PDA

View Full Version : O'Reilly copies Savage today

Brian4Liberty
10-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Happened to catch Michael Savage yesterday, and O'Reilly today. Savage ranted and raved about Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) yesterday. Seems that David did a politically incorrect show that used (and "pissed on") Christian symbolism. Savage was upset that it attacked Christians, and would result in blow-back on the Jewish community. Of course the great irony is that Savage spends half his time defending himself and using the First Amendment as a defense (he loves to say it protects "offensive" speech), and the other half of the time attacking others free speech.

Today, O'Reilly jumped on a German commercial that might upset some Muslims, and then went on to attack Larry David for insulting Christians. Sounds like O'Reilly is taking ideas from Savage.

The bottom line: these people only believe in the Bill of Rights when it suits them.

NYgs23
10-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Did they advocate banning it or did they just denounce it?

Reason
10-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Happened to catch Michael Savage yesterday, and O'Reilly today.

I'm sorry to hear that.

sevin
10-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Seems that David did a politically incorrect show that used (and "pissed on") Christian symbolism. Savage was upset that it attacked Christians, and would result in blow-back on the Jewish community.

Gimme a break. In the show, Larry David takes a piss. It splatters, and a drop of it lands on a picture of Jesus. The drop is on his cheek so it looks like a tear. The girl living there mistakes it for a miracle.

That's not an attack on Christianity. That's just comedy.

Dieseler
10-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Gimme a break. In the show, Larry David takes a piss. It splatters, and a drop of it lands on a picture of Jesus. The drop is on his cheek so it looks like a tear. The girl living there mistakes it for a miracle.

Yeah but you are vehemently anti Christian so your opinion is about as reliable as mine is being a Christian.
Who the fuck puts a picture of Jesus near the pisser?
Oh...
A Jew.
:D

sevin
10-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah but you are vehemently anti Christian so your opinion is about as reliable as mine is being a Christian.
Who the fuck puts a picture of Jesus near the pisser?
Oh...
A Jew.
:D

I think "vehemently anti Christian" is an extreme description. But I see your point.

Dieseler
10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
I think "vehemently anti Christian" is an extreme description. But I see your point.

Cool.

Brian4Liberty
10-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Did they advocate banning it or did they just denounce it?

That is the fine line, isn't it? They like to walk right down that line. More denouncing than advocating banning, but you never can tell with Savage. He kind of goes on and on about "why is that allowed, who allowed it, who put it on, attacking people's religion shouldn't be allowed", etc.

Brian4Liberty
10-28-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear that.

Lol! :D Savage was on purpose, O'Reilly was an unattended tv...

kahless
10-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Happened to catch Michael Savage yesterday, and O'Reilly today. Savage ranted and raved about Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) yesterday. Seems that David did a politically incorrect show that used (and "pissed on") Christian symbolism. Savage was upset that it attacked Christians, and would result in blow-back on the Jewish community. Of course the great irony is that Savage spends half his time defending himself and using the First Amendment as a defense (he loves to say it protects "offensive" speech), and the other half of the time attacking others free speech.

Today, O'Reilly jumped on a German commercial that might upset some Muslims, and then went on to attack Larry David for insulting Christians. Sounds like O'Reilly is taking ideas from Savage.

The bottom line: these people only believe in the Bill of Rights when it suits them.

Bullshit since no one advocated restricting Larry David's freedom of expression. It is comedy bit but obvious that he had to know that some Christians would be outraged and respond accordingly. HBO as a business had a right to air but should not have but chose to do so anyway.

Brian4Liberty
10-28-2009, 10:31 PM

O'Reilly showed a German lingerie commercial where a woman walks around in skimpy underwear, and then puts on a burka. They talked about how that was inappropriate before talking about Larry David. Gee, can't find a copy of that commercial. YouTube chicken out?

Brian4Liberty
10-29-2009, 11:35 AM
O'Reilly showed a German lingerie commercial where a woman walks around in skimpy underwear, and then puts on a burka. They talked about how that was inappropriate before talking about Larry David. Gee, can't find a copy of that commercial. YouTube chicken out?

New copy, not banned/removed yet...

YouTube - Liaison dangereuse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOSjKAvyCR8)

ravedown
10-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Savage's creepy narcissism makes his show unlistenable-even just for entertainment...and his blatant hypocrisy is hilarious-he'll contradict his point mid-segment.

kahless
10-29-2009, 11:55 AM
New copy, not banned/removed yet...

YouTube - Liaison dangereuse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOSjKAvyCR8)

She is dressing up for the only person in this world that will see her. Are the Muslims really upset about this? The commercial essentially approves of the lifestyle since she is putting on the burka. Who was outraged, the feminists?

Brian4Liberty
10-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Who was outraged, the feminists?

O'Reilly and his female co-host.

BlackTerrel
10-29-2009, 11:22 PM
YouTube - holocaust show / survivor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O01kDSs-xzA)