PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Olmert "arrested" (from speaking) in San Francisco

ronpaulhawaii
10-23-2009, 12:51 PM
unfortunately, the arrestees are jubilantly sitting in jail after preventing him from speaking via an attempted "citizens arrest." 22 in jail...

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10851.shtml

lester1/2jr
10-23-2009, 01:01 PM
welcome to post iraq war america with a clue, apartheid guy

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
unfortunately, the arrestees are jubilantly sitting in jail after preventing him from speaking via an attempted "citizens arrest." 22 in jail...

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10851.shtml

Unfortunately? Unfortunately.....?

Do we not have Freedom of Speech in America? I'm probably on the other side of the Israel-Pal issue than most here, because I don't harbor a deep hatred for Israel, but rather for the institutions that allow this country to be manipulated. Secondly, I don't condemn any country in self-defense unlike many here.

Even still, I would support and defend Palestinian, etc. giving speeches here in America. There should be no censorship of speech in America, PERIOD. I find it disturbing that you condone such actions on principle, because without principle we are just as feckless, wreckless, and sow our own ruin as those we currently oppose on the hill.

/shakes head

sofia
10-23-2009, 06:15 PM
If a man murdered your entire family and he came to speak in your town, would you prattle on about "free speech"...or would you instruct the police to arrest him?

If u truly believe that the perpetually land - grabbing ,criminal state of Israel, with its secret stockpile of A-bombs, poison gas, white phosphorous bombs, appache attack helicopters, night vision equipment, state of the art tanks, powerful navy, crack intelligence agancy, supersonic fighter jets, squadrons of bombers, well trained troops, and US backup...is the victim......practicing "self defense"

and that the fenced in, sling-shot toting, dispossessed and demoralized Palestinians are the bullies.......well...you need to stop watching TV and get an alternative perspective on things.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-23-2009, 06:37 PM
If a man murdered your entire family and he came to speak in your town, would you prattle on about "free speech"...or would you instruct the police to arrest him?

If u truly believe that the perpetually land - grabbing ,criminal state of Israel, with its secret stockpile of A-bombs, poison gas, white phosphorous bombs, appache attack helicopters, night vision equipment, state of the art tanks, powerful navy, crack intelligence agancy, supersonic fighter jets, squadrons of bombers, well trained troops, and US backup...is the victim......practicing "self defense"

and that the fenced in, sling-shot toting, dispossessed and demoralized Palestinians are the bullies.......well...you need to stop watching TV and get an alternative perspective on things.

Why are you not also irate, against Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon who refuse to take in any refugees? Secondly, if the Arab States didn't attack Israel, Israel wouldn't have half the land they currently have.

Lastly, if rockets were being fired into your neighborhood, would you stand silently by and let it happen? Personally, regional issues should stay regional. Strip all foreign aid, and lets not mettle in another countries affairs.

One more thing. There was a concerted effort by the Arabic States of deserting their fellow countryman after the first attacks on Israel. Yet, there is never a peep. There is no such thing as proportionate force. You use everything you have, and get the job done, and then leave. I don't think the Palestinians are bullies, neither are Israel. Might I remind you, Israel was attacked at its inception. Also, the land doesn't belong to Palestinians in the first place, it belongs to it's original Jewish homesteaders, which the Arabs invaded and took their land. How is that any less criminal? :rolleyes:

InterestedParticipant
10-23-2009, 06:51 PM
This staged event was brought to you by your local array of controlled organizations. Tune in for our next staged event.... Olmert will be speaking at Tulane University where we will once again assemble the local community of controlled opposition to shout and disrupt and create another media circus. There is never a dull moment in the Israeli - Gaza Reality Zone!

The protest was sponsored by: Arab Resource & Organizing Center (AROC), Bay Area Campaign to End Israeli Apartheid (BACEIA), CODEPINK Women for Peace, Friends of Deiribzi'a, Northern California International Solidarity Movement, Middle East Children's Alliance (MECA), South Bay Mobilization, Stop AIPAC, CAL Students for Justice in Palestine, US Palestine Communities Network (USPCN), Bay Area Women in Black.

sofia
10-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Why are you not also irate, against Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon who refuse to take in any refugees? Secondly, if the Arab States didn't attack Israel, Israel wouldn't have half the land they currently have.

Lastly, if rockets were being fired into your neighborhood, would you stand silently by and let it happen? Personally, regional issues should stay regional. Strip all foreign aid, and lets not mettle in another countries affairs.

One more thing. There was a concerted effort by the Arabic States of deserting their fellow countryman after the first attacks on Israel. Yet, there is never a peep. There is no such thing as proportionate force. You use everything you have, and get the job done, and then leave. I don't think the Palestinians are bullies, neither are Israel. Might I remind you, Israel was attacked at its inception. Also, the land doesn't belong to Palestinians in the first place, it belongs to it's original Jewish homesteaders, which the Arabs invaded and took their land. How is that any less criminal? :rolleyes:

Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt aren't mass murdering Palestinian women and children pal. Israel is!

