PDA

View Full Version : Republican Women

kathy88
10-27-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm going to the county Republican Women's luncheon *eek* tomorrow. Any advice?

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-27-2009, 10:03 PM

Bring a video recorder. :D

revolutionary8
10-27-2009, 10:14 PM
First off,
Have you met them before?

Are they having a speaker?
If so, read about the speaker, prepare a question that might highlight your similarities, while stimulating thought.
I would skip the recorder, unless you have one of those spy pens. lol

If you haven't met them:
wear a flag pin pin. Dress down, but up, if you know what I mean. Do you wear glasses? Use reading glasses? Palin glasses??? :D

Dumb yourself down, so you don't become a threat. :D

Bring a notepad- take notes.
Try to get email addresses.

I would give the same advice to men (minus Palin, insert Beck :D) but men don't seem to ask for such advice. :D

JeNNiF00F00
10-27-2009, 10:20 PM
I would dress business professional/conservative and just go from there. Bring note pad too. Id treat it like a job interview lol.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-27-2009, 10:31 PM
First off,
Have you met them before?

Are they having a speaker?
If so, read about the speaker, prepare a question that might highlight your similarities, while stimulating thought.
I would skip the recorder, unless you have one of those spy pens. lol

If you haven't met them:
wear a flag pin pin. Dress down, but up, if you know what I mean. Do you wear glasses? Use reading glasses? Palin glasses??? :D

Dumb yourself down, so you don't become a threat. :D

Bring a notepad- take notes.
Try to get email addresses.

I would give the same advice to men (minus Palin, insert Beck :D) but men don't seem to ask for such advice. :D

The recorder was a joke. Pffft. Minus Palin and minus Beck add Thomas Woods and Murray Rothbard. :D

Let us know how it goes! Cheers.

revolutionary8
10-27-2009, 10:39 PM
The recorder was a joke. Pffft. Minus Palin and minus Beck add Thomas Woods and Murray Rothbard. :D

Let us know how it goes! Cheers.

:D
Awesome. Tooshay AED. :)

Sandman33
10-28-2009, 01:45 AM
What would Ron Paul do?

He'd be honest and wouldn't ACT at all.

LittleLightShining
10-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Wear red and an elephant pin or earrings if you don't have a flag. Definitely bring a little notebook but be casual about taking notes especially if you haven't had much experience with these ladies. Also, don't be surprised if you end up writing nothing at all.

Smile, be friendly, be sure to introduce yourself to people but use the time to assess the crowd. Who is the queen bee? Who are the drones and who are the worker bees? This is the most important thing for you to figure out. The queen bee may NOT be the chair. The chair may be a surrogate for the lady who really runs the show.

moostraks
10-28-2009, 07:23 AM
MY experiences:The one in Cobb County Georgia seemed to be riddled with women from the red hat society if that gives you a visual as to whom you might be meeting. I am not being facetious.(Yes the actual red and purple!) They were by and large elderly and pretentious. Dressing business formal is definately expected. If you don't want to be ostracized you fly low and don't act surprised at any of the ignorance that might abound. Nodding and looking impressed was also expected unless they knew you.The crowd I was in with was mostly old timers and very territorial, especially since it was Newt's old district. The adage you catch more bees with honey applies here if you want to make headway.

I hope you experience something better in your area. I have yet to really throw myself back into things since we moved up North as eldest child eats up most of my life right now. I look forward to your report on how things went as maybe it will inspire me to do something besides try to hunt down JJC prosecutors and have endless meetings with therapists and school officials.

cswake
10-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Just be polite, courteous, and get to know the people there. Introduce yourself and when you see the chance, ask how you can help.