LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Surely not. At least I hope not.

DrNoZone
10-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Ouch...I hope it's better than that.

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 05:37 PM
I call BS. He raised 2million in the last two weeks alone.

winston_blade
10-01-2007, 05:38 PM
It says he raised more than 3 million. I agree with that. I just hope its five.

Grandson of Liberty
10-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Technically, he said "more than 3 million." So it could be anything, really. Just me staying optimistic. :)

Winston, you beat me by one minute!

Lord Xar
this is rather lame if that is the case.. in that a third was raised in the last week alone... this would rather "underachieving" in my eyes..

its hard to determine as in some instances they would have you believe were making bank, and then in others - "we need to beat last quarters earnings.." etc...

so I don't know.. I was hoping around 5mil.

DrNoZone

But then it says they've collected around $6 million total so far.

Magsec
From the looks of the article it's over 3x as much as Huckabee might've raised.

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 05:40 PM

haha true! but when someone says raised over 3 million they mean between 3 and 3.5

Zydeco
10-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Why would the campaign have leaked this to the WSJ of all places?

nyjohn
10-01-2007, 05:41 PM
For the year, Paul has collected around $6 million

I'm dissapointed.:(

Ninja Homer
10-01-2007, 05:43 PM
The campaign said they'd release the results later this week. They may have given them a hint that it would be over $3 million. Nice play, because they'll make some stories now, as well as more when they release the official numbers.

kickzman
Anything less than 3.5 million is a disappointment.. And if it does happen I advise Ron to go and get a REAL campaign finance manager...

DrNoZone
The campaign said they'd release the results later this week. They may have given them a hint that it would be over $3 million. Nice play, because they'll make some stories now, as well as more when they release the official numbers.

You're right, that would have been a smart move to make. I just hope it's true!!!

stevedasbach
10-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Why would the campaign have leaked this to the WSJ of all places?

They didn't attribute this to "sources in the campaign" or anything similar. I'm not convinced the WSJ knows anything more than what has previously released.

erowe1
10-01-2007, 05:46 PM
But then it says they've collected around $6 million total so far.

My guess is that the writer was given the information that Paul raised more than $3M, which is a true statement that is based on information the campaign has already disclosed. The writer then misunderstood that statement the same way the person who started this thread did and followed it up by adding an amount slightly over $3M to his second quarter amount to come up with $6M.

I'm convinced this is an underestimation. This kind of under-reporting at this stage will just make it that much more surprising and newsworthy when the campaign discloses a higher amount.

FluffyUnbound
10-01-2007, 05:47 PM
The problem with this number is that at the beginning of the final thermometer drive Benton announced that they had already exceeded last quarter's total.

Since they collected 1.2 million, that would mean they would HAVE to have collected 3.5 or 3.6 even if the day the thermometer went up they were at last quarter's total more or less on the dot.

ghemminger
Something tricky is going on at HQ those little Devils....

Tuck
They don't even mention a source for that $3 million number, i think they are just taking the 2.4 mil from Q2 and then adding the 1 million raised last week and coming up with "more than $3 million". I doubt they got that number from the campaign.

ghemminger
10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
It's a very PRO-RP report - I smell something going on here....LOL

Zydeco
10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I just called the campaign office (I know, not supposed to, but eff it) and they don't know anything about this.

Jeezus, I am looking forward to not only Ron Paul becoming president but the entire useless, corrupt MSM to lose whatever influence they still have.

Vonhayek7
10-01-2007, 05:50 PM
This is awesome, let the media start speculating. It shows interest.

Cowlesy
10-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I just called the campaign office (I know, not supposed to, but eff it) and they don't know anything about this.

Jeezus, I am looking forward to not only Ron Paul becoming president but the entire useless, corrupt MSM to lose whatever influence they still have.

I can picture them eating ramen noodles above that laundrymat going, "Dude...who said what?"

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
have you all donated today?

Ron Paul Fan
10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
It's a trick. The Ron Paul campaign has not released any numbers yet. The WSJ is just guessing what they have. Since they said last week they were going to have more than last quarter, they just said Dr. Paul would have more than $3 million. More than doesn't mean $3 million so don't be dissapointed yet. Keep your heads up and keep fighting for liberty!