And for you to compare a handfull of amateur rockets, fired into Israel by agent provacatuers, to the massive destruction and death that Israel dishes out is ridiculous.

As for the land being rightfully Israel's, the Old Testament Book of Fairy Tales is not a legitimate claim to steal Arab land that they cultivated for centuries before the jews piled out of Europe only decades ago.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt aren't mass murdering Palestinian women and children pal. Israel is!

And for you to compare a handfull of amateur rockets, fired into Israel by agent provacatuers, to the massive destruction and death that Israel dishes out is ridiculous.

As for the land being rightfully Israel's, the Old Testament Book of Fairy Tales is not a legitimate claim to steal Arab land that they cultivated for centuries before the jews piled out of Europe only decades ago.

Did I say it's rightfully Israels? Quote me please. I said, the land is rightfully the original Jewish Homesteaders, which still have living decendants today, and count as much as 15% of the Israeli population. That is their land, and they are free to do with it as they please. It is not Arabic land. Secondly, I find it laughable that you think it's Israeli agents firing the rockets, in Gaza, surrounded by Hamas and thousands of Palestinians, who obviously are implicit because they aren't denouncing such attacks, and they voted in an organization that calls for Israel's destruction. If I was living in Israel, I would fight in self-defense.

Your thinking is stuck in this decade. You have to start from the beginning. The original Jewish homesteaders that came from Egypt. Their land was then taken by Arabic invaders, and in consequence (poorly handled by the UN) was given back their land (Mistakes of course, it wasn't given to all the true heirs and descendant homesteaders), to the Jewish people. What do they then do? All the Arabic States then attack Israel. Not once, but twice. Then they have the gall to complain that they lost some land, that was forfeited under aggressive acts?

I guess you find America just as much a criminal state, correct? Look at all the death and destruction we've given out in response to 3,000 American deaths and the destruction of the WTC. So, we should censor everyone of our American leaders? You agree with that? I think anyone who is suspected, and has enough evidence to bring to trial, should be tried for War Crimes. I however, do not support the blatant and totally disregard for the freedom of speech. The people who did this to Olmert, are just as much liberty violaters.

Last point. I don't agree with the totality of actions taken by Israel, as I think Air Strikes are counter-productive, but I do agree with their self-defense stance. If they pre-emptively attack Iran, then I would side with Iran. If Iran pre-emptively attacks Israel, then I will side with Israel. They should just declare war next time they get attacked and finish the issue once and for all, by taking out those responsible. You then pull out, and let them conduct their business to themselves.

That's my stance. Personally, again, I am for FREEDOM OF ALL SPEECH, not just speech that I agree with.

Dionysus
10-23-2009, 07:36 PM
That's my stance. Personally, again, I am for FREEDOM OF ALL SPEECH, not just speech that I agree with.

That's great, because you should know that when a Palestinian wanted to exercise their freedom of speech, Olmert would order their kids head blown off and his family's house bulldozed.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-23-2009, 07:37 PM
That's great, because you should know that when a Palestinian wanted to exercise their freedom of speech, Olmert would order their kids head blown off and his family's house bulldozed.

Did you read my post. See my third paragraph.

Dionysus
10-23-2009, 07:49 PM
I think anyone who is suspected, and has enough evidence to bring to trial, should be tried for War Crimes. I however, do not support the blatant and totally disregard for the freedom of speech. The people who did this to Olmert, are just as much liberty violaters.

Protesting a butcher of children and infringing on the butcherer's rights is as bad as butchering children? Ok. That's very abstract and idealistic. For some reason, libertarians don't like to temper the implementation of abstract principles with concrete context. Someone's freedom of speech is important. Yes, but it's not as if the maidenly embodiment of speech freedom has been ravished. Whereas allowing a cold blooded genocide practicing child killer to have absolute respect and unimpeded freedom is pretty bad without any abstraction to it. If some of the blood of children that he's murdered were smeared around his lips and on his teeth, would that make you see him in a different light? If his breath reeked of the rotting limps of little girls whose family's he'd knowingly slaughtered, would you want to hear him out then?

Danke
10-23-2009, 10:23 PM

Leading up to the Six Day war, Israel was feeling threaten, but the US and Soviets were telling both sides to back off.

It was Israel that started the war with the launched of the preemptive attacks.

At the war's end, Israel had gained control of the Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights.

revolutionisnow
10-24-2009, 06:05 AM

Fairly certain the rockets are a HOAX. Or the US taxpayers should be asking for a HUGE refund of the military equipment purchased. False flags are their specialty, their motto is "by way of deception thou shalt do war". And no, the land doesn't belong to people whose relatives never lived there. Where is the proof of previous ownership? Arabs have continually lived there, even in Biblical times. Jews have been kicked out of lands over 100 times though, so do you plan on giving them most of Europe and Spain also? What other forms of reparations for history's wrongings should be repaid? Do other people get reparations also or is it only for jews?

YouTube - THE HAMAS ROCKETS is a HOAX part 2 - this air defense system was created by israeli army (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLqtrEgDq30)

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-24-2009, 06:24 AM
was surprised they didn't use any tasers.