PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Amerika!!!

BillyDkid
10-01-2007, 07:07 PM
To serve and protect. No, they don't get cats out of trees or help change tires anymore. They ain't Andy of Mayberry. And you know that the "Law and Order" crowd (and of course, the rule of law is a maleable concept. When you're the boss the law is what you say it is.) love this stuff. There is something heart warming about jackboots and "no knock" warrants and assaulting defenseless people. If this doesn't smack of the Third Reich or Stalinist thugs I don't know what does. But Amerikans just love it, apparently. It gives them an erections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cu1a23IIFY

dircha
10-01-2007, 07:33 PM
All it takes to become a police officer in many states is a high school diploma and several months of training.

This gets you authority, the discretion to selectively enforce the law, a weapon, and license to brutalize and kill.

Officers who do not misuse their authority in at least some regard are few and far between, even if it is letting a buddy or a fellow officer or a city or state employee out of a citation, choosing to cite those hispanics minding their own business on the corner, or choosing to pull over and cite that young african american male in his cadillac when a mustang or harley just cruised by at 15 over.

There are no excuses.

Agree to mandate a criminal justice degree in addition to 24 months of training for all new officers, and hold all officers to the standard the position should demand - 1 strike and you are out - then we can talk about wages and funding.

If an officer doesn't like it, then tough luck. Get another job. I won't willingly grant him or her authority over my life.

It's my money and he or she works for me.

fsk
10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
If you really want to see accountability in police, let them sell their services in a free market.

Let people choose which policemen they want to hire for protection.

Right now, police are paid via taxes, which are collected by ... police. That's a system that's guaranteed to become abusive.

EvilEngineer
10-01-2007, 09:27 PM
If you really want to see accountability in police, let them sell their services in a free market.

Let people choose which policemen they want to hire for protection.

Right now, police are paid via taxes, which are collected by ... police. That's a system that's guaranteed to become abusive.

Sadly, I think police should be regulated to the government. Last thing I want is people with guns in competition for territory to get money for. We have problems with this already with the Mob and Gangs and "protection" money.

murrayrothbard
10-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Sadly, I think police should be regulated to the government. Last thing I want is people with guns in competition for territory to get money for.

The latter sentence is a direct contradiction of the former...;)

murrayrothbard
10-01-2007, 09:38 PM
It's my money and he or she works for me.

No, sorry. The police work for the state. It is their job to enforce the state's laws. They are paid by the state, out of funds collected from you. It is their job to get that money from you if you don't cough it up nicely.

No one pays for police like one would pay for a gardener. They do not work for you. They are there to "protect and serve" whether you want them to or not.

Shiranu
10-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I think im gona go cry now.

To think, just a few months ago, before I knew about Ron Paul, I was a brain washed tool of the media/gov't that belived in the whole "they are evil, we are good" bull shit. I honestly dont know if I can ever get that scar out of my mind that I supported, BELIVED, that our goverment was just and good.

murrayrothbard
10-01-2007, 09:49 PM

To think, just a few months ago, before I knew about Ron Paul, I was a brain washed tool of the media/gov't that belived in the whole "they are evil, we are good" bull shit. I honestly dont know if I can ever get that scar out of my mind that I supported, BELIVED, that our goverment was just and good.

Well that's what they have conditioned you to believe all your life. You should be proud that you are breaking free!

Hook
10-01-2007, 10:39 PM
I would favor millions of Agent Smiths running around, but for the benefit and protection of people rather than the Matrix.
You wouldn't have to pay them with taxes. And with their virtual omnipotence, they could protect people from entire governments.

rpfreedom08
10-01-2007, 10:44 PM

It's ok man I know exactly how you feel. I voted for that pig bastard twice. I believed in that turd to get me through these "tough" times, HE WOULD PROTECT ME! I was a tool and a fool! The big thing to remember is that we learned and became better people for that. Now we just have to try twice as hard as all these other people that didn't vote for him to make up for us screwing up. No problem I will gladly take that punishment :)

Hook
10-01-2007, 11:06 PM

Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. Hard to make blanket statements. Just that the temptation is always there to use power for corrupt ends, so the power needs to be minimized to the greatest extent possible.

austin356
10-01-2007, 11:44 PM
This guy says welcome to Amerika:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5ZMLUgvpFw

noxagol
10-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Wow.

BillyDkid
10-02-2007, 07:14 AM

Hey, but this is a GOOD thing. It is a reason to have hope. You can not hope to correct something until you can see what is wrong. People want to be good and want their goverment to be good and for that reason it can be. It can only start by seeing reality.

johngr
10-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I think alot of people need some police to protect them from the police.