PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Constitutions for U.S. Army Soldiers!

dr. hfn
10-22-2009, 02:19 PM
I received the following email at the inbox of the Daily Paul.

Dear Daily Paul:

I'm an Army 2LT at an AIT unit in Fort Sill Oklahoma. I've noticed that there is no training of Soldiers on the Constitution that they are sworn to defend. Although I cannot modify our Soldier's training schedule, I am in a position to give away pocket copies of the Constitution.

If your readers would like to donate pocket copies of the Constitution to U.S. Army Soldiers I can ensure that they will be distributed fairly. Our unit processes approximately 60 Soldiers a week.

The address to send them to is:

Commander
Bravo Battery, 1st Battalion, 78th Field Artillery
428th Field Artillery Brigade
Fort Sill, Oklahoma 73503-6202

Until RJ Harris (http://www.rjharris2010.com/) can get elected to congress and propose his bill to make constitutional training mandatory at basic training, this may be the best way to move forward. I would appreciate your support.

I must also ask that you understand I am NOT requesting a donation, but rather informing you that I can distrubte Constitutions to Soldiers. If you feel you can share some version of this on your website, I would appreciate it. Anonymity would be preferred, as well as re-stating that I am NOT asking for donations. I am merely hoping that the concerned citizens who want to make a difference are aware of an opportunity to make a difference.

Thank you.
- - - - - -

Can we help him out?

Cheapest place to get pocket Constitutions is at the Campaign for Liberty's online store: https://www.campaignforliberty.com/store/index.php
Source: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/111764#comment-1215784

evilfunnystuff
10-22-2009, 02:22 PM
doh! n/m

Icymudpuppy
10-22-2009, 02:23 PM
That's not his contact info. If he is a 2LT, he is definitely not the commander.

angelatc
10-22-2009, 02:32 PM
THe cheapest place to get pocket constitutions is here: http://www.nccs.net/us_constitution.html .
$30 for 100, free postage.

Deborah K
10-22-2009, 02:36 PM
This is brilliant! And should be given to cops and border patrol as well!

evilfunnystuff
10-22-2009, 02:53 PM
That's not his contact info. If he is a 2LT, he is definitely not the commander.

lol my bad i just saw that anonomous bit and panicked

dr. hfn
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I would rather give them Campaign for Liberty pocket constitutions and thereby spread our organization and possibly recruit hundreds of thousands of new members from the coveted and highly respected Armed Forces.

angelatc
10-22-2009, 04:32 PM
I would rather give them Campaign for Liberty pocket constitutions and thereby spread our organization and possibly recruit hundreds of thousands of new members from the coveted and highly respected Armed Forces.

That's all well and good, but they're certainly not the cheapest by any stretch, which is what the OP said.

From the CFL, 100 cost $79.45 after shipping.
From The Heritage Foundation, $60.00.
From the Constitution Society, it's $30.00.

dr. hfn
10-22-2009, 04:34 PM
That's all well and good, but they're certainly not the cheapest by any stretch, which is what the OP said.

From the CFL, 100 cost $79.45 after shipping.
From The Heritage Foundation, $60.00.
From the Constitution Society, it's $30.00.

Is it possible the C4L would do this all by itself?

kathy88
10-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I'll go halves on 100 from CFL. Anyone match me?

Umbro2914
10-25-2009, 07:15 PM
could just get the cheaper ones, and put a sticker, or stamp from CFL on it?

dr. hfn
10-25-2009, 07:44 PM
could just get the cheaper ones, and put a sticker, or stamp from CFL on it?

no

Baptist
10-26-2009, 12:23 AM
the CFL ones come out to $65 with shipping for me.

The CFL Constitutions are awesome because they include the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions of 1798, and that is a huge bonus.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-26-2009, 12:52 AM
what if someone was to talk with the CFL about ordering in bulk (like 1000 or whatever) and therefore lower the price. We could have a chipin here.

kathy88
10-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Bump. Let's do this, folks...... Who can ask at CFL? Good price on 1000?

jlaker
10-26-2009, 07:33 PM
How about if we send a DVD of oath keepers too.

dr. hfn
10-26-2009, 07:45 PM
bump for massive recruitment!!!

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-26-2009, 08:19 PM
How about if we send a DVD of oath keepers too.

Kubic, would the DVD be too much?? If not, why don't we tap Oath Keepers to help us out with the bill. They have money and would be on board with this idea I think.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-26-2009, 08:21 PM
kubic, I'll let you contact them if you want.

