PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Did You See This On TV Last Night?

libertygrl
10-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Anyone see the documentary that the Discovery Channel showed Sunday night called," Hunting the Lost Symbol?" There's a big reason why I'm bringing this up.

I had just completed reading the latest Dan Brown book "The Lost Symbol" which takes place in Washington D.C. It has to do with Freemasonry and hidden messages and symbols that are throughout D.C ., and I thought it would be cool to watch since I had just finished the book.

Anyway, this 2 hr. documentary examined the book's claims - just like they did with the DaVinci Code. So they were interviewing some historic experts on American history, ancient symbols, and even a Free Mason, who flatly denied anything sinister or secretive about the group.

I was actually enjoying it . About 1 1/2 hours in, A female psychologist was starting to discuss how Americans tend to get excited by conspiracy stories and that just because something is secretive we tend to blow it out of proportion! Then some other woman spoke who looked like she was dressed as a witch or something, and begins defending the Masons against conspiracy theorists.

During this time they are showing various scenes ... I forget exactly but I think it was a dramatization of Masonic rituals and stuff. I noticed that the word "conspiracy" had suddenly become very repetitive. As I continue watching, they suddenly threw in a 2 sec. clip of what appeared to be a tea party protest against Obamacare! I kid you not! They showed the same scene twice within the segment and for about 2 seconds each! I could clearly see a small group of people with anti-Obama banners and one guy flying the yellow flag that says "Don't Tread on Me."

I almost fell out of my chair. My immediate reaction was, what the hell does this have to do with secret mysteries of Washington DC?? Wow, it was without a doubt a propaganda hit piece. I could also tell by the sudden increase in the word "conspiracy theorists." I didn't get a chance to finish the final 1/2 hr so I wonder if there were anymore surprises like that.

I wish I had recorded it. It doesn't seem to be up on YouTube either. Anyone else happen to catch this film?

LittleLightShining
10-26-2009, 08:34 AM
I saw it a week or so ago. I thought it was on abc, though. Anyway, what stood out to me was Dan Brown talking about the apotheosis of George Washington-- a giant painting in the capitol depicting George Washington becoming a God. There was more discussion about it but I changed the channel because I didn't feel like trying to explain that to my 7yo.

tangent4ronpaul
10-26-2009, 08:55 AM
During this time they are showing various scenes ... I forget exactly but I think it was a dramatization of Masonic rituals and stuff. I noticed that the word "conspiracy" had suddenly become very repetitive. As I continue watching, they suddenly threw in a 2 sec. clip of what appeared to be a tea party protest against Obamacare! I kid you not! They showed the same scene twice within the segment and for about 2 seconds each! I could clearly see a small group of people with anti-Obama banners and one guy flying the yellow flag that says "Don't Tread on Me."

I almost fell out of my chair. My immediate reaction was, what the hell does this have to do with secret mysteries of Washington DC?? Wow, it was without a doubt a propaganda hit piece. I could also tell by the sudden increase in the word "conspiracy theorists." I didn't get a chance to finish the final 1/2 hr so I wonder if there were anymore surprises like that.

Did you catch the artical about the Obama administration "networking" with a media association to write into the scripts of hundreds of TV shows themes about volunteering in a possitive to further Obama's agenda?

You just found the conspiracy - the real one!

Thank God the federal govenment has so much control of the media. How else could they socially program the sheeple? :rolleyes:

-t

Bruno
10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Did you catch the artical about the Obama administration "networking" with a media association to write into the scripts of hundreds of TV shows themes about volunteering in a possitive to further Obama's agenda?

Thank God the federal govenment has so much control of the media. How else could they socially program the sheeple? :rolleyes:

-t

Just like past presidents have done with Drug War propaganda on sitcoms.

Elwar
10-26-2009, 09:15 AM
I don't understand the fascination of the Founders being masons...

It would be like a bunch of Ron Paul supporters moving to an island setting up a new government and wanting to include little epitaphs here and there to show off to one another what they'd done (hey check out the lawn I developed, I made it in the shape of RP...sweet dude).

Either way, as one Mason pointed out, you could probably find out everything you want to know about the Masons in about 3 hours of searches on the Internet.

I joined the Knights of Columbus a few years ago and though there are conspiracies about how we're supposed to be at the ready to kill all protestants at the pope's command...we mainly get together and drink and occassionally do charity work.

TonySutton
10-26-2009, 09:16 AM

-t

Friday a co worker mentioned several of the newspaper comics were about volunteering and service.

libertygrl
10-26-2009, 09:16 AM
I saw it a week or so ago. I thought it was on abc, though. Anyway, what stood out to me was Dan Brown talking about the apotheosis of George Washington-- a giant painting in the capitol depicting George Washington becoming a God. There was more discussion about it but I changed the channel because I didn't feel like trying to explain that to my 7yo.

You are correct. There was a special on ABC. I saw that one too. This was a different one. It was actually better and more in depth. Anyone here but me thinks it's shocking that they targeted protesters against Obama's healthcare plan as conspiracy theorists??

