PDA

View Full Version : Crashed Democrat event with Warner and Creigh Deeds

Baptist
10-24-2009, 11:31 PM
I was notified via the College Democrats website that Senator Warner and Creigh Deeds were going to hold a rally before the flock went door knocking. I whipped up a flyer in 20 minutes and went down to the county’s Democrat headquarters, which sits directly on old-timey Main St. I stood out front and passed out flyers to everyone as they entered. Similarly, I handed out some to other bystanders and people in their cars with the windows rolled down.

Only two of the Obamatons reciprocated their frustration about Obama carrying on Bush’s policies. One of them happened to be the guy who heads the monthly anti-war demonstrations in town. When Ron Paul came up, he said that Paul was more anti-war than Obama, but he voted for Obama because Obama was friendly to the unions. The other was a middle-aged woman who talked to me for ten minutes and I directed her to the appropriate websites. The only other Democrats who talked to me expressed their displeasure in my flyer. I heard all kinds of excuses for Obama. “He inherited a mess,” and “just give him time,” and “I don’t see how you can really compare him to Bush in any way.”

After their rally was over, I managed to approach Senator Warner. Although two of the Democrat workers were physically blocking me from talking to Warner, I managed to slip around and ask him a question. Mind you, Warner had no idea that I was there handing out flyers, and in his eyes I was just another college Democrat.

Me: “Senator Warner, you have time for a quick question?”
<shake hands>
Me: “A bunch of us on campus were wondering if you could sponsor S.604 to Audit the Federal Reserve because we want to know where all this money from Bailouts is going.”
Warner: “Well, the problem with that is that we don’t want anybody interfering with Fed policy. Actually, the Fed is audited all the time, but again, we don’t want anyone interfering with their monetary policy.”
Me: “I understand that…”
Warner: “But I’ll look into the bill”
Me: “OK. Will you look at S.604 and check into it?”
Warner: “I will.”

I was the last person to ask him a question before they whisked him off to his window-tinted SUV.

I then pulled out my last flyer, walked over to Creigh Deeds, and proceeded to hand it to him. He read part of it, shook his head, then went on shaking hands and smiling.

How's That Change Working Out For You?
http://therealbarackobama.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/1-1-head-up-ass.jpg

Obama wants to make permanent Bush’s warrantless phone wiretapping program.
Obama wants to permanently allow the NSA to read our emails without warrants.
Obama has continued the practice of detaining suspects without trial, indefinitely.
Obama has continued the practice of extraordinary rendition—sending suspects abroad to be tortured.
Obama campaigned on bringing the troops home from Iraq “immediately,” yet no end is in sight.
Obama has increased the number of private mercenaries in Iraq.
Obama has no plans to dismantle bases in Iraq.
Obama has expanded Bush’s war in Afghanistan, killing scores of innocent civilians.
Obama has continually bombed Pakistan with unmanned aerial drones, killing dozens of civilians.
Obama sounds worse than Bush when it comes to Iran war rhetoric.
Obama has continued to give Wall Street bankers billions in free money.
Obama still refuses to release the Pentagon torture photos.

Thanks for the change. Glad somebody can believe in it. Please, don’t let this flyer stop you from receiving propaganda from your television. If you start thinking for yourself, then you might realize that Obama is flushing the Constitution down the toilet. The same Constitution that Bush wiped his rear-end with.

Imperial
10-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Virginia doesn't seem to have a great electoral landscape right now.

Chester Copperpot
10-24-2009, 11:50 PM
I like the flyer.