PDA

View Full Version : Will the sheeple ever, ever, ever wake up?

RCA
10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm beginning to think not. Not even in the face of tyranny. It's quite obvious that TPTB want to push just far enough but not too far. Please show me some sign of hope.

someperson
10-27-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't know why, but I just looked at msnbc and saw this:
h ttp://ww w.msnbc.msn.com/id/33495798/ns/politics-white_house/

I'm sorry, that probably didn't help :(

Todd
10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm beginning to think not. Not even in the face of tyranny. It's quite obvious that TPTB want to push just far enough but not too far. Please show me some sign of hope.

http://www.jkru.net/pics/barack-obama-hope-stickers.gif

Just kidding:D

RCA
10-27-2009, 04:49 PM
http://www.jkru.net/pics/barack-obama-hope-stickers.gif

Just kidding:D

You got me.

purplechoe
10-27-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm not hopeful. There are way too many sheep on this board let alone the rest of America...

Bruno
10-27-2009, 04:55 PM
If Obama can't help us, I think we are doomed. I still have faith in him.

:rolleyes: JK! :D

ShowMeLiberty
10-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Conference Board's reading of consumer confidence falls in October, surprising economists. (http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/27/news/economy/consumer_confidence/index.htm?postversion=2009102711)

Proof that even sheeple can recognize BS when they smell it.

They are comparing the real world all around them to the media and government talk of "green shoots", "jobless recovery" and such and they are realizing they are being lied to. A seed of doubt and mistrust is planted - ready to be nourished with more truth (provided by us).

It's not much, but it's a start.

PS - I know where you're coming from. It's hard to maintain a positive outlook.

someperson
10-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Unfortunately, I sense the philosophy of collectivism is still gaining momentum. From reading a few threads today, I sense that is even the case on this forum.

Incidentally, the link I provided earlier was from the msnbc home page, and it reads:
Poll: Support for troop surge grows
A new NBC/WSJ poll shows 47 percent favor an increase in the number of troops fighting in Afghanistan, and more people than ever support a ‘public option’ for health insurance.

What can be said about this?

sevin
10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
There are lots of people waking up, especially over the last 2 years. The question is whether enough people will wake up before it's too late. I'm beginning to doubt it.

Dieseler
10-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately, I sense the philosophy of collectivism is still gaining momentum. From reading a few threads today, I sense that is even the case on this forum.

Lions generally hunt in a Pride and Wildebeest cling closely together in the safety of their herds. It is a natural thing.
Nothing beats the silence of the lambs though.
Can you hear them Clarice?
What will the Lambs be able to do if they do awaken?

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 05:00 PM

It takes keen eyes and ears for people to see and recognize what is going on.

There will be some who awaken as the events unfold, but many will remain asleep or even join the tyrants.

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Incidentally, the link I provided earlier was from the msnbc home page, and it reads:
A new NBC/WSJ poll shows 47 percent favor an increase in the number of troops fighting in Afghanistan, and more people than ever support a ‘public option’ for health insurance.

The media is a tool of the state.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-27-2009, 05:03 PM
the amount and degree of sheep in the world is not a testament to now but to then. You've got the rest of your lives to continue waking people up. Don't let the NWO fool you into believing it is now or never. No matter how well laid out and detailed their plans are, they cannot predict the future nor seal our fate. Take a line from James Cameron....

"The future is not set. There is no fate, but what me make for ourselves."

or Tolkien

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. "

Whedon

“You can learn all the math in the ‘Verse, but you take a boat in the air you don’t love, she’ll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she’s hurting ‘fore she keens. Makes her a home.”

Todd
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM

I think the best sign we could all get would be for Dr. Paul to make an announcement........"You all have inspired me. Let's do this thing again."

Ron needs to lose his apathy and just do it.:D

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 05:11 PM
the amount and degree of sheep in the world is not a testament to now but to then. You've got the rest of your lives to continue waking people up. Don't let the NWO fool you into believing it is now or never. No matter how well laid out and detailed their plans are, they cannot predict the future nor seal our fate. Take a line form James Cameron....

