PDA

View Full Version : Obama's fury at Baghdad bloodbath, BBC news video shows blast live

Liberty Star
10-25-2009, 06:33 PM
This Iraqi bloodbath has invoked even stronger reaction from Obama than Afghan bloodshed few weeks ago when over 100 villagers were killed from air strike on oil tankers:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8325306.stm

Could Iraq war violence start again after we stopped funding their liberation?

Reason
10-25-2009, 11:47 PM
YouTube - Massive Twin Car Bombings Of Iraqi Government Buildings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot48oJQcltc)

Andrew-Austin
10-25-2009, 11:57 PM
We've given Iraq democracy and freedom, how come things haven't started working out for them yet?

WClint
10-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Leave tomorrow and remembers its neither our fault or our problem. Who is to blame the terrorists and the globalists. Maybe the Iraqis can then sue the shit out of the globalists because at least they have money.

angelatc
10-26-2009, 05:27 AM
Leave tomorrow and remembers its neither our fault or our problem. Who is to blame the terrorists and the globalists. Maybe the Iraqis can then sue the shit out of the globalists because at least they have money.

It is sort of our fault. Saddam was brutal but he kept things from blowing up.

silverhandorder
10-26-2009, 05:34 AM
LOL if you are going to occupy a country do it right. Honestly they relaxed the security in the middle of a fucking war. Why are the people in charge still in their positions after that?

I don't agree with war, but I also don't agree with stupid people putting other people in danger during war.

Icymudpuppy
10-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Well, if the Iraqi people actually thought their "democratic" government was legit instead of just a puppet of the American occupiers, perhaps they wouldn't bomb it the minute the American occupiers relax their attentiveness.

Solution. When the Iraqi people vote for, and elect a guy like Mr. Sadr, we let him win, instead of declaring it a fraudulent election. Then, when Mr. Sadr says "Get the hell out of our country", we say, "yep, we shouldn't have come in the first place."

Reason
10-26-2009, 09:51 AM
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/10/26/155_killed_in_double_suicide_bombing

lester1/2jr
10-26-2009, 11:44 AM
washington countied their chickens before they hatched

jmdrake
10-26-2009, 12:15 PM

I agree...sort of. I didn't support the invasion of Iraq and I suspect you didn't either. There's got to be some limit to the culpability of the entire nation for the actions of the neocons.

But more importantly we need to realize that our capability of "fixing" the situation is slim to none. Unless we're prepared to stay in Iraq and Afghanistan forever or until we are totally destroyed economically (which may be the plan) we need to face up to the fact that people are going to die if we leave and people are going to die if we stay. I recently saw that Code Pink is softpeddling the idea of an Afghan pullout based on a "We need to stay for the women" argument.

lester1/2jr
10-26-2009, 12:16 PM
the only secular leader in the muslm world and we got rid of him and expected peace

jmdrake
10-26-2009, 12:20 PM
the only secular leader in the muslm world and we got rid of him and expected peace

Hosni Mubarak's secular as is the leadership of Syria. (Syria is baathist just like Saddam. That's why Iraqi Christians fled to Syria after the fall of Saddam.)

Bruno
10-26-2009, 12:21 PM
washington countied their chickens before they hatched

and now they are coming home to roost?

torchbearer
10-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Hosni Mubarak's secular as is the leadership of Syria. (Syria is baathist just like Saddam. That's why Iraqi Christians fled to Syria after the fall of Saddam.)

Is Jordan a monarchy?

jmdrake
10-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Is Jordan a monarchy?

Had to check to be sure if it still was, but yes.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/jo.html

Why do you ask?

torchbearer
10-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Had to check to be sure if it still was, but yes.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/jo.html

Why do you ask?

just wondering, i thought I saw a piece on the monarchy there, but didn't know if it was token like in england.

devil21
10-26-2009, 05:47 PM

Im about convinced that these deeply divided Muslim countries NEED dictators (theocracries, monarchies, etc) to keep the fringe extremists in line. They are not of the same mindset that we are. They do not live by our standards. Trying to turn them into Americans is an exercise in futility. Reagan's statement on the irrationality of middle eastern politics still rings true today.

jmdrake
10-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Im about convinced that these deeply divided Muslim countries NEED dictators (theocracries, monarchies, etc) to keep the fringe extremists in line. They are not of the same mindset that we are. They do not live by our standards. Trying to turn them into Americans is an exercise in futility. Reagan's statement on the irrationality of middle eastern politics still rings true today.

Iran was a democracy before the CIA overthrew Mossadeq in a coup using false flag terrorism and installed the Shah. (They admit this at cia.gov). And Turkey has had democracy for some time.

devil21
10-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Iran and Turkey are deeply divided Muslim countries? I meant more like Iraq and Syria and the like.

This is excluding the possibility that bombings like in this thread aren't actually just intel ops to keep violence in Iraq on the front page of the news. Violence and instability will always be the method used to justify a permanent US presence in Iraq.

BlackTerrel
10-26-2009, 09:28 PM
LOL if you are going to occupy a country do it right. Honestly they relaxed the security in the middle of a fucking war. Why are the people in charge still in their positions after that?

I don't agree with war, but I also don't agree with stupid people putting other people in danger during war.

If Iraq was really a threat to us we have the legitimate right to take them out. Take out their systems, get the job done and then pull out. Don't make our people be police which they are not trained to do. Put our own people at risk and spend trillions of our own dollars.

I was opposed to the war but if you do it then do it right.

sofia
10-26-2009, 09:30 PM
this is clearly the work of MOSSAD.

jmdrake
10-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Iran and Turkey are deeply divided Muslim countries? I meant more like Iraq and Syria and the like.

This is excluding the possibility that bombings like in this thread aren't actually just intel ops to keep violence in Iraq on the front page of the news. Violence and instability will always be the method used to justify a permanent US presence in Iraq.

Ok. Lebanon is a democracy. They were doing fine before they got invaded by Israel. Lebanon's constitution requires that a Christian is president. So everytime Israel attacks Lebanon she is undermining a Christian head of state. (For the record Saddam's second in command Terik Aziz was Christian too.)