PDA

View Full Version : NPR spins poll on waning concern over "Climate change"

jmdrake
10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?verified=true&storyId=114207989

It was their call in show "Talk of the Nation". (I tried to call in but it's almost impossible to get through). They had the pollster on from Pew who tried to spin it as "people are just more concerned about the economy". They asked callers who's minds had changed to call in, but predictably it was mostly left wing "we've got to do more to make sure the rest of the country falls in line behind us" types. (One caller blamed the media for not hyping global warming enough.) I did send in an email and I posted a comment, but I was driving when the show came on and by the time I got to my computer it was almost off.

Side note: As a strategic matter it would be good if we monitored talk shows for upcoming programs like this (NPRs announces each show at least a day in advance but I can't stomach to listen to them enough these days to say abreast. However I would sacrifice and listen for the "greater good"). With a concerted effort we could dominate the comment pages, if not the phone lines themselves, to get an alternative view out to the masses. Productive? Can't be any less productive than arguing with each other here. ;)

Regards,

John M. Drake

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Productive? Can't be any less productive than arguing with each other here. ;)

no joke man. +1

jmdrake
10-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Folks, please register and NPR.org (use a dummy email account if you have to) and post your comments on this and other issues.

mconder
10-27-2009, 01:58 PM
(One caller blamed the media for not hyping global warming enough.)

Wow. Talk about out of touch with reality.

fisharmor
10-27-2009, 02:23 PM
NPR? Engaged in spin?
WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME?