PDA

View Full Version : 73% of GOP Voters Say Congressional Republicans Have Lost Touch With Their Base

bobbyw24
10-22-2009, 08:19 PM
President Obama told an audience at a Democratic Party fundraiser Wednesday night that Republicans often “do what they’re told,” but GOP voters don’t think their legislators listen enough to them.

Just 15% of Republicans who plan to vote in 2012 state primaries say the party’s representatives in Congress have done a good job of representing Republican values.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 73% think Republicans in Congress have lost touch with GOP voters from throughout the nation. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided.
These numbers are basically unchanged from a survey in late April.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:fnT8wzw1MqWNJM:http://r3publican.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/end-fed.jpg

Republican women are nearly twice as likely as men to say their representatives in Congress have done a good job of representing GOP values. Younger voters tend to be less critical than their elders.

Thirty-one percent (31%) of likely GOP primary voters rate economic issues as the priority in determining how they will vote, followed by 25% who see national security issues that way. Fiscal issues are most important for 15%, while 12% cite domestic issues and seven percent (7%) cultural issues.

Nationally, 29% of Republican voters say former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee is their pick to represent the GOP in the 2012 presidential campaign,

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/october_2009/73_of_gop_voters_say_congressional_republicans_hav e_lost_touch_with_their_base

hueylong
10-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Good catch, Bobby. I use that poll in my most recent post re: What is an Outsider?

http://randpaul.ning.com/forum/topics/what-is-an-outsider

revolutionary8
10-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Mike Huckabee?
Wth is wrong with people?

McCain is an easy punching bag, wait till we are attacking Mr. Jesus fan. I swear ya can't get away, we're racists now, but wait till we're Jesus haters. Gawd help us all.
It sucks if it's true, sucks if it isn't, and I don't need Captain Obvious telling me the GOP has lost their minds.

disclaimer: I LOVE JESUS, think he's cool.

coyote_sprit
10-22-2009, 09:39 PM
And I say most Republicans are prowar neocons.

revolutionary8
10-22-2009, 09:42 PM
And I say most Republicans are prowar neocons.

And I say, Democrats have spent TWICE AS MUCH as the Neocons on war, *but don't know it/won't admit it* :D

What's your point?

coyote_sprit
10-22-2009, 09:56 PM
And I say, Democrats have spent TWICE AS MUCH as the Neocons on war, *but don't know it/won't admit it* :D

What's your point?

These people aren't on our side is my point and just because I don't support them doesn't mean I support anything the democrats do.

Kbeaubs
10-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Edit

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-22-2009, 10:22 PM
I find it funny that 73% are dis-enfranchised, yet, won't support Ron Paul types...do they actually think a country can run with a semi-free-market empire? Are they delusional?

Embrace libertarianism GOP or die.

hueylong
10-22-2009, 10:29 PM
top issue with these people was economy. then spending. then something else financial related.

i think a lot of these are open to supporting rand.

revolutionary8
10-22-2009, 10:31 PM
These people aren't on our side is my point and just because I don't support them doesn't mean I support anything the democrats do.

If not, then try not to play that pwn. YOU are the one who ushered in the left/right paradigm, I was the one trying to blast it right up in there where it belongs.

I don't partake in roll "playing", nor roll switching,(I play me) so please leave me out.

This isn't a game. We'd all be better if ppl refused to take sides.

(you'll notice you didn't challenge my "observation")

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-22-2009, 10:34 PM
top issue with these people was economy. then spending. then something else financial related.

i think a lot of these are open to supporting rand.

What are you talking about? Second was National Security (IE Empire). This is the area where almost all GOP types I talk to with, is the reason why they won't support Ron Paul types. They want Empire, period. Every attempt trying to reason with them with facts by EX-CIA agents, documentary evidence, FIOA evidence, etc. is all rejected. Then they all come back with, you don't support the troops, etc. when I'm IN THE MILITARY HELLO.

Like I said, many of these people want a Semi-Free-Market Empire. It simply doesn't work, and the terms are contradictory. Perhaps a book-bomb of millions of Economics in One Lesson will help? :(

coyote_sprit
10-22-2009, 10:43 PM
If not, then try not to play that pwn. YOU are the one who ushered in the left/right paradigm, I was the one trying to blast it right up in there where it belongs.

I don't partake in roll "playing", nor roll switching,(I play me) so please leave me out.

