PDA

View Full Version : Tea Parties, Texas Nationalists may be joining forces

Flash
10-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Some organizers of the Tea Party movement, dissatisfied with what they call the "hijacking" of many of their events by politicians with the Republican Party, have opened discussions with the Texas Nationalist Movement to possibly join forces for events in the future.

"Too many Republican politicians are getting in on the Tea Parties, and this movement was not intended to be a platform for them," said one Texas-based Tea Party event organizer, who asked tat he not be identified prior to an agreement. "We need to find candidates to run against all the incumbents of both parties and restore our government, and we're on the same page with the Texas Nationalist Movement in that regard."

Texas Nationalist Movement President Daniel Miller said he had not yet seen full details of the proposed partnership, but said the TNM and Tea Party movements share a number of common goals and his organization would be open to holding some joint events.

"The main thing for us is, we need to take back our government, and we can start by taking back our state," the Tea Party representative said. "People all over the country are watching what is going on in Texas, what Texas will do. If Texas is the only state we can take back, then let's do that and let's become our own country again."

Miller said his organization has no immediate plans for any statewide events at the moment, but "that can always change if Washington does something that needs to be addressed."

site: http://www.examiner.com/x-24030-Texas-Nationalist-Examiner~y2009m10d20-Tea-Parties-Texas-Nationalists-may-be-joining-forces

Flash
10-25-2009, 02:18 PM
bump.

CaseyJones
10-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Free Republic of Texas FTW! :D

Kotin
10-25-2009, 02:44 PM
nice!!

NerveShocker
10-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Good. Nationalists are cool in my book.

jmdrake
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Cool! And don't forget where the tea parties actually started. (*cough* 9/11 truthers *cough cough*)

anaconda
10-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Cool! And don't forget where the tea parties actually started. (*cough* 9/11 truthers *cough cough*)

I thought the origins of the tea party movement was actually a bit of a mystery. I know the RP grassroots had events on 12/16/07 but I don't know to what extent those incited the current movement. I like to think there is a significant connection.:)

jmdrake
10-25-2009, 05:00 PM
I thought the origins of the tea party movement was actually a bit of a mystery. I know the RP grassroots had events on 12/16/07 but I don't know to what extent those incited the current movement. I like to think there is a significant connection.:)

When the first Ron Paul Tea Party was planned, some were upset because the Boston area 9/11 truth movement had a Tea Party planned that for that same day. But the 9/11 tea party was a yearly event that started before the campaign.

See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45611&highlight=boston+truthers

There is a real tension between being "mainstream" and being on message. Truthers don't hurt the message (you can't really be pro war and pro government if you think the government is so untrustworthy that it might turn on its own people) but they (we) aren't mainstream. Some from the mainstream GOP have hurt the message. (Went to a tea party where the opening prayer ended with "And Lord help us support Israel through whom you will fulfill prophecy and we will receive salvation.) Is it better to have a smaller movement that's closer to principles or a larger movement that projects a diluted message to the world? Some things we need to work through.

Regards,

John M. Drake

anaconda
10-25-2009, 05:32 PM
When the first Ron Paul Tea Party was planned, some were upset because the Boston area 9/11 truth movement had a Tea Party planned that for that same day. But the 9/11 tea party was a yearly event that started before the campaign.

See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...oston+truthers

There is a real tension between being "mainstream" and being on message. Truthers don't hurt the message (you can't really be pro war and pro government if you think the government is so untrustworthy that it might turn on its own people) but they (we) aren't mainstream. Some from the mainstream GOP have hurt the message. (Went to a tea party where the opening prayer ended with "And Lord help us support Israel through whom you will fulfill prophecy and we will receive salvation.) Is it better to have a smaller movement that's closer to principles or a larger movement that projects a diluted message to the world? Some things we need to work through.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Thank you for the nice response. Still, I don't think the sum total of people who advocate 9-11 transparency plus the RP grassroots have been the major inspirations for the current tea party phenomenon. I wonder if anyone did a statistically valid sampling and polling at various tea party events, to ascertain how the various participants came to be there?

Matt Collins
10-25-2009, 07:59 PM
YouTube - Sen Cornyn Booed, Called a 'Traitor' at Austin Tea Party 7-4-2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKzPPqHKhYI)
YouTube - Sen John Cornyn at Austin Tea Party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i92zmYCd81s)

CaseyJones
10-25-2009, 08:04 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/39273.html

jmdrake
10-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Thank you for the nice response. Still, I don't think the sum total of people who advocate 9-11 transparency plus the RP grassroots have been the major inspirations for the current tea party phenomenon. I wonder if anyone did a statistically valid sampling and polling at various tea party events, to ascertain how the various participants came to be there?

Hard to say. At the tea parties I've been to (only 2) I saw a lot of Ron Paul faces I recognized but nobody was wearing "Ron Paul gear". I saw a few people I didn't recognize wearing it. I saw some people I didn't know wearing 9/11 tshirts too, but you wouldn't know that if you didn't know the lingo. (They were the familiar "Don't tread on me" t-shirts but with "infowars.com" at the bottom). But even if you got your statistical sample, would that really tell you what the "inspiration" was? The organizers clearly got the idea from somewhere. The Ron Paul grassroots pushes the teaparty idea one year and "whatdayaknow", we're supposed to think that Glenn Beck just thought it up in his sleep? I will say this. During the campaign locally we had a couple of events that matched and/or dwarfed local tea parties I've seen.