PDA

View Full Version : From NBC -- Ron Paul Exceeds Q2 Numbers

Joe Knows
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Ron Paul exceeds Q2 numbers

From NBC’s Carrie Dann

Dark-horse Republican candidate Ron Paul will report third quarter fundraising totals that exceed his $2.4 million take in Q2. According to communications director Jesse Benton, Paul raised $1.2 million alone in the last week during a down-to-the-wire online fundraising drive. The announcement comes after last week's New Hampshire trip for Rep. Paul, which included a rally attended by about 800 people and a major canvassing drive in the Granite State. The Ron Paul campaign expects to report its final third-quarter numbers later this week.

hard@work
10-01-2007, 05:07 PM
wahooooooooo!

RonFan1776
10-01-2007, 05:08 PM
NBC is giving RP the hookup today. Good stuff!

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I posted that here already. That was I could get Kent to confirm on Saturday night right after we hit $1 million--I tried to get more info, but they are all very tight lipped (irritating but speaks well of their professionalism).

Ibgamer
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Here's that publicity coming in

Suzu
10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
NBC is giving RP the hookup today. Good stuff!

They sure ain't doing it on the nightly news. Their top story tonight was on Christian conservatives looking for an alternative to Giuliani, and RP was never mentioned (altho Romney, Thompson, McCain and Huckabee were).

winston_blade
10-01-2007, 05:15 PM
link?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 05:16 PM
They sure ain't doing it on the nightly news. Their top story tonight was on Christian conservatives looking for an alternative to Giuliani, and RP was never mentioned (altho Romney, Thompson, McCain and Huckabee were).

Yeah...even though Huckabee raised shit and Ron Paul has a better stance on the issue

winston_blade
10-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I found the story.....nevermind.

American
10-01-2007, 05:17 PM
http://mvdg.wordpress.com/2007/10/01/its-all-about-the-money-ron-paul-surprises-thompson-disappoints/

Congressman Ron Paul, meanwhile, will have most likely raised well over $3 million in this quarter. The final sprint resulted in $1.2 million - that’s more than million raised online in just one week time. Before this result, the campaign was already insinuating that it had raised more in the third than in the second quarter ($2.4 million). As such, it seems quite fair to assume that the Congressman from Texas has raised some $3.5 million, which is not bad considering his status as an outsider with virtually no chance of winning the nomination according to experts.

goldstandard
10-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Somebody at msnbc has to be a Paul supporter. This article is the second today about Paul:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/10/01/389729.aspx

From NBC’s Carrie Dann
Dark-horse Republican candidate Ron Paul will report third quarter fundraising totals that exceed his $2.4 million take in Q2. According to communications director Jesse Benton, Paul raised $1.2 million alone in the last week during a down-to-the-wire online fundraising drive. The announcement comes after last week's New Hampshire trip for Rep. Paul, which included a rally attended by about 800 people and a major canvassing drive in the Granite State. The Ron Paul campaign expects to report its final third-quarter numbers later this week.

Perry
10-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Please post links. I cannot stress the importance of backing up one's quotes.

werdd
10-01-2007, 06:02 PM
i was watching the christian conservative deal on msnbc too, it angered me so much. RON PAUL, pat buchanan didn't even shout out RON PAUL!

DjLoTi
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Nice! later this week, great news!

jacmicwag
10-01-2007, 06:25 PM
We're starting to cook.

DahuiHeeNalu
10-01-2007, 06:28 PM
GOOD NEWS & Good Press on dat 1!

Karsten
10-01-2007, 06:43 PM
MSNBC sucks, but generally it has been the "most" fair mainstream media to us, especially when you consider Tucker, and Bucannan's frequent positive mentions of Ron Paul.

james1906
10-01-2007, 07:23 PM
MSNBC sucks, but generally it has been the "most" fair mainstream media to us, especially when you consider Tucker, and Bucannan's frequent positive mentions of Ron Paul.

and I don't know if Joe Scarborough endorses him, but they were friends in Congress, so there's more positive coverage.

itsnobody
10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Woah great news

Avalon
10-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Frequent compared to other talking heads, but they still talk about other first tier candidates far more often and buchanan has probably talked about the huckster just as often.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 07:33 PM
and I don't know if Joe Scarborough endorses him, but they were friends in Congress, so there's more positive coverage.

if he did.. he would have him on everyday

paulaholic
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM

Unbelievable. What's with the Huckabee fascination. His boost in coverage has not translated to a boost in the polls, so it seems like they'd give up on him and move to the next man in line, Ron Paul.

dircha
10-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Ron Paul exceeds Q2 numbers

From NBC’s Carrie Dann

Can we get a link to this story on the NBC site?

We need to get this up on Drudge. Now that we have an actual MSM story, maybe we can do it.

dircha
10-01-2007, 07:40 PM

That's really astounding, considering that Dobson, probably the most influential Christian conservative leader, has already said that he will not support Romney or Thompson either.

Cowlesy
10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah I have to say the MS-NBC people are fair to Ron. He has quiet supporters in Tucker Carlson, Pat Buchanan and Joe Scarborough.

These guys have jobs and livelihoods just like us, they always give Ron a fair chance and actually help pump him up, and I appreciate them for that.

Avalon
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Unbelievable. What's with the Huckabee fascination. His boost in coverage has not translated to a boost in the polls, so it seems like they'd give up on him and move to the next man in line, Ron Paul.
He's the most marketable second tier candidate that they own.

MsDoodahs
10-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah I have to say the MS-NBC people are fair to Ron. He has quiet supporters in Tucker Carlson, Pat Buchanan and Joe Scarborough.

These guys have jobs and livelihoods just like us, they always give Ron a fair chance and actually help pump him up, and I appreciate them for that.

I no longer watch exclusively business television all day. In the mornings, I watch Joe Scarborough and in the afternoons, I watch Tucker.

I doubt I'm the only one. As long as they're offering snippets here and there of positive Paul coverage, I'll keep watching.

:)

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
yeah, funny how they didn't mention Ron Paul on "Morning Joe" when he was on the front page of the Boston Globe, they skipped his article

Chester Copperpot
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Joe Scarborough is a friend to Ron Paul.

wgadget
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM

I wonder why they don't like Huckabee. I thought he was their sweetheart this time around. (Maybe they know about the immigration....);)

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 07:58 PM
I pulled as much as I could together:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21634