Zydeco
10-01-2007, 05:52 PM
I can picture them eating ramen noodles above that laundrymat going, "Dude...who said what?"

That's about how it sounded.

Another MSM credibility hit.

Noog
10-01-2007, 05:53 PM
I call shenanigans! SHENANIGANS!

erowe1
They don't even mention a source for that $3 million number, i think they are just taking the 2.4 mil from Q2 and then adding the 1 million raised last week and coming up with "more than $3 million". I doubt they got that number from the campaign.

Prior to the final week push the campaign did say that they had raised more than last quarter. So, yes, that's probably how they got "more then $3 million". And then the writer of the article misunderstood that to mean, just barely more than $3M, rather than quite a bit more, which is why he (under)reported the total as around $6M.

Perry
This is a great article. This guy is just doing what we here are doing in engaging in a little conservative conjecture. We should be thanking him.

ghemminger
10-01-2007, 05:54 PM

OK - 5 lashes with a wet noodle - LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!!!

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
The problem with this number is that at the beginning of the final thermometer drive Benton announced that they had already exceeded last quarter's total.

Since they collected 1.2 million, that would mean they would HAVE to have collected 3.5 or 3.6 even if the day the thermometer went up they were at last quarter's total more or less on the dot.

No, not true, they said with the drive they WOULD have exceeded last quarter's total and have confirmed publicly only that they have raised more than the $2.4 raised last quarter. How much more? We don't know yet. Relax. We're in good hands.

DeadheadForPaul
10-01-2007, 05:57 PM
NEVER speculate. You'll only be disappointed

This happens with regard to anything. I cant count how many times I've seen Star Wars fans, Radiohead fans, etc. you name it get too psyched up for something in advance and then get disappointed because they built it up so much

How about we all just chill and wait for the campaign to announce. Anything greater than our Q2 number is a positive because that means we have more support. Think about it - a lot of our supporters maxed out before Q3 started and many of us have no more money left to donate. That means that we brought in new people who carried us through Q3. We're still marching along

Zydeco
10-01-2007, 05:57 PM
The writer then misunderstood that statement the same way the person who started this thread did

I didn't misunderstand anything, chief. The WSJ piece is unambiguous in stating Paul's total as being around $3 million. If it's wrong, it's their mistake, not mine.

ghemminger
10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
NEVER speculate. You'll only be disappointed

This happens with regard to anything. I cant count how many times I've seen Star Wars fans, Radiohead fans, etc. you name it get too psyched up for something in advance and then get disappointed because they built it up so much

How about we all just chill and wait for the campaign to announce. Anything greater than our Q2 number is a positive because that means we have more support. Think about it - a lot of our supporters maxed out before Q3 started and many of us have no more money left to donate. That means that we brought in new people who carried us through Q3. We're still marching along

Nice comment let's all CHILL all will be fine!,,,,,,breath......

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
This is a great article. This guy is just doing what we here are doing in engaging in a little conservative conjecture. We should be thanking him.

Absolutely. No comparisons with pols with deeper pockets but a nice shot at the Beltway favorite.

ghemminger
10-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Absolutely. No comparisons with pols with deeper pockets but a nice shot at the Beltway favorite.

Post a nice comment over there and send him a NICE email - maybe we'll get the front page next time...

FluffyUnbound
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
No, not true, they said with the drive they WOULD have exceeded last quarter's total and have confirmed publicly only that they have raised more than the $2.4 raised last quarter. How much more? We don't know yet. Relax. We're in good hands.

If I'm not mistaken, the very first email all RonPaul2008.com members got at the outset of the drive indicates that they've already beaten the 2nd quarter, and the only question is by how much they'll beat it.

If they needed the half million to beat the 2Q, that would have been a very dangerous email to send.

itsnobody
10-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Well I'm waiting for official sources..but if its true WTF that sucks

FluffyUnbound
10-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Here it is: On the 24th, the day the campaign started, Bydlak [not Benton] emailed out:

"Last quarter, you helped raise more money for the Ron Paul 2008 campaign than the political pundits thought possible. I assure you that we will surpass our total from last quarter. The question is by how much."

The only way he could make that statement is if they were already at or above the 2Q figure on the 24th. You could read it that he was already counting the $500k goal from the last drive, but they didn't have that money yet and he couldn't know that they'd get it.

