PDA

View Full Version : why not fred??

Roxi
10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/RonPaul2008 this is great:

Sep. 27, 2007 - Desperate Conservatives
This is the typical conversation I have with strangers about the upcoming Presidential Primary-

Me: So, who do you intend to vote for in the Republican Presidential Primary?

Them: Oh... I'm leanin' towards Fred Thompson.

Me: Really? Why is that?

Them: Oh.... I don't know. I guess I like him better than ol' _______ (fill in the blank with Guiliani, Romney or McCain)

Me: What is it about Thompson's voting record that leads you to believe he's a better choice than _____ (fill in the blank again)?

Them: Well, I really don't know about his voting record or anything. But he's from TN and he seems to be a real conservative.

Me: So, you're not concerned that he was a lobbyist for many years, including lobbying for a pro-choice organization?

Them: Blank stare

Me: Or that he's a member of the Council on Foreign Relations?

Them: Confused blank stare

Me: Or that he has voted to continue funding non-constitutional, big-government federal programs like the National Endowment for the Arts?

Them: Look of dawning suspicion

Me: Or that he voted to expand NAFTA and allow more foreign workers in to the US for farm work? Or that he played a big role in getting the McCain-Feingold legislation passed- which restricts the activities of grassroots organizations in regards to campaigns- restricting free speech? Or that he voted for affirmative action? and against property rights?

Them: Look of deep concern Well, who are you voting for?

Me: I'm so glad you asked

terlinguatx
10-01-2007, 09:17 PM

Stealth4
10-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Do we have a post with links giving proof and detailed explanations of those statements?

(i.e. voted against property rights)

Thanks - This would be very useful for me

RPTXState
10-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Quick and concise is key. To a republican say the following script:

Ron Paul is the only Republican that can beat Hillary. Why?
Polls show that 70% of Americans are against the war, and the crushing defeat of the Republicans in the midterm elections demonstrated this fact. Every candidate but Paul wants to continue the bush doctrine and war that is wasting billions of dollars and thousands of american lives, so as the past shows the results will be just as dismal if you vote for someone like Thompson.

Tried that. Response I got was along the lines of "Most 'Conservatives' would rather/will stay at home than vote for Ron Paul"

Rather depressing, actually...

Matt
10-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Do we have a post with links giving proof and detailed explanations of those statements?

(i.e. voted against property rights)

Thanks - This would be very useful for me

http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/

Scroll down a bit. :cool: