PDA

View Full Version : Anyone With Tinted Driver Passenger Windows In NY

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 04:33 PM
They are really going after everything.

Got pulled over today after diriving my car for 5 years with tinted windows. Not even that dark !

Even though many lives will lost due to the collapse, I can't say that I will miss the state one bit !

Call Me V
10-27-2009, 04:35 PM
That is freaking stupid.

It reminds me of when I got pulled over for pulling into a gas station that a cop was at and then turning around because I was going the wrong direction and he pulled me over for "suspicious driving".

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 04:39 PM
The founders are probably just as pissed as we are.

dannno
10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
There's a cop around here who pulled me and my roommate over within 2 weeks of each other in the same spot..

My roommate has the lightest possible tint on his front windows.. the cop let us go, he was pretty much looking for drunks and people with warrants, etc.. I was pulled over for having my license plate lights out (I didn't know they were out). That was my second time being pulled over, ever..

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 04:45 PM
The ticketing officer, seeing that I was exceedingly annoyed, proceded to try and explain that

a cop was shot long ago because he could not see into the drivers window, etc. so that is

why this was justified for him to prey on the populace who may be out of a paying job, much

like myself, while they enjoy the secured salary ( paid by the very same poulace that they are

bleeding for every dollar they can get ) of a minion of the state

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 04:50 PM
There's a cop around here who pulled me and my roommate over within 2 weeks of each other in the same spot..

My roommate has the lightest possible tint on his front windows.. the cop let us go, he was pretty much looking for drunks and people with warrants, etc.. I was pulled over for having my license plate lights out (I didn't know they were out). That was my second time being pulled over, ever..

Yeah I'm pretty sure he had another reason... if I played the part of submissive citizen and had I not thrown up my hands asking him whats up as he walked over to my vehicle, he might have showed some mercy to this humble commoner.:rolleyes:

malkusm
10-27-2009, 04:50 PM
When I went to Atlanta a couple months ago, I was driving my friend's car and we were looking for the hotel that we were staying at. My friend (who owned the car) was in the back seat, and another of my friends was in the passenger seat. Out of nowhere, a cop pulled up behind us and pulled us over. He asked to see my license, but *not* my registration; but, since I'm accustomed to handing over both, I gave him both. He took *only* my license and left the registration in my hand.

After about 5 minutes, a second officer came the wrong way down the street (it was a one-way) and pulled directly in FRONT of my car. At this point I have no idea what's going on. About a minute later the officer asks me to step out of the car. I asked him for what reason, and he just repeated his command louder, so I complied.

As I walked back to him (he was standing at the back bumper of my vehicle), he said "Are you nervous, son?" I said "No sir, just tired from 6 hours of driving, looking for the hotel." He proceeded to tell me that he thought it was suspicious that I was sitting at a red light, and proceeded to pull away and run the red light when the cop pulled up behind me (?!?)

I basically said "Well I'm sorry if I did that, I didn't think I had." Handed me the ticket and drove off (I was thinking he was going to try to search the car, which I was going to deny, as I had locked the car). Went back into the car, and I asked my friends (who were both watching me drive) if I had seriously done that...both of them were sure it was a setup into giving me a ticket. I'd fight it, but Atlanta's quite a trip from here.

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 04:54 PM
They are really out of hand.

They need as much of our money to bolster their numbers so they can try and maintain order amid the impending storm.

Bruno
10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
I got 3 tickets for window tint, total $225 before I finally removed mine. I hate it without the tint because it really made a difference at keeping it cooler in the summer.

phill4paul
10-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Folks challenge them. Challenge them at every opportunity. Don't look at it as a hassle. We are the front guard and the champions of freedom.
Then come hear and post how you stuck it to the man, got tasered and need a money-bomb defense fund. ;)
I slide you a twenty if the story is a good one w/ video proof.

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I got 3 tickets for window tint, total $225 before I finally removed mine. I hate it without the tint because it really made a difference at keeping it cooler in the summer.

So if we were to use their logic ( see post # 5 )...

due to the many people who have been shot wrongfully by police officers throughout the years, hmmm let me think about this... what should we do ?

Bruno
10-27-2009, 05:18 PM
So if we were to use their logic ( see post # 5 )...

due to the many people who have been shot wrongfully by police officers throughout the years, hmmm let me think about this... what should we do ?

I was basically told the same thing each time I protested.

Cop: "The tint is too dark, I can't see what you're doing in there."

Me: "What would I be doing? I'm driving."

Cop: "You could have a gun pointed at me or something."

Me: (to myself - "why did you come up to my window then?") "What about the back seat? My back windows are even darker."

Cop: "We don't care about that."

Me: "But doesn't that make little sense? I could have people in the backseat with guns just as easily. Or what about the back of a van where you can't even see in?"

Cop: "The ticket is $75. You'll keep getting one if you don't remove the tint. Sign here."

Me, as I drove away, "Thanks, dumbass"

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 05:23 PM
I was basically told the same thing each time I protested.

Cop: "The tint is too dark, I can't see what you're doing in there."

Me: "What would I be doing? I'm driving."

Cop: "You could have a gun pointed at me or something."

Me: (to myself - "why did you come up to my window then?") "What about the back seat? My back windows are even darker."

