PDA

View Full Version : Alan Grayson's latest ruckus- "That K Street Whore"

Imperial
10-27-2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hKv7iDNW3S3mVN7dD8ZVm9rCy0dQD9BJIANG0

Rep. Alan Grayson hurled the insult at Linda Robertson last month on the Alex Jones Show, a syndicated talk radio program, while discussing the Fed's resistance to stronger congressional oversight. Robertson is a former Enron lobbyist and Clinton administration adviser who was hired by Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke this summer to help with congressional relations.

Washington's K Street is where many lobbyists, trade associations and law firms have their offices.

Grayson took exception to Robertson's role, saying she has criticized congressional efforts to increase oversight.

"Here I am the only member of Congress who actually worked as an economist, and this lobbyist, this K Street whore, is trying to teach me about economics," he said.

Grayson's spokesman said this:

"She had the audacity to attack a congressman who used to be an economist," he said. "She's a career lobbyist who used to work for Enron and advocates for whatever she gets paid to promote."

lester1/2jr
10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
he meant she is a whore for the industry she is lobbying for but he should have known better

amy31416
10-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Mixed feelings about Grayson. But I gotta love him for this...

The HP headline reads thusly:

Alan Grayson calls a whore a whore-- Beltway whores freak out & defend Enron lobbyist working at the Fed

haaaylee
10-27-2009, 12:49 PM
you'd think that if he used to be an economist he would know better than to support this health care bullshit . . .

sofia
10-27-2009, 03:13 PM
I like Grayson's confrontational style. This is a high stakes game and we need real men to fight.

That said, I cannot support Grayson's deficit spending and support of Obama-care.

He's basically another Kusinich.

HOLLYWOOD
10-27-2009, 03:21 PM
We all know better about the politico sellots... A search in Ron Paul Forums for the word "WHORE"

Results: 2303 Posts

ah, make that 2304 ;)

jmdrake
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
I like Grayson's confrontational style. This is a high stakes game and we need real men to fight.

That said, I cannot support Grayson's deficit spending and support of Obama-care.

He's basically another Kusinich.

I'd say he's worse. Kucinich hasn't come out and attacked everyone who doesn't support Obamacare as being "anti American" or seeking the deaths of the uninsured. (Funny how the left wants to take this position while ignoring the very real "death panel" threat.) I don't mind the fact that Grayson or Kucinich disagrees with me on certain issues. I do mind the way Grayson is being disagreeable while using the terms "campaign for liberty" and "moneybomb" in his promotional material.

Sandman33
10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I really like Graysons actions about the Fed. And I really dislike everything else about the guy.

specsaregood
10-27-2009, 03:55 PM
I do mind the way Grayson is being disagreeable while using the terms "campaign for liberty" and "moneybomb" in his promotional material.

^Yeah, that's what I don't like either.

Besides he doesn't want to "end the fed"; he wants to have more control over the fed. My impression is that he wants this bill for the very reason the fed people have been arguing against the bill (control of monetary policy).

DaisyFL
10-27-2009, 04:07 PM
I'd say he's worse. Kucinich hasn't come out and attacked everyone who doesn't support Obamacare as being "anti American" or seeking the deaths of the uninsured. (Funny how the left wants to take this position while ignoring the very real "death panel" threat.) I don't mind the fact that Grayson or Kucinich disagrees with me on certain issues. I do mind the way Grayson is being disagreeable while using the terms "campaign for liberty" and "moneybomb" in his promotional material.

I agree. I know he's using his anti-Fed stance for political gain (he only really stepped up after that clip of him got a million + views), and that doesn't bother me. But seeing him planning a "moneybomb" is sickening. He has pledges for more than 100k. I really hope Ron Paul supporters aren't giving him money thinking that he is fighting for the same things we are, because he's only out for himself.
His ads say he has "guts". I'd say "audacity", is more accurate.