PDA

View Full Version : Does Ron Paul have Jewish ancestors?

YumYum
10-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Does anybody know if Ron Paul is a descendant of Jews? His last name "Paul" is Jewish, and it is possible that he may have Jewish ancestors on his father's side.

Romulus
10-23-2009, 11:41 AM
lol here we go

Pennsylvania
10-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Does anybody know if Ron Paul is a descendant of Jews? His last name "Paul" is Jewish, and it is possible that he may have Jewish ancestors on his father's side.

Lot's of german/dutch people have that as a last name. It doesn't mean they're Jewish, it just means those countries had biblical cultures.

YumYum
10-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Lot's of german/dutch people have that as a last name. It doesn't mean they're Jewish, it just means those countries had biblical cultures.

How did the Jews get the name "Paul"? My dad's lawyer is Jewish and has a last name of Paul. Did European Jews change it from "Saul" to "Paul"? I wonder if anybody has done a search on Dr. Paul's lineage.

dannno
10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
I wonder if anybody has done a search on Dr. Paul's lineage.

Illuminati bloodlines :eek:

lester1/2jr
10-23-2009, 01:04 PM
I want someone to bravely state that "it wouldn't matter"

pcosmar
10-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Does it matter?
Why?

Who the Frack cares.

specsaregood
10-23-2009, 01:07 PM

How about, I hope he does? They are good with money and on the average score higher on IQ tests. ;)

Flash
10-23-2009, 01:08 PM

Paul is a European surname name. From my understanding, Paul is used by Jews a first name not a surname.
http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/qx/paul-family-crest.htm

How did the Jews get the name "Paul"? My dad's lawyer is Jewish and has a last name of Paul. Did European Jews change it from "Saul" to "Paul"? I wonder if anybody has done a search on Dr. Paul's lineage.

When Christianity unfortunately took over Europe, many adapted 'Hebrew' names from the Bible. Hence why we have names like Sarah & David.

The reason your Jewish lawyer would have that name is due to the Ashkenazi Jews adopting surnames from Germany & other Northern European countries centuries ago. For example, surnames with the word 'Gold' in them were actually European in origin. Like Goldman.

pcosmar
10-23-2009, 01:25 PM
So, My last name (Osmar) is Serbian (as far as I can tell) But most of my ancestry is French (on both sides) with some English (welsh) and some American Indian.
However the name Osmar is a common first name throughout the world especially the Middle East.

yes, I google :p

Brian4Liberty
10-23-2009, 01:27 PM

It doesn't matter. :D

Who cares? Most Americans are of mixed genetic and/or cultural heritage.

Kotin
10-23-2009, 01:28 PM
haha!!!

TER
10-23-2009, 01:36 PM
When Christianity unfortunately took over Europe...

Yeah. It was much better off prior to the spreading of the Gospel. (rolls eyes)

TER
10-23-2009, 01:38 PM
So, My last name (Osmar) is Serbian

That means your forefathers were probably Serbian Orthodox Christians?

pcosmar
10-23-2009, 01:59 PM
That means your forefathers were probably Serbian Orthodox Christians?

Perhaps, I can not trace that line very far. The records were destroyed in WWII. We got as far a an old soldiers home in Belgrade.
The French lines go back to the 1600s.
Most of the family was Catholic. ( far as I can tell)

TER
10-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Perhaps, I can not trace that line very far. The records were destroyed in WWII. We got as far a an old soldiers home in Belgrade.

Gotcha. It is nice to have even that much info about your forefathers. I can only go as far back as my great grandparents.

anaconda
10-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Does it matter?
Why?

Who the Frack cares.

Totally. I hope he has the genes of all of the Peoples of the World within him. He acts like he does. If not, it doesn't matter. He is the ultimate humanitarian politician.

lester1/2jr
10-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by pcosmar
Does it matter?
Why?

Who the Frack cares.

I mean because it's so OBVIOUS that it doesn't matter.

more to the point von mises and rothbard were both jewish

Flash
10-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Yeah. It was much better off prior to the spreading of the Gospel. (rolls eyes)

Yeah because the Dark Ages were so much better than Greco-Roman Europe. (Rolls eyes).

TER
10-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah because the Dark Ages were so much better than Greco-Roman Europe. (Rolls eyes).

There were no Dark Ages in the Byzantine Empire where Orthodox Christianity was the majority faith. Unfortunately, Western history books don't spend much time on this point.

Cowlesy
10-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Totally. I hope he has the genes of all of the Peoples of the World within him. He acts like he does. If not, it doesn't matter. He is the ultimate humanitarian politician.

^^^This.

I hope he does so maybe it makes the jew-haters try and latch onto someone else.

Srg1
10-26-2009, 04:55 AM
How about, I hope he does? They are good with money and on the average score higher on IQ tests. ;)

Are you saying "jews" are a better smarter race than the average non jewish person?Are u a racist?Are u a jew?

specsaregood
10-26-2009, 05:20 AM
Are you saying "jews" are a better smarter race than the average non jewish person?Are u a racist?Are u a jew?

I would have thought I wouldn't need the /sarcasm tag for a silly post in reply to a silly thread. But what I said is true, they do on average score higher on IQ tests. Not that that means much to me.

Feenix566
10-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Dumbest thread today.

paulim
10-26-2009, 03:41 PM

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~zaiane/osmar.html
Osmar (not Osman) seems to be of germanic origin. That could fit your story, because Belgrade was part of the Austria-Hungarian Empire prior to WWI and the leading positions in the military were held by ethnic germans (austrians), who were catholic.

jth_ttu
11-02-2009, 09:29 PM
It think it was a compliment. I have alot of respect for Jewish people on their spending habits. They cound swallow a nickel and sh*t a quarter lol.