Cop: "We don't care about that."

Me: "But doesn't that make little sense? I could have people in the backseat with guns just as easily. Or what about the back of a van where you can't even see in?"

Cop: "The ticket is $75. You'll keep getting one if you don't remove the tint. Sign here."

Me, as I drove away, "Thanks, dumbass"

Laughing here ! :D

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Folks challenge them. Challenge them at every opportunity. Don't look at it as a hassle. We are the front guard and the champions of freedom.
Then come hear and post how you stuck it to the man, got tasered and need a money-bomb defense fund. ;)
I slide you a twenty if the story is a good one w/ video proof.

I agree to some extent.

I don't suggest people to try to get tasered, but at least let them know that the we are starting to get pissed off.

The police officer that gave me the ticket told me if I went and took the tint off within 24 hours and then took the ticket and vehicle to any precinct they would nullify the ticket.

So I did that.

When the officer in the precinct told me that they can't do that for me, I told them it is exactly this kind of bs that is helping America to collapse.

phill4paul
10-27-2009, 05:37 PM
I agree to some extent.

I don't suggest people to try to get tasered, but at least let them know that the we are starting to get pissed off.

The police officer that gave me the ticket told me if I went and took the tint off within 24 hours and then took the ticket and vehicle to any precinct they would nullify the ticket.

So I did that.

When the officer in the precinct told me that they can't do that for me, I told them it is exactly this kind of bs that is helping America to collapse.

The video might have helped in that instance.;) Seriously I feel for you. Every law abiding citizen breaks at least 3 laws a day w/out even knowing it.

Dark_Horse_Rider
10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
The video might have helped in that instance.;) Seriously I feel for you. Every law abiding citizen breaks at least 3 laws a day w/out even knowing it.

heh heh heh :cool:

manny229
10-27-2009, 06:30 PM
I got stopped twice within three days in NY, I was driving my brother's car, he was visiting from Florida and I guess he never had a problem down there. The cop had some type of device that measures the tint on the window. Luckily my bro had Florida plates so they didn't give me a ticket.
As an aside I was once pulled over for driving over the white line, the line at the side of the road. I didn't even notice, its not like I drove on the shoulder. I swear I at the most I might have driven on the white line for a few seconds. Luckily no ticket.
Anyway I've got a few more stories all BS on the Cops part.

And you know what... when I was younger I used to love watching COPs the TV program .... now I watch it just to see how many rules they break, and thats when they're on camera!

NYgs23
10-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Do any cops really join "the force" thinking "I want to become a police officer so I can ticket people with tinted windows."

Of those cops who do think like that, do we really want any of them to be cops?

Dr.3D
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
I think they don't like tinted windows, because they want to see if you are wearing your seat belt. They just love to make money from people not wearing seat belts.

Bruno
10-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I think they don't like tinted windows, because they want to see if you are wearing your seat belt. They just love to make money from people not wearing seat belts.

In Iowa, I remember when they implemented the seat belt very well because I was a rebellious teenager and when I first got my license they didn't have the law. In the beginning, the law stated they could not pull you over just for not wearing a seat belt, and that you had to be already guilty of another infraction and they could cite you for the seat belt violation as well. At the time, the ticket was $21, I believe.

It didn't take long before that changed, it seems like it was less than a few years. They realized seat belt violations were easy to spot, about half of people didn't wear them, and you could count on those using illegal drugs to be among those less likely to wear theirs. Thus, pull them over and catch them for bigger violations. The law changed so you could be pulled over just for the seat belt violation, and now the fine is $60.

Dr.3D
10-27-2009, 10:04 PM
In Iowa, I remember when they implemented the seat belt very well because I was a rebellious teenager and when I first got my license they didn't have the law. In the beginning, the law stated they could not pull you over just for not wearing a seat belt, and that you had to be already guilty of another infraction and they could cite you for the seat belt violation as well. At the time, the ticket was $21, I believe.

It didn't take long before that changed, it seems like it was less than a few years. They realized seat belt violations were easy to spot, about half of people didn't wear them, and you could count on those using illegal drugs to be among those less likely to wear theirs. Thus, pull them over and catch them for bigger violations. The law changed so you could be pulled over just for the seat belt violation, and now the fine is $60.

Slowly, slowly, little by little, they take more and more of our liberties away. Shouldn't there be a limit on how many laws they can make?

I often think there should be no such thing as a federal law. In my opinion, laws should be left to the states. When the federal government makes laws, they are dealing directly with the citizens of each state and this is why I believe they shouldn't be able to make federal laws.

I believe the federal government should never be able to deal directly with the citizens of any states, that should be a matter for each state to deal with.

Bruno
10-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Slowly, slowly, little by little, they take more and more of our liberties away. Shouldn't there be a limit on how many laws they can make?

I often think there should be no such thing as a federal law. In my opinion, laws should be left to the states. When the federal government makes laws, they are dealing directly with the citizens of each state and this is why I believe they shouldn't be able to make federal laws.

I believe the federal government should never be able to deal directly with the citizens of any states, that should be a matter for each state to deal with.

It'd be interesting to see what our country would look like if that were the case.

For every law made, two should be stricken. That'd slow 'em down. ;)