PDA

View Full Version : Cheap way to improve name recognition?

transistor
10-01-2007, 04:20 PM
So, Facebook now offers flyers that are pay-per-click instead of pay per impression. I've been playing with this for the last couple days, and while the click through rate is horrible, I'm getting tens of thousands of impressions for free. For example, for the last four days, I've gotten over 120,000 impressions with 50 clicks for less than $1.

You can pay as little as 1 cent per click with a maximum daily budget as low as $1.

I was thinking maybe we could make flyers with Ron's picture, a couple selling points, and a link to his website. You can target the ads based on keywords also, so that's a plus.

Facebook does have advertising guidelines here: http://ads.facebook.com/ads/creative/facebook/Facebook_Advertising_Guidelines.pdf

There are two politically related ad rules, but I don't think either apply to what we'd be doing. I've been trying to get in contact with Facebook to confirm this because I've heard of people getting their accounts banned for advertising ring tones and that doesn't appear to be on the list.

Let me know what you guys think...

So before anyone tries this, maybe we should contact Facebook. Or if you really want to try it now, I suppose you could register a new account so it won't be a big deal if it gets banned.//

erowe1
10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
It looks like a good idea. But the groups where we really need to build up his name recognition are all the people who DON'T use Facebook.

transistor
10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
It looks like a good idea. But the groups where we really need to build up his name recognition are all the people who DON'T use Facebook.

Yeah, no doubt. But there are just so many college students frightened by the work 'republican' and if we let some of them know Ron Paul is against the Iraq war and the war on drugs, we might get some supporters that otherwise would have never looked to the republican party...

transistor
10-02-2007, 06:36 AM
did anyone try this yesterday?

Primbs
10-02-2007, 06:39 AM
If we can get those college students to help out during the Iowa caucus and New Hampshire primary, we can win. We need to get these college kids to commit now to hlep out in Iowa and other parts of the country over the Winter break.

kylejack
10-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Does this violate campaign finance laws? It seems like a lot of stuff that activists are doing does, in fact. I'm not saying stop, but should we consider the impact?

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Sounds good to me...

Todd McGreevy
12-23-2007, 10:57 PM
www.ronpaulringtones.org (http://www.ronpaulringtones.org)
I set this site up two days ago. Would love to see more ring tones created from actual statements from Dr. Paul. Could be really good viral marketing, especially with the more tech savvy younger voters... hearing Dr. Paul's voice state "never take a country to war without the permission of Congress" three times in a row while in line waiting for your latte could be a good conversation starter. Certainly more interesting than discussing Romney's lawn boy or Ghouliani's mistress security.
You can email your own ringtones for the site to mytone@ronpaulringtones.org
Thanks,
Todd

Antonius Stone
12-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Flyers. Staple gun. Wooden Electric pole.

every pole in your city. go now.

pikerz
12-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Does this violate campaign finance laws? It seems like a lot of stuff that activists are doing does, in fact. I'm not saying stop, but should we consider the impact?

independent expenditures are not regulated.

alienpyro
12-24-2007, 09:24 AM
the ultimate name recognition method............ join the effort