PDA

View Full Version : I'll Say it Again - Drivers in NYC - Be Careful

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-28-2009, 10:56 AM
If any of you are considering driving somewhere that is not totally neccesary, proceed at your own risk.

I received a ticket yesterday for trivial reason and nearly again today.

The police are looking for ANY reason to get that $$$.

If they keep it up, local business will get even more hurt and this holiday season will have one more reason for people to not go out and buy gifts.

They are just doing their job, right ?

To Protect and Serve --- > their masters.

TCE
10-28-2009, 10:58 AM
What was the reason for the first ticket and what would the reason have been for the second?

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-28-2009, 11:00 AM
The first was for tinted window in front windows. I have driven this car for five years with no ticket or mention of that ever. Also they aren't that dark.

The second was for ??? I don't know. I saw guy looking at me and my car, waited for me and got behind my vehicle, I turned and they did not pursue.

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Just to clarify... I had already removed the tint after the initial ticket.

manny229
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
If any of you are considering driving somewhere that is not totally neccesary, proceed at your own risk.

I received a ticket yesterday for trivial reason and nearly again today.

The police are looking for ANY reason to get that $$$.

If they keep it up, local business will get even more hurt and this holiday season will have one more reason for people to not go out and buy gifts.

They are just doing their job, right ?

To Protect and Serve --- > their masters.

I was stopped at one of those "Inspection Sticker" checkpoints. I had just registerd my car the day before so I got one of those ten day inspection extension passes which stated: "This pass expires 10 days after the date stamped on this pass" then they stamp the curent day/date. The Cop sees my pass and tells me to pull over I tell him I still have 9 days left. He said "No you are one day past the expiration date; pull over and wait". I'm thinking this guys a moron. So after 5 long minutes. He comes back and I finally get him to realize the pass says it expires ten days after the date stamped, not on the date stamped. He says "Ok you're in the right", I was sort of expecting a "sorry" or some type of an apology but instead he walks away and shouts back "Get that fucking thing inspected" I wanted to yell back "learn how to F ing read inspection stickers" but these guys would have found a way to ticket me... choose your battles, I told myself. I know I brusied his ego and he just had to have the last word.

getch36
10-28-2009, 11:43 AM
I really don't like cops.............

kahless
10-28-2009, 11:46 AM
It is just as bad in the suburbs. I do feel like I am living in a police state here in NY and have found all too often when needed they cannot be trusted. They are better off avoided just like you avoid driving into a crime ridden area. There are good cops out there however my comment is based on over reaching authority and my own personal experience and that of friends and family. When you do need them you need to keep the above in mind and be sure you are accompanied by witnesses so you do not end up the recepient of a rogue cop who is having a bad day or whom is friendly with the party for which you have an issue.

btw - Sounds like you have been lucky since the no tinted window law has been around for years.

RideTheDirt
10-28-2009, 12:41 PM
come on man, they protect and serve!!!1
:rolleyes:

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-28-2009, 01:02 PM
I was stopped at one of those "Inspection Sticker" checkpoints. I had just registerd my car the day before so I got one of those ten day inspection extension passes which stated: "This pass expires 10 days after the date stamped on this pass" then they stamp the curent day/date. The Cop sees my pass and tells me to pull over I tell him I still have 9 days left. He said "No you are one day past the expiration date; pull over and wait". I'm thinking this guys a moron. So after 5 long minutes. He comes back and I finally get him to realize the pass says it expires ten days after the date stamped, not on the date stamped. He says "Ok you're in the right", I was sort of expecting a "sorry" or some type of an apology but instead he walks away and shouts back "Get that fucking thing inspected" I wanted to yell back "learn how to F ing read inspection stickers" but these guys would have found a way to ticket me... choose your battles, I told myself. I know I brusied his ego and he just had to have the last word.

Yeah, many seem to forget who pays their salaries and also seem to think they are somehow superior.

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-28-2009, 01:07 PM
It is just as bad in the suburbs. I do feel like I am living in a police state here in NY and have found all too often when needed they cannot be trusted. They are better off avoided just like you avoid driving into a crime ridden area. There are good cops out there however my comment is based on over reaching authority and my own personal experience and that of friends and family. When you do need them you need to keep the above in mind and be sure you are accompanied by witnesses so you do not end up the recepient of a rogue cop who is having a bad day or whom is friendly with the party for which you have an issue.

btw - Sounds like you have been lucky since the no tinted window law has been around for years.

Yeah I know what you mean about being careful even when just going to ask for help or be friendly.

Why the hell do so many cops have to look at people as if they are all criminals ?

Let's see what happens when the events take a shap turn.

Bodhi
10-28-2009, 01:11 PM
The first was for tinted window in front windows.

I got one of those tickets in California years ago, I had driven the car for a year and been pulled over several times before one cop gave me the ticket for my tinted windows. In that case instead of giving me a ticket for speeding he just gave me a ticket for my tinted windows. That was fair for me, I paid the ticket and left the tint on the windows and never had another problem regarding the window tint.

Another time I was pulled over for speeding and the cop gave me a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt instead of the speeding ticket. Which I was cool with.

Moral of the story... cops don't care so much how they ticket you as long as they can keep writing those tickets and generating revenue.

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-28-2009, 01:30 PM
I got one of those tickets in California years ago, I had driven the car for a year and been pulled over several times before one cop gave me the ticket for my tinted windows. In that case instead of giving me a ticket for speeding he just gave me a ticket for my tinted windows. That was fair for me, I paid the ticket and left the tint on the windows and never had another problem regarding the window tint.

Another time I was pulled over for speeding and the cop gave me a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt instead of the speeding ticket. Which I was cool with.

Moral of the story... cops don't care so much how they ticket you as long as they can keep writing those tickets and generating revenue.

An article that I really enjoyed which related directly to this topic.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=170093&highlight=unwarranted+violence

ronpaulhawaii
10-28-2009, 02:07 PM

There are lots of cops I like in Oath Keepers. At the conference last weekend I heard retired police chiefs from the national board denouncing revenue generation schemes. While they support traffic law enforcement in identified problem areas (high accident percentages), they denounced parking a cruiser on a rural road with a ridiculously low speed limit for the sole purpose of revenue generation.

Yes, be careful everywhere because revenue generation is being pushed, but please don't lump all cops into an ugly pot.

Reach out...

YouTube - Ride For Honesty - Decatur, Illinois stop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adGcjCsUPrI)

:D

getch36
10-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Some are good but, for the most part they are control freak weirdo's That get off making others miserable.