This isn't a game. We'd all be better if ppl refused to take sides.

(you'll notice you didn't challenge my "observation")

lolwut?

revolutionary8
10-22-2009, 10:47 PM
lolwut?

I'm just pleased that you didn't post the Al Capone Poster with 'SPEAK ANGLISH" or something or other- you know that shit you pulled on Oyate--

:rolleyes:

Hey-NEWSFLASH: sometimes, it might be YOU who doesn't understand.

revolutionary8
10-22-2009, 10:50 PM
dbl

coyote_sprit
10-22-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm just pleased that you didn't post the Al Capone Poster with 'SPEAK ANGLISH" or something or other- you know that shit you pulled on Oyate--

:rolleyes:

Hey-NEWSFLASH: sometimes, it might be YOU who doesn't understand.

I don't understand what you meant with the above post. No reason to take offense, if you want a flame war I'd be more then happy to oblige.

revolutionary8
10-22-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't understand what you meant with the above post. No reason to take offense, if you want a flame war I'd be more then happy to oblige.

No, not interested in a flame war at all, I just like to let ppl know when I have a beef w/ them, rather than taking it out in passive aggressive ways.
I don't do well w/ the p/a types.
Do you not remember what you posted on Oyate's thread?

I guess I could have gotten the names mixed up, but I don't think so. Anyhew, even if it wasn't you, it was RUDE.

gls
10-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Nationally, 29% of Republican voters say former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee is their pick to represent the GOP in the 2012 presidential campaign,

http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-31.gif

I'd rather see Obama win a second term if Huckabee is the GOP nominee, and I think Obama is one of history's worst presidents.

revolutionary8
10-22-2009, 11:06 PM
http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-31.gif

I'd rather see Obama win a second term if Huckabee is the GOP nominee, and I think Obama is one of history's worst presidents.

I think you might be right. :eek:

Huckabee=worst case scenario

coyote_sprit
10-22-2009, 11:11 PM
No, not interested in a flame war at all, I just like to let ppl know when I have a beef w/ them, rather than taking it out in passive aggressive ways.
I don't do well w/ the p/a types.
Do you not remember what you posted on Oyate's thread?

I guess I could have gotten the names mixed up, but I don't think so. Anyhew, even if it wasn't you, it was RUDE.

That was a joke, I joke around with Oyate in the chat too. Guess you think I'm an asshole for that too.

revolutionary8
10-22-2009, 11:12 PM
That was a joke, I joke around with Oyate in the chat too. Guess you think I'm an asshole for that too.

Of course not, once again, I don't "take sides", and don't partake in chat. I have before, but not in many moons.
Forgive me for not knowing the "Ins" :rolleyes:

(my point)

I'm not sure just "who" you are speaking for besides yourself, but there are MANY people here who do not partake in chat.

Just a reminder.

bobbyw24
10-23-2009, 06:12 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=216003

angelatc
10-23-2009, 07:47 AM
http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiey-31.gif

Me too. If the country is going to hell, then I'd just as soon let the left take the responsibility for it.

georgiaboy
10-23-2009, 07:53 AM
yep, Huckabee's no better than McCain was, another big gov't Republican, and might even be worse because of his slicker tongue.

GOP may as well chalk up another loss if he wins the nomination.

RoyalShock
10-23-2009, 10:36 AM
It does seem strange that people say Congressional reps are out of touch, but keep voting them in.

But notice the wording in the OP. "Republicans in Congress have lost touch with GOP voters". It doesn't say "their Republican in Congress has lost touch with his GOP constituents".

Yes, voters don't approve of the collective Congress, but they seem to think "their" guy/gal is doing just fine. All those other bums are the problem.

Stary Hickory
10-23-2009, 10:59 AM
This data applies to directy to people like Lindsey Grahm who are the REAL problem in the GOP.

Bucjason
10-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I find it funny that 73% are dis-enfranchised, yet, won't support Ron Paul types...do they actually think a country can run with a semi-free-market empire? Are they delusional?

Embrace libertarianism GOP or die.

I think it has mostly to do with the fact that most republicans are still post 9/11"hawks" . They don't believe in non-interventionism any longer, so Ron Paul's foriegn policy scares them off .

As the war on terror continues to waste money and lives, however , I think more will come back to the original non-interventionist roots of TRUE conservatism.