Cowlesy
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Hold on...let me adjust my foil antenna---wait what's this---a transmissi----a transmission from the mothership...

...it reads "No one has a clue. RELAX."

Zydeco
10-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, we already have totals from Edwards, Clinton, Richardson, Thompson, Obama, McCain, Romney, and Giuliani. The speculation, lack of information, and media false starts are more irritating than tantalizing.

Maybe there's some grand plan but I don't see it. Release the freakin' numbers already.

FreedomLover
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
My guess has been around 3.5 mil, anything above that is spectacular, anything between 3 and 3.5 is commendable, but kind of "eh"

Akus
10-01-2007, 06:14 PM
3 million is laughably small. We must have raised more. We simply must have.

FreedomLover
10-01-2007, 06:15 PM
3 million is laughably small. We must have raised more. We simply must have.

3 million really isn't bad at all. Most of the second tier candidates can barely raise that amount combined.

Perry
Well I'm waiting for official sources..but if its true WTF that sucks

Well it's true.

The antiwar libertarian raised more than $3 million in the third quarter

We raised more than $3Mil. Why does that suck?

Criminies!! Slow down children. have some patience.:cool:

LibertyOfOne
Well it would have to be at least 3.6 million if they had 2.4 before the 1.2 million drive.

itsnobody
10-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Well it's true.

We raised more than $3Mil. Why does that suck.

Criminies!! Slow down children. have some patience.:cool:

Well if its really true f*** that BS lets move on to $100 million for the 4th Quarter...

jumpyg1258
10-01-2007, 06:19 PM
I will be disappointed if its less than 5M. In Q2 they did not have the final week donation run like they did in this quarter and they were able to raise 2.4M with no where near the amount of supporters Paul has now.

DahuiHeeNalu
10-01-2007, 06:21 PM
i was just rofl when i read it so not true we raised alot more then that!

klamath
10-01-2007, 06:25 PM
You guys set yourselves up for big disappointments every quarter.

This is what the email said on the 24th when they started the 500,000 drive.

"We have one week left. Our goal is to raise $500,000 online by September 30th. That boost will give us the best fundraising quarter yet, and it will show that our campaign is getting stronger by the day."

In other words a week ago the campaign said they had less than the 2.3 million of Q2. Maybe as little as 1.85 if 500,000 is what it would take to beat the second quarter.

Do the math guys.

shrugged0106
10-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Think of all the 3rd Q $100-$1000 plate dinners, meet-up competitions, Rally's, and Straw Polls. Those piled on top of what we know from Q 2 and last weeks' $1.2M make us all happy campers.

As said, we should chill and watch this fun ride roll.

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Have You Donated Today???? :d

Cowlesy
10-01-2007, 06:30 PM

"We have one week left. Our goal is to raise $500,000 online by September 30th. That boost will give us the best fundraising quarter yet, and it will show that our campaign is getting stronger by the day."

In other words a week ago the campaign said they had less than the 2.3 million of Q2. Maybe as little as 1.85 if 500,000 is what it would take to beat the second quarter.

Do the math guys.

I agree. If it was some huge number, instead of telling us "we've outdone what we did last quarter", they would have said "we've outdone what we've raised to date".

It'll be positive, it'll be more than Huckabee who is the other "second tier" guy.

Ron Paul Fan
10-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Do the math guys.

I did! And what someone found out was that we had about 40,000 online donations this quarter! If the average donation was as low as $50, that's $2,000,0000! One guy one here was saying the average was around $80-90 so it's even more than that. Also, Dr. Paul raised a little over $1 million offline last quarter. Only a fool would say that he didn't do considerably better in that department. Don't believe the $3 million until the campaign says it's official! The quotes from the campaign before the last week could mean anything. They could have just been trying to motivate us. Keep your heads high!

Zydeco
10-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm chugging a 22-oz Sapporo and it's working.

I will learn to be patient.

Well, I will try to learn to be patient. :confused: :o

DrNoZone
10-01-2007, 06:35 PM
3 million really isn't bad at all. Most of the second tier candidates can barely raise that amount combined.

$3 million would be bad simply because a full 1/3 of it would have come in the last 7 days during the big push for $1mil. And most of that came from the existing supporter base digging deep, I'm willing to bet.

