PDA

View Full Version : Ron visiting Iowa and S. Carolina. Early primary states.

sofia
10-27-2009, 08:01 PM
CNN - Ron Paul to visit South Carolina

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Will Ron Paul give it another go in 2012?

The Texas congressman and hero of limited government advocates will visit the key early primary state of South Carolina on Nov. 9 to deliver a speech "on the future of individual liberty and the importance of the U.S. Constitution" at the University of South Carolina, student groups said Tuesday. The announcement comes a week after Paul scheduled a visit to Iowa on Nov. 13 to speak to students at Iowa State University.

The onetime Republican presidential hopeful finished in fifth place in last year's South Carolina primary, behind Mitt Romney but ahead of former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani.

Other potential 2012 candidates - including Mike Pence, Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee - have already visited South Carolina this year or have made plans to do so.

Paul's appearance was organized by the University of South Carolina Honors College, the Carolina Debate Union and Young Americans for Liberty, a student group of Paul supporters

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/27/ron-paul-to-visit-south-carolina/

Austin
10-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Yes please.

Chomsky
10-27-2009, 08:07 PM
This is a great trend!

lx43
10-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm definately going.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I hope Paul and Gary Johnson don't both run. We need a united front I think.

JeNNiF00F00
10-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Anyone here going to the one at USC?

lx43
10-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Anyone here going to the one at USC?

I most probably will if my schedule permits.

RSLudlum
10-27-2009, 08:31 PM
If I can get off work in time, I'll be there.

jkr
10-27-2009, 08:32 PM
question number one (and i spelled it all out it was sooo important).

will they count our votes honestly?

sofia
10-27-2009, 08:57 PM
question number one (and i spelled it all out it was sooo important).

will they count our votes honestly?

Nope. They will program the Iowa machines like they did the last time.

And when we complain about it, it will be people within our own ranks who will tell us to shut up because we sound like "conspiracy theorists."

GunnyFreedom
10-27-2009, 09:20 PM
If I can afford to go I will be there. Still have money in the campaign, but this would clearly NOT be a campaign expense.

Pauls' Revere
10-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Seriously, what would it take to convince Ron Paul to run in 2012?

Whatever that is we need to get it done.

dr. hfn
10-27-2009, 10:56 PM

Yes, that would split our movement and liberty vote

invisible
10-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Nope. They will program the Iowa machines like they did the last time.

And when we complain about it, it will be people within our own ranks who will tell us to shut up because we sound like "conspiracy theorists."

When I was in IA for the caucus, we lost fair and square. Yes, it sucked, but we even had a RP supporter as one of the ballot-counters. In my precinct, the vote totals were VERY close to what was reported for the percentages for the whole state. We did get HALF of the delegates at the precinct level, but lost bigtime when those delegates advanced to the county level - we just simply didn't have the votes, fair and square. I could be wrong on this, but I was not aware of diebold machines being used anywhere in IA.

GunnyFreedom
10-28-2009, 01:11 AM
No, it was the rogue phonebanker that had it in the palm of his hand and then tossed it out to the Huckster :mad:

eok321
10-28-2009, 02:39 AM

If we have 2 men actively campaigning across the early states with the same message, coupled with double the time for honest answers in the debates...it could work...

If one drops out and endorses the other before the 1st primary;)

http://race42008.com/2009/10/26/breaking-johnson-laying-groundwork-for-president-run/

Breaking: Johnson Laying Groundwork for President Run

Gary Johnson is preparing to launch his Our America PAC shortly, as soon as he gets all of his legal ducks in a row. He will be hitting the trail hard soon, traveling the country to speak in support of issues and candidates, re-immersing himself in the public policy debate.

This December, Governor Johnson will also be releasing a book entitled “Seven Principles Of Good Government,” published by The Heartland Institute (a conservative-libertarian think tank).

rp08orbust
10-28-2009, 03:00 AM

Only if they both remain in the race through the Iowa caucus. However, during the debate season of 2011, there would be strength in numbers--each would look less like an oddball and would be harder to marginalize.

devil21
10-28-2009, 03:44 AM
I don't think he's going to run again for 2012 but I do like the trend.

haaaylee
10-28-2009, 02:18 PM

One could always drop out and be the other one's vice president pick. Then we could combine the votes. Before the primaries.