PDA

View Full Version : Youtube.com/Edu

ClayTrainor
10-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Does anyone else here utilize the Educational power of this?

you can watch full blown lectures, from the dozens of prestigious universities, and pretty much take full courses... For Free!!!!

I can get lost for days on this thing. :)

http://www.youtube.com/Edu

Just some friendly advice... Check it out, if you're interested in a great tool to gain some serious knowledge :)

madengr
10-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Good stuff. The MIT open courseware is in there.

ClayTrainor
10-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Good stuff. The MIT open courseware is in there.

Yup... I'm going to organize some links and actually start educating myself and taking some courses. I've been thinking about going back to school for a while just to learn new things, but the internet seems to be destroying my need to do that :D

bill50
11-16-2009, 01:23 PM
the internet seems to be destroying my need to do that :D

The education at any college is absolutely worthless. The job that the little piece of paper you get when you've financially destroyed your future is what's worth something.

dannno
11-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Wow, thanks. I don't have TV so this kinda stuff is great!

dannno
11-16-2009, 01:32 PM
The education at any college is absolutely worthless. The job that the little piece of paper you get when you've financially destroyed your future is what's worth something.

Depends on your definition of "worth"

I learned a lot of information in college that will probably never make me any money.. and a lot of my college education occurred outside of class. It was an invaluable experience, that again, will probably never make me any money.. but I do feel like I will be able to live a more fulfilling life because of the experiences I had.

On the other hand, I majored in business/economics which has helped me make a lot of money, degree or not. On top of that, probably 99% of the economics I learned is completely in line with Austrian Economics, or irrelevant to Austrian Economics, they just don't teach Austrian Economics.. ie. how the business cycles are caused rather than buffered by the system, etc..

Danke
11-16-2009, 01:32 PM
meh, still nothing on how to become a lion tamer.

squarepusher
11-16-2009, 01:43 PM

maybe we should invest in forged transcripts :)