Drknows
10-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Heres my estimate ..... dont look

$7 - $8 Million

paulitics
10-01-2007, 06:36 PM

Do the math guys.

If I read in between the lines it denotes that we did not beat the totals prior to the last week. Probably just enough to beat last quarter with 500,000...so yeah,3.2 is about right. Paul did not do as many rallies as first tier candadates who make 100,000 per day offline.

Elwar
10-01-2007, 06:40 PM
This is a great article, mistakenly so, but still good.

The best thing that Ron Paul could have is the press believing that Ron Paul raised more than last time, but not some huge number. If they guess that he only made $3 million he is does not lose support for doing worse than last quarter, it's a decent amount of money. But if they guess $3 million and the campaign announces that they made $4-$5 million...then that's newsworthy and substantial.

Keep them thinking that he only brought in around $3-4 million.

Elwar
10-01-2007, 06:44 PM
This is also a good time to use the low national poll numbers against the media.

Tell them that this is such a great amount of money for someone who only has a growing 3-4% in national polls and gets no media attention. He will be considered a master fundraiser able to overcome the odds. (as long as they know that the poll numbers are rising and that he's getting no national TV exposure).

libertarianguy
10-01-2007, 06:51 PM
test

klamath
10-01-2007, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE= They could have just been trying to motivate us. Keep your heads high![/QUOTE]

Or they might have been telling the truth. I think there is a lot more harm to morale when people set expections too high and the numbers come in lower.

Chester Copperpot
10-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Damn The Suspense

cujothekitten
10-01-2007, 07:01 PM
So I have a question for any programmers out there. Is there a way to track the number of hits the donation page gets? I think it's a safe bet to assume that if you go to the donation page you're going to probably donate. If that's the case tracking the number of hits that page gets will give you a pretty good indication of how many people are donating. Can this be done?

If we do it for this quarter we'll have a decent understanding of how much Ron will have received in this new quarter.

^read this^

njandrewg
10-01-2007, 07:07 PM
So I have a question for any programmers out there. Is there a way to track the number of hits the donation page gets? I think it's a safe bet to assume that if you go to the donation page you're going to probably donate. If that's the case tracking the number of hits that page gets will give you a pretty good indication of how many people are donating. Can this be done?

If we do it for this quarter we'll have a decent understanding of how much Ron will have received in this new quarter.

^read this^
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/webservices/REST/donation-total?format=nvp

14,328 donors in the last week alone, and only the online donations

Drknows
10-01-2007, 07:10 PM

Do the math guys.

Yes but i believe Rand Paul or someone else close to the campaign mentioned something like They raised the same as mitt romney did if you subtract what he put in out of his own pocket.

DrNoZone
10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Yes but i believe Rand Paul or someone else close to the campaign mentioned something like They raised the same as mitt romney did if you subtract what he put in out of his own pocket.

Lol! Speculation about Q3 is turning into a hilarious game of telephone.

Chester Copperpot
10-01-2007, 07:18 PM

Yeah but that can be anything.. Mitt Romney might have NEGATIVE money after you take out his personal loan..

TooConservative
10-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Prior to the push in the last week for the half-million which became a million and then became 1.2M, someone at the Ron Paul campaign told the media that their fundraising was considerably better than the second quarter (2.4M). Since they know we raised the 1.2M ending last night, then 1.2+2.4=3.6.

So any estimate by the WSJ of 3 million or more is a pretty safe bet.

james1844
10-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm thinking 6 to 7 million. Perhaps thats too optimistic, but I have a good feeling about the energy surrounding the Paul candidacy.

stevedasbach
10-01-2007, 07:23 PM

^read this^

There is an easier way to estimate this. Each donation generates a confirmation number. Part of the number is a donation counter. If you have confirmation numbers from the start of the quarter and the end, you subtract the counters and you have the number of donations.

The counter was in the vicinity of 7000 at the start of the quarter and approximately 47000 at the end, which gives 40000 online donations. As I recall, the average donation during the last week was $80-90. That would imply $3.2-3.6 million online, assuming similar average donations all quarter, plus whatever was colllected in checks and cash (my understanding is that credit card donors at events are encouraged to use the website to enter their donation, so they are included in the online total). It's possible that all credit cards are processed that way.

