PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo just filed for 1.6 million in matching funds.

Lord Xar
10-01-2007, 06:52 PM
http://teamtancredo.org/news.php?newsid=76

Tancredo Campaign Makes $1.6 Million Submission for Matching Funds
IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 1, 2007
alan.moore@teamtancredo.org
o.703.255.9898
c.303-332-8279

Tancredo Campaign Makes $1.6 Million
Submission for Matching Funds

(Washington, D.C.) – The Tancredo Campaign filed its first matching funds submission today-for $1.606 million.

“We are on track to be a force in the upcoming primary season,” National Chair Bay Buchanan stated, “This submission will be used as collateral for a bank loan which guarantees the campaign all the funds necessary to be strong in the coming months.”

In order to be eligible to receive matching funds, campaigns must reach a threshold of $100,000. The total amount must include $5,000 raised in 20 different states with a maximum donation of $250 from any individual. The Tancredo campaign was officially certified to receive matching funds on September 12, 2007.

Submissions are made on the first working day of each month. Beginning in January 2008 funds are distributed by the U.S. Treasury Department.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Cool website, Dean.

Elwar
10-01-2007, 06:54 PM
More wasted spending by our federal government.

Thanks Tancredo.

Lord Xar
10-01-2007, 06:56 PM
thank you.. took me long enough to get it together. I spliced some radio ads together and such for consumption. I have 2 others being made. You have any ideas, please don't hesitate to let me know.

james1906
10-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Great conservative principles there Tancredo. I'd rather have taxpayer dollars going to illegals instead of politicians.

winston_blade
10-01-2007, 07:10 PM
so he's going to end up having 3.2 mil this quarter? I guess I don't understand. How much are his 3Q totals?

Lord Xar
10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't know.. but it would be interesting to note if they report HIS earnings WITH the matching funds and not make reference to it.. to offset Ron Paul.. now woudln't that be hilarious.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
god.. I hate that guy... Tom Tancredo, go to hell!

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm kind of surprised. At some point he's going to need to start turning his attention to keeping his House seat.

Eric21ND
10-01-2007, 07:27 PM
That guy needs to go crawl back into his hole and take Brownback with you...I can't stand the holier than thou crap.

Cindy
10-01-2007, 08:19 PM
If I read this right, it's all REALLY pathetic. It said that he finally qualified to receive the match as of mid Sept, meaning, he finally got up to $100,000 only in legitmate donations.

The 1.6 Million is a loan from a bank, and the government match is the security on that loan.

Tancredo will be able to show 3.2 mil when he only legitmately raised $100,000 from supporters.

This system sucks if I understood that correctly..

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 08:21 PM
That guy should lose his seat for this

saku39
10-02-2007, 02:14 AM
This guy just doesn't want to go away.

Does he think that if he stays on, he might be in the running for vice president, like Huckabee is doing?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2007, 02:33 AM
This guy just doesn't want to go away.

Does he think that if he stays on, he might be in the running for vice president, like Huckabee is doing?

lol no chance in hell... bomb holy muslim cities? He killed his campaign

saku39
10-02-2007, 03:31 AM

I know he has no chance, I'm just saying: "Is that his goal?"

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2007, 03:38 AM
I know he has no chance, I'm just saying: "Is that his goal?"

his goal is to be annoying

PaleoForPaul
10-02-2007, 04:18 AM

Of course, he said we should do that in response to a nuclear attack on our soil. No, that didn't 'kill his campaign' as much as the fact that nobody knows who he is, and he doesn't really stand out in the debates.

As for his taking matching funds and staying in the race, it isn't suprising. He will probably stay in until he has to drop out due to the law in his state against running for congress and president at the same time. Paul doesn't have that problem since he's in Texas.

Also, your 'just drop out' attitude twards him isn't different from what the MSM says about Dr. Paul. Really, everyone should hang around long enough to get their message out, and most people aren't even paying attention to the primaries yet.

saku39
10-02-2007, 04:58 AM
Of course, he said we should do that in response to a nuclear attack on our soil. No, that didn't 'kill his campaign' as much as the fact that nobody knows who he is, and he doesn't really stand out in the debates.

As for his taking matching funds and staying in the race, it isn't suprising. He will probably stay in until he has to drop out due to the law in his state against running for congress and president at the same time. Paul doesn't have that problem since he's in Texas.

Also, your 'just drop out' attitude twards him isn't different from what the MSM says about Dr. Paul. Really, everyone should hang around long enough to get their message out, and most people aren't even paying attention to the primaries yet.

Tancredo is nuts. That brinkmanship crap is exactly what causes World Wars. Whether you think it would be justified or not, bombing Mecca with a nuclear weapon would only ensure holy war on a scale like before never seen. The deathtoll would probably be close to a billion. It would be a total bloodbath on both sides. We already had one cold war with Mutually Assured Destruction, we don't need another.

The just drop out attitude makes perfect sense when he's not saying anything that much different than the people already in the race, in addition to the fact he has practically no support. He would have way more support if he had the record or message Ron Paul does, but he doesn't. People have a right to be annoyed with him. It's their tax payer money he's using to get his "more of the same" neo-con message out.

I hope he stays in longer. The more deluded the pro-war neo-cons are, the better. He helps split up support a little more. I'm just irrititated at matching funds. That's a scam.

Primbs
10-02-2007, 06:27 AM
I thought Tancredo had just over 100 K at the Iowa straw poll and he was broke and would be leaving the race?

