PDA

View Full Version : National Polling & Ron Paul's new paradigm...

mconder
06-05-2007, 02:55 PM
National polling is an archaic system that does not reflect the modern distribution of information. This statement can be supported in many ways, but I will focus on one: landlines.

More and more people, especially in the younger generation, no longer have landlines but, instead, rely solely on a cell phone, e.g., I only have a cell phone. It is, I believe, exactly this demographic in which the largest support for Ron Paul can be found. Therefore, the national polls are missing a large pool of support for Ron Paul.

Internet polls inevitably sample a certain portion of the population and telephone polls inevitably sample a different portion of the population. I believe that these two portions are, to a large extent, disjoint. A more accurate picture of the support for Ron Paul can be obtained by averaging the online and landline polls. Since Ron Paul has won just about every internet poll I have seen, this would imply that the support for Ron Paul is much larger than the 1% indicated by the national polls.

A good article related to this topic can be found at:

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/ron-paul-natural-boost.html

rg123
06-05-2007, 03:15 PM
His name has only been included in 5 out of 27 polls also so that is a hugh factor as well