"The future is not set. There is no fate, but what me make for ourselves."

or Tolkien

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. "

Whedon

“You can learn all the math in the ‘Verse, but you take a boat in the air you don’t love, she’ll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she’s hurting ‘fore she keens. Makes her a home.”

Nice post :D

That line from Tolkein is a favorite of mine as well. :cool:

zach
10-27-2009, 05:11 PM
If it's not all right, then it's not the end.

someperson
10-27-2009, 05:12 PM
The media is a tool of the state.
Yes. I can only imagine some individual out there will read that "story" and come away with the idea that it's now popular to support the war... minds shaped by propaganda. It's appalling.

tangent4ronpaul
10-27-2009, 05:12 PM

They polled Democrats.

-t

someperson
10-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh, I should note that, according to their oh-so-reliable poll, that 47% is now the majority. I hope they had some individuals in this poll who call themselves neoconservatives; otherwise, Dr. Paul was right in his assessment that the anti-war movement in this country is being, not only silenced, but converted to a great degree by President Obama. Well, he was already right, but more right than I expected ;)

A reversal on Afghanistan
By a narrow 47 percent to 43 percent, respondents say they support increasing the troop level in Afghanistan, which is a reversal from last month, when 51 percent opposed the increase and 44 percent supported it.

sofia
10-27-2009, 06:31 PM
sheepdom is the natural state of all mammals.

Wolves run in packs...yet there are always the lone wolves who don't.

Sheep run in herds....yet there's always the ones who need a dog to keep them in line.

Lemmings run into rivers and off of cliffs as they follow each other. Yet, there always a small group of lemmings who dont follow and then they reproduce to replenish the population.

We are the lone wolves, stray sheep, and independent lemmings. The sheep-like quality of the rest of humanity is a given.

Until our voice is as loud as the MSM's, sheeple will belong to the MSM. It's nature's way.

heavenlyboy34
10-27-2009, 06:37 PM

No, the sheeple are doomed-being led to the slaughter. But if the Remnant survives, we can build a freer, an-cap society. :cool:

Dunedain
10-27-2009, 07:05 PM
No, the sheeple are doomed-being led to the slaughter. But if the Remnant survives, we can build a freer, an-cap society. :cool:

When the dutiful sheep are slaughtered those that don't obey the MSM shepard live and breed other wayward sheep.

Pericles
10-27-2009, 07:05 PM
When the bread runs out and the circuses can no longer be paid for, there will be a mob seeking an explanation of what happened. Whatever version of the truth gets there first in a believable form will win the day.

Dieseler
10-27-2009, 07:27 PM
That's when I will get my Zombies.
The waiting really is killing me here.

sofia
10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
When the bread runs out and the circuses can no longer be paid for, there will be a mob seeking an explanation of what happened. Whatever version of the truth gets there first in a believable form will win the day.

Thats exactly what happened on 9/11.

But the MSM got there first with its tale of 19 Arab kids working for the caveman in Afghanistan, learning to fly a Cessna puddle-jumper schools, evading US Airforce for nearly two hours, flying into buildings, causing shyscrapers to "melt and pancake" for a 1/4 mile collapse at the speed of gravity..

By the time this ridiculous fairy tale was contradicted...the initial brainwashing was too entrenched.

Matthew Zak
10-27-2009, 07:39 PM
We are asking the wrong question. What difference does it make whether they're asleep or not if they've lived their whole lives in Plato's Cave?

BlackTerrel
10-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Maybe start by not calling them sheeple.

My biggest issue with Ron Paul supporters in the run up to the election was that too often they acted like elitists who were so much smarter than everyone else.

"Oh you don't support Ron Paul... oh you are a brainwashed idiot who knows nothing about politics. You believe everything the MSM tells you etc."

If we discuss the issues rationally, make solid points, and stop acting like we are from a "higher plane" we'll make some progress. Ron Paul does this very well - the same is not true of many of his supporters unfortunately.

