PDA

View Full Version : Texas & Mass prisoners to get H1N1 vaccine first

Dianne
10-28-2009, 11:48 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,570066,00.html?test=latestnews

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas prison officials say thousands of high-risk convicts may be vaccinated against the swine flu ahead of the general public as soon as next week.

Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokeswoman Michelle Lyons and state health officials say more than 45,000 convicts are being considered for the vaccine. They've been targeted by a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention distribution policy to receive the vaccine.

Texas is the second state to announce it would vaccinate prisoners before vaccinating the general public. Earlier this month, Massachusetts announced it would do the same.

Are they doing this for testing purposes?

RideTheDirt
10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Guman guinea pigs in cages

dannno
10-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Wow that sucks for non-violent drug offenders...

Bruno
10-28-2009, 11:59 AM
please help me understand how adults who are at no risk to the general public are receiving shots before those in "high-risk" groups when there is a shortage on the vaccine

Dianne
10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
please help me understand how adults who are at no risk to the general public are receiving shots before those in "high-risk" groups when there is a shortage on the vaccine

I believe there is plenty of the vaccine, but no one wants to take it. I don't know one person who has gone in for that shot. When I ask customers, they have all said no, they will not take it. I think the drug company along with the feds are pretending to be low in order to cause a panic and stampede for the shot. All in the marketing, I guess.

Krugerrand
10-28-2009, 01:52 PM
I wonder if they are forced or voluntary. Also ... can something like that be truly voluntary in a prison environment?

Bruno
10-28-2009, 02:01 PM
I believe there is plenty of the vaccine, but no one wants to take it. I don't know one person who has gone in for that shot. When I ask customers, they have all said no, they will not take it. I think the drug company along with the feds are pretending to be low in order to cause a panic and stampede for the shot. All in the marketing, I guess.

We are experiencing a shortage here.

Someone at my work the other day said there was a 3 hour wait to get the shot at a clinic they had, and thousands were turned away. A number of flu clinics have been cancelled here because of lack of vaccine.

A supervisor at my work said her granddaughters got the H1N1 shot, and started getting mild flu symptoms yesterday.

Johnnybags
10-28-2009, 02:06 PM

Noone wants it and the FEDS are pretending its scarce and showing the idiots line up on the boob tube to sway public opinion. That's why Obongo declared the emergency, to scare the hypochondriacs into submitting. Its a marketing ploy.