PDA

View Full Version : $35 million for Ron Paul, $2.5 million for congress?

SwordOfShannarah
10-25-2009, 08:32 AM
A lot of people blame the economy for the lower performance of recent money bombs. I'm sure it has had some impact but I don't think the economy is major the reason we're not raising as much money.

All of the money bombs this cycle convert visitors to pledges at about the same ratio they did in '08- 10%.

The number of visitors to the money is what has significantly dropped.

Also consider Rand Paul's largest money bomb probably had about 8,000 total donors with pledge amounts around $50 each. Again, people are letting go of about the same about of money as they were in 08 but instead of 64,000 donors we have 8,000.

Based on this I believe we can really ramp this up and start raising millions again simply by getting fired up pushing this event like we did before. It was the promotion of a lot of people doing a little bit that made it all happen. It won't be any different this time.

If you're up for promoting ThisNovember5th.com every day please bump this thread with an "I'm in".

AdamT
10-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Have banners on our doc site which is getting traffic from all over.

Misesian
10-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Here is one correlating (albeit no causality proven) factor, no GhoeberX promo trailers for any of these money bombs. What the heck happened to that guy? I'll still watch some of his YouTubes for a recharge of inspiration every now and then.

torchbearer
10-25-2009, 12:50 PM
been doing this political gig for 13 years. Interest rise around presidential elections, fall between election.
Only political wonks keep the fires burning in-between.

Good news is- I've never seen this many people hang in there between presidential elections.

The drop off in donations is a combination of bad economic times and fewer activist participating.

pacelli
10-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Also I haven't heard of any of these moneybombs outside of this forum. The number of visitors to the forum has decreased since the campaign. Limiting advertising for any moneybomb to this forum is a guaranteed recipe for a reduced amount of total cash donated.

Flash
10-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Also I haven't heard of any of these moneybombs outside of this forum. The number of visitors to the forum has decreased since the campaign. Limiting advertising for any moneybomb to this forum is a guaranteed recipe for a reduced amount of total cash donated.

Do a google search for Conservative or Republican forums on the actual day of the money bomb. You'll see quite a few posts about them. The reason it isn't promoted much is due to us not wanting to be labeled as 'spammers' or 'Ron Paul bots.'

Michigan11
10-28-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm in will be commenting on the youtubes and already pledges for 2 candidates and will give more than pledged, will also get others i know to donate on the 5th... they never sign up why i dono?

Arklatex
10-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Good news is- I've never seen this many people hang in there between presidential elections.

Nathan Hale
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Do a google search for Conservative or Republican forums on the actual day of the money bomb. You'll see quite a few posts about them. The reason it isn't promoted much is due to us not wanting to be labeled as 'spammers' or 'Ron Paul bots.'

No, it's simply due to the fact that these aren't presidential elections, and 2010 isn't even a presidential election year, so participation is going to be dramatically lower. Plus, everyone, it's still early in the game. Senate and Congressional races don't have the same timelines as Presidential races, and in 2010 we're getting more saavy about our donations, so expect donations to be more evenly distributed than in 2008.

MR2Fast2Catch
11-03-2009, 11:03 PM
I just don't have the money to donate that I used to. I'm getting less hours at work and school is getting more expensive. So the economy, or whatever, has definitely impacted my ability to donate. I still do donate, but it's nowhere near what I was able to donate during Ron Paul's campaign.