Alabama Supporter
10-01-2007, 07:24 PM
This is a VERY positive piece. please do not leave nasty comments.

Act as if you stumbled upon Ron Paul by reading the article and saying that you will look into him further.

TooConservative
10-01-2007, 07:30 PM
So I have a question for any programmers out there. Is there a way to track the number of hits the donation page gets?

Only if you control the server so only the campaign webmaster can do this.

terraeclipse.com is the web design service. Ron Paul's website is featured as a sample of their most famous work. No indication whether they administer it or just did the basic design and turned it over to RP's webmaster. My bet is that they're administering it for him and doing the security but that RP's IT guy can access the logs, check the donations and traffic, find out where the hits are originating from geographically, that kind of thing. When they make changes to the pages, it's probably TerraEclipse doing it all for the campaign.

10thAmendmentMan
10-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Lol! Speculation about Q3 is turning into a hilarious game of telephone.

*gets message whispered from person sitting next to him*
Ron Paul's grand total for fund raising in the third quarter was banana pancakes? What?

Cowlesy
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
*gets message whispered from person sitting next to him*
Ron Paul's grand total for fund raising in the third quarter was banana pancakes? What?

HA-BAN-A HAND-SHAKES

BuddyRey
10-01-2007, 07:41 PM
I wish I could be as optimistic as the folks shooting for 6-7 Mil, but I do believe it 4-5 Mil would be a pretty safe bet. Even that will knock the MSM off its blissfully ignorant high-horse.

Drknows
10-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah but that can be anything.. Mitt Romney might have NEGATIVE money after you take out his personal loan..
ah ha but i read somewhere that hes thought to have raised $10 - 12 million but took out another campaign loan out of his own pocket around $6 million .

so thats thats why im thinking Ron Paul raised around 6- 7 million or more. Plus hes been campaigning off line like crazy.

mtmedlin
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Well, we could add up what we know

I remember that he said:

1. Had the best day online yet at $75,000
2. Raised $102,000 in Texas
3. Raised $350,000 in his Cali - Wahington trip
4. Raised $1.2 online in 6 days.

Thats $1,727,000

Thats all I remember.
Now someone else add anything that is absolutely provable.

10thAmendmentMan
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Well, we could add up what we know

I remember that he said:

1. Had the best day online yet at $75,000
2. Raised $102,000 in Texas
3. Raised $350,000 in his Cali - Wahington trip
4. Raised $1.2 online in 6 days.

Thats $1,727,000

Thats all I remember.
Now someone else add anything that is absolutely provable.

I bought a T-shirt and a lawn sign. So that's $17.76 + $6 + shipping and handling (which probably doesn't get added to the contributions).

We're up to 1,727,023.76

american2
10-01-2007, 07:53 PM
3 million would be huge. I doubt it's more than that. Don't get disappointed with 3 million.

shrugged0106
10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
I bought a T-shirt and a lawn sign. So that's $17.76 + $6 + shipping and handling (which probably doesn't get added to the contributions).

We're up to 1,727,023.76

lmao

murrayrothbard
10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
you all are nuts! take a break, chill, go get laid or something! :p Bordering on hysteria here or maybe 'paralysis by analysis'

RELAX....DEEP BREATHS...STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD :eek:

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 07:58 PM
I pulled as much info as I could together

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21634

wbbgjr
10-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I think it might be more than just them purposely delaying the release. The campaign contacted me today to tell me I went a few bucks over the limit and asked if I had a spouse to roll it over to. Sounds like there's a little bit more of accounting to do.

jd603
10-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Don't forget WSJ now IS Newscorp/Rupert Murdoch/Foxnews ,,, sorry. :mad:

Creditability instantly ZERO.

(I'm referring to Newscorps purchase of DowJones who publishes the Wall Street Journal)

Edit: to clarify further for those who don't know, Newscorp owns FoxNews, and they just bought DowJones recently, so WSJ is just another piece of trash now.

V4Vendetta
10-01-2007, 08:19 PM
oh hell, what a crock of shit,

He Raised atleast 6 million

Zydeco
10-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Now that I've had a beer and half a bottle of red wine, suddenly I don't mind so much how much we raised...

...because I know that Ron Paul's gonna be president

Ninja Homer
10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Now that I've had a beer and half a bottle of red wine, suddenly I don't mind so much how much we raised...

