PDA

View Full Version : How to Educate Family and Friends

jth_ttu
10-25-2009, 09:31 PM
I've been trying to convince Family and Friends to open up to Libertarian Ideas. They are a mix of democrat and republican liberal and conservative. All of them agree with me strongly on some points, but think I am crazy on others. Does anyone know any good books to read on this?

noxagol
10-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Depends on how much reading they would like to do. Anything by Murray Rothbard if they want heavier reading, though I have read a few books of his and he is pretty good at writing, not very dul and dry.

Perhaps if you shared which issues they think you are crazy on we could provide you with a more targeted answer.

jth_ttu
10-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Depends on how much reading they would like to do. Anything by Murray Rothbard if they want heavier reading, though I have read a few books of his and he is pretty good at writing, not very dul and dry.

Perhaps if you shared which issues they think you are crazy on we could provide you with a more targeted answer.

The thing they have the most trouble with is how small I think Government should be. When I start talking about getting rid of the Fed, ending welfare, social security, and many other government programs Americans are so dependent on both the Dems and Reps think I've lost it.

My mom is a Fundamentalist Christian. She has trouble accepting my Social beliefs and foreign policy. Endind the Drug war, gay marriage, personal liberty in general, and the middle east.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-26-2009, 12:47 AM
The thing they have the most trouble with is how small I think Government should be. When I start talking about getting rid of the Fed, ending welfare, social security, and many other government programs Americans are so dependent on both the Dems and Reps think I've lost it.

My mom is a Fundamentalist Christian. She has trouble accepting my Social beliefs and foreign policy. Endind the Drug war, gay marriage, personal liberty in general, and the middle east.

I have had a bit of success with my fundamentalist grandparents with the issue of national sovereignty and the economy. They voted for Bush and Rick Perry, but were totally against the Trans Texas Corridor, which is Texas's way of saying NAFTA highway.