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/contact/

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-26-2009, 10:02 PM
I've got $537.26 for 1000 CFL pocket constitutions including shipping. Can someone point me to where the Oath Keepers DVD is, or was that just an idea?

*found it http://www.onedollardvdproject.com/DVD-new/Order.html

i think including dvds would get too expensive, even at $2/each. The CFL Constitutions comes to about $0.45/each

angelatc
10-26-2009, 10:04 PM
the CFL ones come out to $65 with shipping for me.

The CFL Constitutions are awesome because they include the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions of 1798, and that is a huge bonus.

FedEx can't ship to APO boxes.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-26-2009, 10:13 PM
just had another idea. (a lot larger than the original. i don't mean to derail this thread) What if we were to do this...

http://www.soldierassist.com/adopt.html

but include the pocket constitutions/dvds etc. This could be a massive fund raising effort that could really break down party lines as well as give some much needed good press. People who are not part of the r3VOLution would still be willing to donate to Adopt a Soldier.

thoughts?

*[continuing to brainstorm] this could end up being another door-to-door activity for everyone too. Many of us went DtD for Ron Paul, why not in support of the Troops. Since we are asking for money we'd need an official (and trusted) backer. Could the CFL allow the use of it's name for a grassroots project? I'd suggest using the Oath Keepers's name except for the fact the most people receive the message from the MSM that they are terrorists. Maybe Adam Kokesh could come out and back it? Or would that make it too political?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-26-2009, 10:33 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/materials/C4L_Pocket_Constitution.pdf

dr. hfn
10-26-2009, 11:17 PM
I think the pocket cons we send must be the C4L ones.

Will the military even allow Oath Keepers dvds through?

Someone needs to design a site and chip-in for this project...

dr. hfn
10-26-2009, 11:17 PM
I think the pocket cons we send must be the C4L ones.

Will the military even allow Oath Keepers dvds through?

Someone needs to design a site and chip-in for this project...

dr. hfn
10-26-2009, 11:39 PM
From C4L Store:

You will not find another Pocket Constitution like this one! Created specifically for C4L, it contains the United States Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions of 1798 plus a forward by Congressman Paul. In addition, author and historian Tom Woods gives a special introduction to the "Principles of '98". With an attractive glossy cover featuring scenes from the signing, it is available in bulk for circulating. Complete Contents: Forward by Congressman Paul on the Constitution; Declaration of Independence; U.S. Constitution; Amendments; Introductory statement on the "Principles of '98" by Tom Woods; Kentucky Resolutions of 1798; Virginia Resolutions of 1798; About Campaign for Liberty.

Someone needs to contact C4L about this.

According to wikipedia:
Active Personnel: 1,473,900
Reserve Personnel: 1,458,100

= 2,932,000 /1000 = 2,932 x $537.26 = $1,575,246.32

Yes, if we want to get this into the hands of all of them, we need it be cheaper than $537.26 per 1000 w/ shipping from the C4L.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-27-2009, 05:56 AM
well the letter says he only sees 60 soldiers a week. let's start there. Trying to raise 1.5 million i think is way over shooting the scope of what we should do (or could do)

dr. hfn
10-27-2009, 03:12 PM
well the letter says he only sees 60 soldiers a week. let's start there. Trying to raise 1.5 million i think is way over shooting the scope of what we should do (or could do)

let our ambitions have no limits

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
let our ambitions have no limits

let us have balance so that we can endure.

dr. hfn
10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
let us have balance so that we can endure.

Lets get this project started. Someone contact C4L. We can do this, it may take a while, but we can do this.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-27-2009, 04:13 PM
let's define exactly what we want to do first.

1000 pocket Constitutions for this guy..

Commander
Bravo Battery, 1st Battalion, 78th Field Artillery
428th Field Artillery Brigade
Fort Sill, Oklahoma 73503-6202

?

dr. hfn
10-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Agreed, lets get him 1000 first. However, is there any way we can verify this guy is legit?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Agreed, lets get him 1000 first. However, is there any way we can verify this guy is legit?

contact the daily paul? or you could write a letter to the guy and send it snail mail. tell him what we're up to.

kaleidoscope eyes
10-27-2009, 05:28 PM
bump

dr. hfn
10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
contact the daily paul? or you could write a letter to the guy and send it snail mail. tell him what we're up to.

i have no money, you send the letter

dr. hfn
10-28-2009, 11:22 PM
bump!