...because I know that Ron Paul's gonna be president

Exactly!

I was thinking earlier about how much the grassroots campaign would be worth. I mean, how much would another candidate pay to have supporters that have passion, that do stuff on their own, that completely pwn the web and all online polls, and enjoy doing it without pay? In the end, it isn't money that wins the election, it's votes, and we continue to grow exponentially without any help from the MSM. The MSM is on its way out, and we own the internet that is replacing it. Ron Paul for President is just the start!

Akus
10-01-2007, 09:08 PM

I'm sad that you still consider RP a second tier. Surely, with the energy of the supporters, we'd consider him ahead of everyone. :(

Give me liberty
10-01-2007, 09:11 PM
isnt the total for ron paul atm around 10$Mililon? or somewhere near.

steph3n
10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
no clue, see Bradley's post:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21634

isnt the total for ron paul atm around 10$Mililon? or somewhere near.

csen
10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
It just seems impossible that the number would be less than $3.5 million. We raised basically no money in April. We didn't have a $1.2 million last week push. We didn't raise at least $500k offline in big ticket fundraisers. I'll be really disappointed with less than $3.5 million, and even $4 million really... :(

rtester
10-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Everyone check out the top story on the digg election page linked below, "Ron Paul's Fund-Raising Takes Off." Wow, what a nice headline! Spread it around....I've got a feeling when the numbers are actually released, it's going to get even better:)

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections

Sematary
10-02-2007, 08:27 AM
I don't know where he pulled that 3 mil number from but I'd bet my house it's higher than that.

rtester
10-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I'll ditto that comment with my house, too!!

RTsquared
10-02-2007, 08:33 AM
I don't know where he pulled that 3 mil number from but I'd bet my house it's higher than that.

I refinanced my house in the last 3 years.

I am quite literally betting my house on the hope of Ron Paul...

Now whether I should laugh or cry...well...

Bradley in DC
10-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I tried to post all we know here and keep updating it:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21634

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Everyone check out the top story on the digg election page linked below, "Ron Paul's Fund-Raising Takes Off." Wow, what a nice headline! Spread it around....I've got a feeling when the numbers are actually released, it's going to get even better:)

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections

this article is an insult

jd603
10-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Again, Newscorp owns FoxNews and now DowJones/WSJ, WSJ is no longer as credible as it was before. Actually, its credibility is now in the toilet in my book.

squandertime
10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
yep- no way this article was intended for good........

citing 3 million is an insult-- ron paul's campaign has not released the numbers yet or we would know- wait till the 15th!! i am betting on 7.5 million personally..............

Roxi
10-02-2007, 01:14 PM
ive been checking the FEC reports and they don't have them on their site yet

heres the link

http://www.fec.gov/press/bkgnd/pres_cf/2008filings.html

kylejack
10-02-2007, 01:17 PM
ive been checking the FEC reports and they don't have them on their site yet

heres the link

http://www.fec.gov/press/bkgnd/pres_cf/2008filings.html

It will be posted there on the 16th.

dude58677
10-02-2007, 01:36 PM
It doesn't count the money that the 900 meet-up groups have.

KingTheoden
10-02-2007, 01:53 PM
I am placing the funds raised to be around 3.4-3.7 range. We have to remember that it is hard work to raise money from individuals and doubly hard when the media ices you. I would be beyond thrilled if he cracked 4 million. Hoping for 5 is setting yourself up to be disappointed in my view.

Remember, he is very frugal and the campaign is on a dramatic upswing. He will have a war chest and be a front runner in this.

RobotJaxxon
10-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll exceed their numbers by too much.

Before last week, RP expressed doubt that they could raise $500k in the last week of the quarter. Let's say then that he averaged $250k/week for the 3rd quarter. The 3rd quarter is 13 weeks long, so,

$250k/week * 12 weeks + $1200k (week 13) = $4.2 Million.

That's 40% higher than they projected, but still not in the league of Thompson or Edwards. This only accounts for online donations, however.

The more interesting number will be cash on hand. Ron's HUGE advantage--the free time and effort he gets from us--will become clearer then. McCain raised WAY more money than Paul in the 2nd quarter, but ended up with less cash because he spent so much.