I could run things my way, I'd do a massive exodus to a Libertarian party or a Constitution party and put either of the two on the map. But... to some of us presence of Jesus is a deal breaker, even considering that both parties are identical in almost all the other issues... so...

Matt Collins
11-04-2009, 01:23 AM
This is why I am no longer active in politics. I have been saying fucking forever that the GOP will NEVER let us steer the party. At most, they'll give us our little corner, just to shut us up and make it look like they're the party of a big tent.

If I could run things my way, I'd do a massive exodus to a Libertarian party or a Constitution party and put either of the two on the map. But... to some of us presence of Jesus is a deal breaker, even considering that both parties are identical in almost all the other issues... so...
Glad Ron Paul didn't take your line of thinking

Akus
11-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Glad Ron Paul didn't take your line of thinking

What do you suggest we do?

Do you seriusly believe that if we pound this wall of GOP stupidity hard enough and with enough foreheads, it will give way? I told you my solution to that, what is yours?

Bman
11-04-2009, 02:09 AM
What do you suggest we do?

Do you seriusly believe that if we pound this wall of GOP stupidity hard enough and with enough foreheads, it will give way? I told you my solution to that, what is yours?

How do you plan on getting power for your idea when you have no power? I hate to tell you but working from the outside will only keep you on the outside. The two parties have such a stranglehold on the situation that you’re not going to change the system from the outside. At least not at first. You're dreaming if you believe you’ll see any major third party victories any time soon. Any third party victories you do see anytime soon, which I will admit has some possibility will be very localized and not part of a cohesive national party.

nobody's_hero
11-04-2009, 05:03 AM
When's the vote matt?

Matt Collins
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
When's the vote matt?
I'll let everyone know when the time is right. :)

Matt Collins
11-20-2009, 05:25 PM
//