PDA

View Full Version : The Rothschilds controls the gold market!

qwerty
10-28-2009, 04:12 AM
YouTube - The Rothschilds controls the gold market! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhEAol0BDZo)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/9ykcs/the_rothschilds_controls_the_gold_market/

roho76
10-28-2009, 06:38 AM
I got an idea. Why don't the Rothschilds redistribute their wealth for health care and global warming? I could certainly take some free health care on their dime. And when it comes to the earth warming I'm sure they have more than enough money to keep it cool. Because we all know that the earth warms because of low taxes.

sevin
10-28-2009, 07:07 AM
I got an idea. Why don't the Rothschilds redistribute their wealth for health care and global warming? I could certainly take some free health care on their dime. And when it comes to the earth warming I'm sure they have more than enough money to keep it cool. Because we all know that the earth warms because of low taxes.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/5UrwzgdtHioxfo0voMzOgXjEo1_500.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3602)

Bruno
10-28-2009, 07:11 AM

+ 1 Trillion Carbon Offsets

And since we all know that money is the only true way to reverse man-made global warming, a check written by the wealthiest family in the world would certainly be "the right thing to do" :D

paulim
10-28-2009, 08:54 AM
That would be an argument against the gold standard and for a greenback.

Elwar
10-28-2009, 09:17 AM
And since we all know that money is the only true way to reverse man-made global warming, a check written by the wealthiest family in the world would certainly be "the right thing to do" :D

The globe would cool 5 degrees if they wrote a big check to global warming supporters.

Brian4Liberty
10-28-2009, 11:18 AM
That would be an argument against the gold standard and for a greenback.

One of the "drawbacks" of a gold standard is that it makes it blatantly obvious who has all the gold...without an ever expanding money supply, it all ends up in the hands of a very few. The peons need to use something for day to day transactions. How about pieces of paper?

Dr.3D
10-28-2009, 11:22 AM
One of the "drawbacks" of a gold standard is that it makes it blatantly obvious who has all the gold...without an ever expanding money supply, it all ends up in the hands of a very few.

There would definitely have to be a redistribution of wealth if we went back to a gold standard. ;)

(a redistribution of gold that is)

Bruno
10-28-2009, 12:02 PM
One of the "drawbacks" of a gold standard is that it makes it blatantly obvious who has all the gold...without an ever expanding money supply, it all ends up in the hands of a very few. The peons need to use something for day to day transactions. How about pieces of paper?

they simply produce more pieces of paper which makes each worth less

Dieseler
10-28-2009, 12:05 PM

Wow.
You just said a mouthful there.
I'll be thinking about this for days.

OrigSEOH
10-28-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm no expert by any means. But, i've often thought of greenbacks backed by commodities that are actually worth something to us, like food, wood, hemp, and energy. Gold is pretty and rare, but really what is it good for other than jewelry and a electrical conductor?

Brian4Liberty
10-28-2009, 01:18 PM
they simply produce more pieces of paper which makes each worth less

You got it. That's why they constantly expand the fiat currency. Otherwise they would end up with all of that too, once again leaving the peons with nothing to use for currency.

It's like a huge poker game. They have all of the chips. They create more and loan or pay everyone a few chips, but then they win all of them too. They have to keep making new chips to keep the game going...They keep a few chips every time they make new ones, and over time they eventually win all of the rest...create-take a cut-win the rest, repeat indefinitely. The strategic balance is to make sure that the small fish have enough to survive. They have to avoid hyper-inflation and under/unemployment. They got greedy (and also let too many people into their club) and are about to crash the system. Not to worry, they are ready to start all over with an international currency...

Bodhi
10-28-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm no expert by any means. But, i've often thought of greenbacks backed by commodities that are actually worth something to us, like food, wood, hemp, and energy. Gold is pretty and rare, but really what is it good for other than jewelry and a electrical conductor?

Backing paper money with something like wood or hemp or even energy would result in a very unstable currency imho. Gold has been used as currency for thousands of years and sure as heck beats a fiat currency. You can't print gold, you can't grow gold, there is a fixed amount of gold in the world.

OrigSEOH
10-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Your probably right. I just don't like the idea of putting "all the eggs in one basket", so to speak. If we were ever to return to the gold standard, then those who have all the gold would still make the rules.
Backing paper money with something like wood or hemp or even energy would result in a very unstable currency imho. Gold has been used as currency for thousands of years and sure as heck beats a fiat currency. You can't print gold, you can't grow gold, there is a fixed amount of gold in the world.