PDA

View Full Version : I just was called for a TIME magazine poll

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 06:26 PM
And no, they didn't even ask me about Ron Paul. But, I did have an opportunity on the last question to state for whom I was voting. It was just too weird. The question was... Who would like to see run that has not already been listed? So, I said HE IS running and his name is Ron Paul.

The pollster had not even heard of him. There were several questions about each of the following:
Thompson
Romney
Giuliani
McCain

Hillary
Obama
Edwards
Biden

I almost hung up on her, but I guess I'm glad I took it. I kept asking her.. now, what is the lowest rating I can choose? :D

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Crazy!

RJB
10-01-2007, 06:43 PM
That's why he's 1-5 percent. Most people choose from a list. Only a few will say a name at the end.

Also notice how the list shortens as Ron Paul gets closer to the top?

BillyDkid
10-01-2007, 06:47 PM
That's why he's 1-5 percent. Most people choose from a list. Only a few will say a name at the end.

Also notice how the list shortens as Ron Paul gets closer to the top?That's exactly it. We have seen this dishonesty all over the place - polls not listing Ron Paul and then posting very low numbers for him. I never could find the poll again, but there was one poll that had no Ron Paul option, but had a Ron Paul result which was essentially zero. And you know that in many of these nationwide polls Ron Paul is not even given as an option.

hard@work
10-01-2007, 06:48 PM
If only we could get this recorded and published...

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 06:49 PM
If only we could get this recorded and published...

we all need phone recorders or a good out of pocket one.

theseus51
10-01-2007, 07:41 PM
I thought it's illegal to record a phone conversation if you don't get permission first.

Electrostatic
10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Even if they call you?

foofighter20x
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I thought it's illegal to record a phone conversation if you don't get permission first.

All depends on your state and its privacy laws.

Although, most states with laws like that only protect phone calls where there was a reasonable expectation of privacy. In this case, they plan on publishing the results, so you are the only real party that is interested in the privacy of your own phone call.

It's debatable.

walt
10-01-2007, 08:14 PM
It's part of the undeclareed war - it's time for us to declare war on all these alleged polling companies and the frauds that they all are.

Ninja Homer
10-01-2007, 08:17 PM

I don't know if the law is different in different states. In mine, it is illegal to record a phone conversation involving only other people (unless they know about it and agree to it), but it is legal to record a conversation if you are involved in it. So in this case, it would be legal.

V4Vendetta
10-01-2007, 08:18 PM
nope as long as atleast 1 side of the conversation knows its being recorded. nothing illegal. And if it was, who cares, aren't we trying to make this a free nation again?? lol laws that are unconstitutional must be broken!

Syren123
10-01-2007, 08:30 PM

Not if you're Homeland Security.

McDermit
10-01-2007, 09:12 PM
nope as long as atleast 1 side of the conversation knows its being recorded. nothing illegal. And if it was, who cares, aren't we trying to make this a free nation again?? lol laws that are unconstitutional must be broken!

Varies in other states. PA is a two party state. Both (or all) involved parties must consent.

But for a call like that, it could reasonably be assumed that it's being recorded and/or monitored on their end. As long as you aren't trying to use it in court, you shouldn't have a problem recording it.