ChooseLiberty
10-27-2009, 09:34 PM
'And these words shall then become
Like Oppression's thundered doom
Ringing through each heart and brain,
Heard again - again - again -

'Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number -
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few.'

Percy Bysshe Shelley - The Mask of Anarchy

FindLiberty
10-28-2009, 04:56 AM
No, ... [most people have been fooled and are] ... doomed-being led to the slaughter. But if the Remnant survives, we can build a freer, an-cap society. :cool:

+1776! YES. Liberty can rise from the ashes, once again...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, and from dependence back again to bondage.

idirtify
10-28-2009, 07:37 AM
To me anti-government positions seem to be getting more popular. I have to assume it’s because of the internet (and RP, of course). Gov tyranny can not win with such freedom of communication. Of course with this freedom comes an increase in information, which can be deceptive – like more weather information making the weather seem worse. IOW state-sponsored collectivism can appear to be growing only because of this information-increase (after all, the State also communicates).

I too am often pessimistic, but anti-statism seems to be getting more cool/hip – in a way you would not have seen before.

hugolp
10-28-2009, 07:49 AM
maybe start by not calling them sheeple.

My biggest issue with ron paul supporters in the run up to the election was that too often they acted like elitists who were so much smarter than everyone else.

"oh you don't support ron paul... Oh you are a brainwashed idiot who knows nothing about politics. You believe everything the msm tells you etc."

if we discuss the issues rationally, make solid points, and stop acting like we are from a "higher plane" we'll make some progress. Ron paul does this very well - the same is not true of many of his supporters unfortunately.

+1000

moostraks
10-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Maybe start by not calling them sheeple.

My biggest issue with Ron Paul supporters in the run up to the election was that too often they acted like elitists who were so much smarter than everyone else.

"Oh you don't support Ron Paul... oh you are a brainwashed idiot who knows nothing about politics. You believe everything the MSM tells you etc."

If we discuss the issues rationally, make solid points, and stop acting like we are from a "higher plane" we'll make some progress. Ron Paul does this very well - the same is not true of many of his supporters unfortunately.

:rolleyes:Funny...the flesh and blood ones I have met were like lost souls who finally had their fire lit and just wanted to be heard and not dismissed by arrogant establishment types who were leading us off a cliff. Guess it depends on what side of the battle you were on. Most of us were forced into secreting who we really are to not be snubbed by old guard republicans or being ostracized because they didn't fall for the democrat messiah.

moostraks
10-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Lions generally hunt in a Pride and Wildebeest cling closely together in the safety of their herds. It is a natural thing.
Nothing beats the silence of the lambs though.
Can you hear them Clarice?
What will the Lambs be able to do if they do awaken?

:D

BlackTerrel
10-28-2009, 06:23 PM
:rolleyes:Funny...the flesh and blood ones I have met were like lost souls who finally had their fire lit and just wanted to be heard and not dismissed by arrogant establishment types who were leading us off a cliff. Guess it depends on what side of the battle you were on. Most of us were forced into secreting who we really are to not be snubbed by old guard republicans or being ostracized because they didn't fall for the democrat messiah.

It goes both ways. And I maybe should have clarified that I was not talking about all, or perhaps not even a majority of Ron Paul supporters.

It's just this general attitude of calling the masses sheeple that I don't approve of. And it's an attitude that pervades how we present the issues.

acptulsa
10-28-2009, 06:53 PM
People will wake up only if they have to.

We seem to have dissuaded them from totally wrecking the economy for their personal gain--maybe--because then we'd have had our r3volution in the bag. Now comes the question--would they rather have power or short-term gain? Usually, they go for the short term gain, but you know what? They have a way of maintaining their power when push comes to shove--even if it costs them dearly.

That's them. The rest is up to us.

tpreitzel
10-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Let me ask all of you a personal question which should probably be a separate poll instead.

Why do YOU want the sheeple to wake up?

Answer this question honestly. Dig deep. The result may surprise you. Even if the majority of sheeple woke up tomorrow and started working furiously to stop the slide, why do YOU personally want the sheeple to wake up?