We have to start knocking out some of these others competitors that are "conservative"

synapz
10-02-2007, 06:30 AM
I'm fine with this. The more people that stay in, the better, IMHO; it dilutes the vote and lets us Ron Paul spammers, well, spam! :o

Primbs
10-02-2007, 06:35 AM
I am hoping our natural base includes most the other congressmen who are in the race. It is good to keep the McCain, Rudy, Mitt and Fred in to split the vote but we need to get the votes from the others in the race to win some primaries.

Badger Paul
10-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Gee, I wonder Bank would invest in that campaign?

ARealConservative
10-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Tancredo is nuts. That brinkmanship crap is exactly what causes World Wars. Whether you think it would be justified or not, bombing Mecca with a nuclear weapon would only ensure holy war on a scale like before never seen. The deathtoll would probably be close to a billion. It would be a total bloodbath on both sides. We already had one cold war with Mutually Assured Destruction, we don't need another.

The just drop out attitude makes perfect sense when he's not saying anything that much different than the people already in the race, in addition to the fact he has practically no support. He would have way more support if he had the record or message Ron Paul does, but he doesn't. People have a right to be annoyed with him. It's their tax payer money he's using to get his "more of the same" neo-con message out.

I hope he stays in longer. The more deluded the pro-war neo-cons are, the better. He helps split up support a little more. I'm just irrititated at matching funds. That's a scam.

There is nothing wrong with what he said, other then he said it.

If our cities start exploding due to suitcase nukes, we are going to have to do something drastic.

There are many in the Paul camp that consider Tancredo the second best option - so shelve the deragotory talk about him.

UCFGavin
10-02-2007, 07:51 AM
does that mean hes raised $1.6 million this year so far?

Bradley in DC
10-02-2007, 08:18 AM
does that mean hes raised $1.6 million this year so far?

I posted what we know about fundraising here:
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21634

Original_Intent
10-02-2007, 08:28 AM
He won't be able to count the funds toward Q3 because he had to submit the application for matching funds on Oct 1. He will not be able to get the loan (I don't believe) until whatever paperwork is done so that he has the collateral for the loan.

So I don't think we have to worry about him reporting 3.2 million for the quarter.

KingTheoden
10-02-2007, 08:43 AM

Could you imagine if a candidate said, 'if we are attacked by Polish terrorists, WE'LL NUKE THE VATICAN!!!'

Tancredo's statement was cartoonish and downright frightening. Even if you dislike Muslim people, you would have to be a complete idiot to believe nuking Mecca would somehow improve the strategic situation. You would have hundreds of millions of furious people ready and willing to retaliate.

Tancredo, like other candidates, I have no doubt are in this only to fracture the field; they make it harder to get conservatives to unify behind Ron Paul.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2007, 09:05 AM

oh well. I couldn't care less about Tom Tancredo. I couldn't stand him after IOWA

saku39
10-02-2007, 12:11 PM
There is nothing wrong with what he said, other then he said it.

If our cities start exploding due to suitcase nukes, we are going to have to do something drastic.

What he said was crazy and shouldn't have been said.

And yes, suitcase nukes blowing up one of our cities would merit a drastic response, I never said it wouldn't. But say the IRA blew up Buckingham Palace. Would the people of England be right to bomb of the Vatican?

There are many in the Paul camp that consider Tancredo the second best option - so shelve the deragotory talk about him.

I'm not shelving anything. If someone is going to take what I said about Tancredo and dump Ron Paul because of it, they have very thin skin and need to re-examine what is important to them: Their beliefs or some guy talking bad about their second choice?

Consider the 9/11 Truther's-- I think what they're saying is nuts. Am I going to stop my support just because some of them support Ron Paul? No, I am not.

PaleoForPaul
10-02-2007, 12:59 PM
[COLOR="Navy"]

What he said was crazy and shouldn't have been said.

That is your opinion, but if you believe in real debate, Tancredo represents the views of some conservatives. You've never had a friend who's said 'just bomb them to the stone age if they attack us again' statement?

If someone is going to take what I said about Tancredo and dump Ron Paul because of it, they have very thin skin and need to re-examine what is important to them: Their beliefs or some guy talking bad about their second choice?

Honestly, I learned not to take the people on this forum too seriously long ago, and not to let their opinions change my opinion of Dr. Paul which is formed on his positions, not the positions of his supporters.

I could bring up Tancredo's various positions, and point out how conservative they really are, but it's fairly useless since you're stuck on the one statement he made, much like the conservatives who can't help but associate Dr. Paul with Democrats because he's anti-war.

fourameuphoria
10-02-2007, 01:08 PM
That is your opinion, but if you believe in real debate, Tancredo represents the views of some conservatives. You've never had a friend who's said 'just bomb them to the stone age if they attack us again' statement?

Honestly, I learned not to take the people on this forum too seriously long ago, and not to let their opinions change my opinion of Dr. Paul which is formed on his positions, not the positions of his supporters.

I could bring up Tancredo's various positions, and point out how conservative they really are, but it's fairly useless since you're stuck on the one statement he made, much like the conservatives who can't help but associate Dr. Paul with Democrats because he's anti-war.

I'm with you. Let's also remember that Tancredo's the only other Republican that doesn't want to put cancer patients in jail for using medical marijuana.

saku39
10-02-2007, 03:18 PM
You've never had a friend who's said 'just bomb them to the stone age if they attack us again' statement?

Sure, but they're not running for the office of president.

That's cool. You're right, I can't consider him. He's disqualified because of those insane bombing statements.

PaleoForPaul
10-03-2007, 07:43 AM
[COLOR="Navy"]
Sure, but they're not running for the office of president.

Of course, if you go back and re-read my post, you will understand that I think having Tancredo in is good because it makes those kinds of statements debatable. I guess if you don't want to hear the opinions of everyone, then just calling for him to be silenced or to drop out is fine.