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-29-2009, 04:47 AM
have you contacted the Daily Paul about finding out this guys legitimacy?

dr. hfn
10-29-2009, 01:50 PM
have you contacted the Daily Paul about finding out this guys legitimacy?

nope and i cant, no time

libertarian4321
10-30-2009, 04:09 AM

The 2LT is probably a platoon leader, not the brigade commander. The address given would end up sending the booklets to the battery commander, which is equivalent to a company commander (Captain)- the battery commander would be the 2LT's "boss."

This is a real unit at Ft. Sill- you can even see a pic of the battery commanders here: http://sill-www.army.mil/428thfa/1-78th_FA/battery_command.html#nogo .

I'm assuming this is a real request, not just a bizarre practical joke of some sort (like some wise ass 2LT trying to flood his company commander's office with thousands of pocket Constitutions).

dr. hfn
11-02-2009, 12:01 AM
From Deb Wells from C4L in reply to my inquiry:

Hi, Thomas. I think this is a great idea and would be willing to help out personally.

What did you have in mind in terms of headquarters helping with this project?

A large discount? An email to members for awareness? Other?

If you'll give me a more clear proposal, I can pass it on.

Regards,

Deb

kathy88
11-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Anything on this, yet?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-02-2009, 06:08 AM
From Deb Wells from C4L in reply to my inquiry:

Hi, Thomas. I think this is a great idea and would be willing to help out personally.

What did you have in mind in terms of headquarters helping with this project?

A large discount? An email to members for awareness? Other?

If you'll give me a more clear proposal, I can pass it on.

Regards,

Deb

Wow. nice!

Let's see. If the CFL emailed all it's members that would surely bring in enough PktCons for this guy. He said he only see's 60 a week. On the other hand, if we wanted a more centralized approach we could fund raise ourselves and just ask for a large discount. i'll think more about it, just woke up.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-02-2009, 06:12 AM
Ok, I spoke with the Daily Paul via email and they sent me this guys contact info. It is a legit request. I'm going to contact him and ask what is the best way for us to go about this. I have to work this afternoon/evening, but I'll update ya'll later tonight.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
bump

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
after reading over his original email this popped out at me "Anonymity is preferred". he sent the original email to the Daily Paul via the contact form. Should I be sending him an email? I don't want to expose anyone if they don't want to be.

Note: His email is a government (military) address.

(mood: a bit paranoid)

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-02-2009, 12:20 PM
after reading over his original email this popped out at me "Anonymity is preferred". he sent the original email to the Daily Paul via the contact form. Should I be sending him an email? I don't want to expose anyone if they don't want to be.

I post from my Government e-mail all the time and receive personal stuff. They all ready know what we are doing on our personal e-mails, so there is no point. We can try and practice COMSEC when the time comes where it truely is life or death.

Part of me wishes I was an instructor at A School just to do something like this. Master Chief be damned. :D

He wants anonymity so it doesn't get the attention of the C/O. Also, so they can't trace it back. I'm sure there is some antiquated UCMJ article that deals with this. The part about gift-giving I am certain of. We are legally only allowed to accept maximum 20$ "gifts". Anything else is a breach of the UCMJ and is considered NJP.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-02-2009, 06:17 PM

help

dr. hfn
11-02-2009, 11:06 PM
bump!

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-03-2009, 03:56 AM
help

We have CAC cards in the Military. Basically, only yourself and the IT's (They don't give a shit anyways - there's no rules against it (What we receive)) can see your E-Mail. Go ahead send him an e-mail it's fine. Like I said, I get CFL, Liberty on the Rocks, local orgs, LP, and other libertarian anti-State stuff sent to my @uscg.mil e-mail all the time. It's fine.

Besides we talk about politics in my shop all the time. I'm of course, the most "radical" Libertarian, but there are a few libertarians in my shop FWIW. One guy though parades himself around as a libertarian, but he's a clear far-left liberal. Says, he's fiscally conservative, but yet advocates all these spending programs. Pretty funny. Then when I start talking about Austrian Economics he goes all "We're done here". LMAO. Some faux-libertarian. Just thought that was a funny story.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
bump

i'm really interested in doing something with this. Nov 5th had my attention for a bit. this is an easy one to do.

step 1: purchase online w/given delivery address
step 2: that's it!

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-07-2009, 09:44 AM
well i was going to do a chipin, but after looking at it further it doesn't make sense to use chipin/paypal for something like this. so, we're still at individuals purchasing on their own.

dr. hfn
11-12-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/114439