Tangent, I've notice storylines within an episode that were added to include global warming or volunteering. But actually showing a clip of protesters against Obamacare was really blatent.

Bruno
10-26-2009, 09:19 AM

It would be like a bunch of Ron Paul supporters moving to an island setting up a new government and wanting to include little epitaphs here and there to show off to one another what they'd done (hey check out the lawn I developed, I made it in the shape of RP...sweet dude).

Either way, as one Mason pointed out, you could probably find out everything you want to know about the Masons in about 3 hours of searches on the Internet.

I joined the Knights of Columbus a few years ago and though there are conspiracies about how we're supposed to be at the ready to kill all protestants at the pope's command...we mainly get together and drink and occassionally do charity work.

Are you a 33rd degree Mason? Part of the conspiracy theory is the higher up you are, the more you know.

If you look at powerful people in powerful positions, it begs the questoin - can you get to the top without being part of certain organizations, or attending their meetings? (Bilderberg meeting attended supposedly by Clinton and Obama, just before the Democratic nomination, for example. Kerry and Bush both being Skull and Bonesmen running against each other, etc.)

Carole
10-26-2009, 09:30 AM
No, I did not see it, but it was mentioned on Coast2Coast the other night. I just caught the tail end of some guest who says he/she (?) was inerviewed, but only a brief comment was actually used in the docoumentary.

So, the person interviewed was taken way out of context--probably to fit with the theme/agenda of the documentary. :)

jmdrake
10-26-2009, 09:34 AM
http://www.singletonlodge.org/2009/01/first-ever-inaugural-ball-a-success/
First-Ever Inaugural Ball-A Success!
Posted by admin on Jan 24th, 2009
Jan 24

Brethren from William R. Singleton and Masonic guests from all corners of the United States and even Canada gathered on January 20, 2009 to celebrate one of the great cornerstone celebrations in Washington, D.C.-the inauguration of a new president.

Photos of this wonderful event can be found at; http://www.flickr.com/photos/25799963@N04/sets/72157612842440768/.

Carole
10-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I think most members are totally innocent and unaware of what goes on beyond the 33rd degree.

Personally, i believe that anyone who belongs to a secret organization that pledges loyalty and protection to the other members/brotherhood/sisterhood is a dangerous precedent.

Did not Justice Santomayor just give up her membership in the female version of the Bohemian Grove in order to clean up her resume? I forget what it is called.

WClint
10-26-2009, 09:43 AM

Charity work thats a crime a against capitalism.

dannno
10-26-2009, 09:50 AM

First, you are confusing low level organizational goals and activities with high level organizational goals and activities. Secondly, you are not considering what G. Edward Griffin talks about regarding freedom organizations, and how they are able to be taken easily from the top down. Maybe the founders were high level Masons, but perhaps they were mostly all good people as many of us suspect? I mean, apparently Mason lodges were the meeting places where the Revolutionaries could secretly talk about their plans. The question is, was the Masonic organization at large behind the Revolution? And if so, were they doing it for a long-term goal of helping America become self-sustainable by a relatively controlled opposition and later have their banking and political system taken over? Who knows.. but to say that you can find everything you need to know about Masonry on the internet.... in one hour.. is pretty ridiculous...

LibertyEagle
10-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Friday a co worker mentioned several of the newspaper comics were about volunteering and service.

Oh yeah and that has been all over the TV too. Little snippets at the end of a bunch of TV shows, with the actors speaking. I saw an article that this was going to happen, posted right here on RPFs.

Very sickening indeed.

Romulus
10-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Anyone see the documentary that the Discovery Channel showed Sunday night called," Hunting the Lost Symbol?" There's a big reason why I'm bringing this up.

I had just completed reading the latest Dan Brown book "The Lost Symbol" which takes place in Washington D.C. It has to do with Freemasonry and hidden messages and symbols that are throughout D.C ., and I thought it would be cool to watch since I had just finished the book.

Anyway, this 2 hr. documentary examined the book's claims - just like they did with the DaVinci Code. So they were interviewing some historic experts on American history, ancient symbols, and even a Free Mason, who flatly denied anything sinister or secretive about the group.

I was actually enjoying it . About 1 1/2 hours in, A female psychologist was starting to discuss how Americans tend to get excited by conspiracy stories and that just because something is secretive we tend to blow it out of proportion! Then some other woman spoke who looked like she was dressed as a witch or something, and begins defending the Masons against conspiracy theorists.

I wish I had recorded it. It doesn't seem to be up on YouTube either. Anyone else happen to catch this film?

programming the masses

Pauls' Revere
10-26-2009, 11:07 AM
You'll have another chance to tape/tube it on 11/1.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/hunting-the-lost-symbol/EP01192683
;)

JeNNiF00F00
10-26-2009, 01:21 PM
If anyone recorded this show please put it on YT or even turn it into a torrent so we can download? Thanks!

Edit:
I just looked it up and see that they are going to show it again on Nov. 1st.

libertygrl
10-26-2009, 05:35 PM
You'll have another chance to tape/tube it on 11/1.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/hunting-the-lost-symbol/EP01192683
;)

Cool!